Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Tire Size Question

Tags
tires wheels
6K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  cannonballcobb 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I am new to the forum and in a time crunch so I am sorry if this has already been discussed.

I am going to buy Rohana RC10 wheels with 20x9 fronts and 20x10 rears. The offset is 15mm front and rear. I am currently on H&R lowering springs that drop the car a good amount.

My question is what tire size should I run? I want to get a good wide tire without any rubbing or massive poke.

I also want a good summer tire that will have performance with a comfortable ride. The only tire I have experienced in another challenger is a Nitto 420s and thats pretty rough over bumps. So any tire suggestions would help as well.

P.S. My car is a 2014 Rallye Redline SXT
PLEASE HELP:grin2::grin2::grin2:

#2 ·
I think it will be hard to get the kind of advice you are wanting here except from a real tire expert. With your car lowered it makes it more difficult to be sure and nobody wants to be blamed for your tires not fitting correctly. After all it's a big layout of $$.

#3 ·
I'm looking for the same info, not looking for opinions or advice looking for people who have the tires and wheels on their car already, this is probably the most common upgrade, just need some direction. I'
m looking at 20x9.5 +18 with 275/40/20 (factory Hellcat wheel and tire spec)

#4 ·
Why? What are you driving? What do you want the wheels to do for you? People change wheels for different reasons so what direction are you wanting to go with your new wheels? Drag racing? Track ? Show? You should have your own reasons for wanting to change. Be a little more specific and maybe someone can give you some help to find what you are looking for or maybe show you what they have in that area.

#5 ·
It looks like he is looking for bigger that won't rub, If so, question is what size can he run that will not rub?

A Guy

#6 ·
I have heard of guys running 305s on 10 inch wheels but some say they had to slightly modify the liner slightly. If you don't mind a slight modification of the wheel area you can probably even go with 315s. I also am not sure what offset for 10 inch rims will give you the proper amount of room without rubbing. Even if you figure out the offset you need then finding the wheels you like with the proper offset is a problem. I went with 9 1/2 inch rims because my car has the Mopar lowering springs and I was not sure they would not rub but I also stuck with 275/40/20 Drag Radials for the drag strip. My setup will not help in determining what will clear on the 10 inch rims. Hopefully someone will come on here and give some solid info. Wish I could be more help.

#7 ·
No, that's exactly the info I am looking for. Wife just bought the car for her daily driver. Its an SXT so probably not making any trips to the track in the near future, my mods are all for show. Wanting to go with the 20x9.5 +18 with 275/40/20. I also want to go with lowering springs and didn't know if they would rub. Does any one have experience with the Firestone Indy 500 tires? Everything I researched ratings were high and price is low

#9 ·
You may be interested in this tire it has very good reviews from the SRT Jeep guys and the price won't break the bank Arturo AZ850

I would go with these on all 4 corners, if your going with SRT Wheels I think your going to have to run spacers to get the proper fitment. I assume your running the Stage 1 kit from Mopar, if so no problems with clearance. I'm waiting for my 315/35/20 AZ850's to arrive and mount up on the SRT/ HellCat Rims....
You do know that Factory Reproductions has a Helcat wheel replica available that you can get in 9x 20 & 10x20 if your looking to go staggered complete set should run around $850

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.