Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Too Much Pressure?

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  DodgeCACares 
#1 ·
I bought my SXT on monday and was going through the display and saw my air pressure was 40-45 psi on all 4 tires but door says 32 cold psi. I checked it and they are around 42 hot. Which is correct?

#4 ·
My SXT Plus was also 45. Lowered them to around 32-34. A Guy

#6 ·
I can tell you from experience that you do NOT want to continue to run that much PSI in your tires. Follow the door sticker and keep them inflated to that spec as closely as possible (add a couple PSI if checking hot) as long as you run those tires. If you ever get different tires, they may have a different PSI spec, but if they're the same size, just keep with the number on the door, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches that way.

Oh yeah, my experience running my back tires at 40+ PSI when they should have been low 30s: within about 6K miles, the center of the tires went bald...seriously, it was the strangest wear pattern I've ever seen - right down the middle of the tread it was just completely bald, and only left about an inch of tread on each side along the edges.

#8 ·
Yeah, mine were all at 51 psi when I picked it up. I suppose the dealer never checked the air pressure during the PDI. And that makes me wonder what else they don't check (on all their cars).

#10 ·
Hi Jallenb11,

I have researched your question and in the 2016 Dodge Challenger Owner's Manual on page 436 it states the following:
Tire Loading And Tire Pressure
Tire And Loading Information Placard Location
NOTE: The proper cold tire inflation pressure is listed on
the driver’s side B-Pillar or the rear edge of the driver’s
side door.
Example Tire Placard Location (Door)

I hope this helps clarify which is correct.

Thanks.

Lyne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.