Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Viper Wheels on Challenger RT

91K views 55 replies 37 participants last post by  Hellrayzer 
#1 ·
Definately considering getting the Viper replicas from Factory Reproductions. I know they are heavy but that doesn't mean a whole lot to me. My question has with which width to choose.

I'm definately going 20 inch, but I cant decide whether to go 9 or 10 inches wide in the rear. I plan on running 275 wide tires and can run this on either rim. Will this tire stick out of the wheel well on the 10 inch rim? I eventually want to drop on coilovers so want something that can stuff the wheel weel, but not stick out. The only reason I ask is I've seen some combinations on 10 inch rims that both do and don't stick out the side.

Thanks!

#5 ·

Yes, +18 for the FR 20x10 Vipers and also +18 for the 20x10 FR wheels pictured above with 295/40-20 for reference.

Above is my car with 20x9 FR wheels +20mm offset with 275/40-20 rears. I'm wanting to switch to the 20x10 now that they're available.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: B-Digital
#13 ·
Would they rub if it was still stock height??? And it looks amazing by the way. Such a huge difference wheels make. :yikes:

#8 ·
here are mine.. Not replicas but they 20x10 with the exact same offset. I love the way they fit and in that picture those tires are 275/40R20. With coilovers the worst you might have to do is roll or cut the inside of the wheel lip a little but I doubt it.. my car is lowered and has no rubbing issues. Today I get my 315/35's on so that might change a little :thumbsup:

#9 ·
here are mine.. Not replicas but they 20x10 with the exact same offset. I love the way they fit and in that picture those tires are 275/40R20. With coilovers the worst you might have to do is roll or cut the inside of the wheel lip a little but I doubt it.. my car is lowered and has no rubbing issues. Today I get my 315/35's on so that might change a little :thumbsup:

Whoops forgot to attach the pictures! Here ya go..

Attachments

#10 ·
Viper wheels r sweet ! Where's the best place to get some at ?

Reactions: messton
#53 ·
DOC .... I have a lowered RT with 22's (20sonfront)and have only rubbed once when I had another big dude in my car (300plus) what you have to check is the overall height of the tire my tire over all is 28" and if I go with a 20" rims some times the wider tires are taller so it could have just been a tire change that you needed to do look at the pic and you can a good jist of the fitment
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sports car

#17 ·
I suggest going staggered, but if you go that route I'd go a little wider on the rear like 295/40's, you can't rotate the wheels anyway and the 295's are a better fit for that width IMO. I have the Charger replicas, 10" in the rear paired with 295's, they don't stick out or rub and I believe they have the same offset of the Vipers.

#18 ·
I have a 2010 RT with Viper Replicas. Fronts are 20x8 with a 275/45's and Rears 20x10 with 315/35's at stock ride height. A lot of guys said the 315's fit fine with no rubbing. That may be true with theirs but when I hit a dip in the road it sounds like my rear quarters are getting ripped off of the car. However I have had no problems with the front tires. Next time I will get 295's for the rear. Hope this helps.

#27 ·
Looks amazing! Do they rub bad? I know Doc said his rub, but his is lowered?

#34 ·
#35 ·
Here's mine with staggered 20's 275/40/20 front and 315/35/20 rears with coil overs. no rubbing but I did roll the fenders in the rear

#36 ·
So my bday in on Monday, looks like I'm getting some Viper rims!!! :clap:

I'm going with 20's, since my stock tires only have 4,500 miles on them. Finish will be satin black, to go with my stripes. I'll also be getting my hood wrapped in satin black, plastidip my spoiler and gas door, and window tint. Should look pretty good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.