Dodge Challenger Forum banner

stock height with adjustable camber control arms?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  wasp392 
#1 ·
car is 2013 Daytona R/T with a 6.4 crate motor.
I bought it at 24k wearing outer edges of all tires, all chopped up.
got an alignment at dealer, much better, but they said 'not able to adjust much' with stock parts. 'it's in the green'. 'These cars eat tires'
Will aftermarket adjustable camber rear control arms, like Jay's Hot Rods or Spohn - and fronts like SFC/Eibach - let a good shop really align my car to reduce tire wear? maybe even reduce bump steer I feel?

Or will those parts be not needed for a non lowered car?

Any alignment gurus have specs I should shoot for?

Stock tire sizes 245/45/20 on factory struts/shocks.
Pettys sway bars, 4 point strut braces helped a lot.

any guys running aftermarket control arms - please comment on street driving.
thanks!

#2 ·
Depends on how much off the specs are. If you're in the green then you might get away with camber bolts for the front and camber bushings for the rear. I believe you only have half a degree room for adjustments with those.
With aftermarket control arms which are pricey you have more room for adjustments. Keep in mind with aftermarket arms you may experience squeaking noises due to the type of bushings used in them.
I'd also recommend going with the SRT alignment specs.
Text Head Nose Cartoon Jaw

Depending on how good and knowledgeable the alignment shop is they might be able to get you within specs by moving the cradles a bit and save you from buying any parts. But most alignment shops won't do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
wasp392 - good thinking.....aside from poly bushings, do you think firmer handling, even if camber adjustment feature is/isn't utilized, will come from the stronger control arms/bushings? As in - added handling bonus with the aftermarket sway bars and end links and tension bars I have?
also, is that the Chally or Charger SRT spec sheet?
I've brought spec sheets to one shop before, and he did it. Loosened and pulled with straps an aftermarket front k-member. Even tack welded my eccentric washers to keep the alignment, because pot holes!

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.