Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Show off your tires that stick out a bit!

49K views 90 replies 48 participants last post by  Cuda340 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok..I am old school, I love the look of rear tires that stick out a bit. Show 'em if you got em!
Also, tire and wheel size/offset info would be appreciated.
Here's an example-

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
American Racing Torq Thrust M 20/10 18mm offset 295/40/20 and 20/8.5 18mm offset 245/45/20.

Attachments

#10 ·
What brand tires are you running?

#4 ·
Show off your tires that stick out a bit!

When I first saw this, I thought someone wanted a pic of my belly.:slap:

#5 ·
#7 ·
mrproffitt asked me about clearance behind the tire to shock. Couldn't figure out how to send pics to him in a private message so I put them up on this thread. Might help out some others too. I can put a couple of fingers between the back of the tire and shock cover and not touch.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
This a new fetish I wasn't aware of yet? :naughty: "Old school vibe", you say? Yep, I got what you want, baby: 17x7 HRH wheels with -6mm offset and 235/60 tires. Can't imagine what it would look like with a wider setup and I keep it on the narrow side to avoid both the Ben-Hur look and the tickets. I'm already 1.2" beyond where the stock wheels were.

Currently sporting rear splash guards to complete that ******* thing I got going. In the future I might jack up the rear and paint the car red with a white zebra stripe (nah, just throwing that in to really piss people off :up_to_something:).

ETA: Just to be clear and because of some comments I see, I'm not saying that mine is the setup to have, either for max traction/grip or to impress people. 7" rims and 235 tires aren't going to cut it for too many people here. I gave my exact specs to be informative, and rim shape/offset alone are the reason why my wheels stick out, which was the topic of the thread after all (not wide tires).

Attachments

Reactions: raceheart77
#11 ·
This a new fetish I wasn't aware of yet? :naughty: "Old school vibe", you say? Yep, I got what you want, baby: 17x7 HRH wheels with -6mm offset and 235x60 tires. Can't imagine what it would look like with a wider setup and I keep it on the narrow side to avoid both the Ben-Hur look and the tickets. I'm already 1.2" beyond where the stock wheels were.

Currently sporting rear splash guards to complete that ******* thing I got going. In the future I might jack up the rear and paint the car red with a white zebra stripe (nah, just throwing that in to really piss people off :up_to_something:).
235/60/17's would only be about 8.5 inches wide not even close to what I need heck I think that size fits most mini vans :) my 295's are almost 4 inches wider thats old school and not any type of new fetish for me heck if I could fit n50's they would be there.

#29 ·
^^^Agreed! I love the stance and how the back tires fill the fender wells. I have a RT that is lowered with Mopar Spring kit and wondering if those rear tires will fit without rubbing on my car. Waiting on more details...

#32 ·
#34 ·
#31 ·
very cool thread...love the looks/stance of these challengers

#57 ·
Looks bad a#$...:thumbsup:

#35 ·
Any negatives to running 315's on the rear? I think they really complement the Challenger's fat "ass". I will probably go with 315's for my next set of tires. Anyone running 315's have issues with lowering your car?

#37 · (Edited)
Below each picture listed are tire sizes, wheel size and offset numbers.

^ 305/35 P-Zeros on 20x10.5 with +25 offset, no rubbing according to owner.

^ 315/35 NT05 on 20x10.5 with +30 offset. Slight rubbing on inner fender eliminated after flattening inner fender/plastic liner bulge.

^315/35 NT05 on 20x10 with +18 offset, owner had to roll outside fender to clear.

^315/35 Invo 20x10 with +30 offset, slight rubbing on inner fender eliminated by flattening bulge on inner sheet metal and plastic liner.

^ 315/35 Motivos 20x10 with +23 offset, no rubbing on stock ride height 392 SRT

Obviously, some of the cars above are lowered more than others.

Hope that helps.

#36 ·
Well, I'm glad that this thread was started and so many post pics because until then I thought my car to be a bit on the odd-looking side. Make me wanna go ahead and get some wider rubber now - it should work, visually and otherwise. :)

Attachments

#41 ·
These look so awesome I just wrote a thread about affordable larger sized tires. I'd love to hear from you guys if you have tips on the best route.

#46 ·
#50 ·
yes I have matching front runners just no pictures...

70TA..that looks down right scary...did you have to minitub or modify the inner rear to make that 390 fit? looks great.
no I didn't they are a tight fit and just cleared the OD is 29.3" and width 12.5" they only rubbed the inner plastic when taking hard turns...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.