Dodge Challenger Forum banner

WRT Wheel Widening ???

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  ChoppedRoadie 
#1 ·
Considering having my rear 20" x 9" WRT's widened to 10" by Weldcraft. I need confirmation that my math is correct. Current WRT centerline of the 9" wheel to the hub mounting boss is 18.5mm. We will add 1" to the inside of the current 9" wide wheel making it 10" wide. The new centerline of 10" wheel to the hub mounting boss will be 31.20 mm (18.5mm + 1/2"). Cannonball is running a 30mm offset on his 10" wheels so a 3mm spacer would put me at 28.2mm offset or a 6mm spacer would put me at 25.2mm. Anyway I look at it this should be suitable for a 315 rear that can pretty much tuck and keeps me running forged lightweight wheels. Sound right? Thanks, Clyde.

#3 ·
Math was never my strong suit either, but I am excited for the result-

#4 ·
I was quoted $250 each and that included sanding and buffing the welds smooth. I have a buddy that owns his own powder coating company so I can get the paint done for free. Fairly small investment to keep my forged wheels & go 315 out back.

#5 ·
I cant find anything i like as much as the wrts that are light and some what affordable so this sounds like a deal to me, I just dont like the idea of spacers, albeight they are SMALL, had some on a previous set up that nawed my wheel bearings (granted it was a bottom of the barrel car and the spacers where WAY too wide)

#12 ·
Wonder if anyone has done this. Just out of curiousity, did you contact weld craft to discuss if they could widen the forged lightweight wheel or were you just going off of information on their website? Really like the WRTs and it would certainly be a subtle mod most people wouldn't catch.

#13 ·
Yes, I contacted Weldcraft. They will do the WRTs for approx $275 each. Then you will need to re-powdercoat them at approx $100 each. I fairly thick wheel spacer will be required to push the wheel outward, away from the inner fender & chassis. Too much to invest ($1550 + shipping) and didn't want to run wheel spacers. I am very happy with my custom wheels that are much wider than stock and much lighter as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.