Off-Topic DiscussionAnything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**
Saw this and thought I would share with all of you:
1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams
2. If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -- Mark Twain
3. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain
4. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
5. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw
6. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money. -- G. Gordon Liddy
7. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. -- James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)
8. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries. -- Douglas Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton at George town University
9. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
10. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. -- Frederic Bastiat, French economist(1801-1850)
11. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -- Ronald Reagan(1986)
12. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. -- Will Rogers
13. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke
14. In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other. -- Voltaire(1764)
15. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you! -- Pericles (430 B.C.)
16. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session. -- Mark Twain (1866)
17. Talk is cheap...except when Congress does it. – Anonymous
18. The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. -- Ronald Reagan
19. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery. -- Winston Churchill
20. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. --Mark Twain
21. The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
22. There is no distinctly Native American criminal class...save Congress. -- Mark Twain
23. What this country needs are more unemployed politicians. -- Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)
24. A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
25. We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. -- Aesop
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic - Stinger Yellow
2011 Nissan X-Terra - Dark Red
2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - Grabber Blue
2004 Ford Mustang Cobra / Terminator - Torch Red
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Torch Red
2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Blue
1998 Ford Mustang Cobra - Black
1998 Ford Mustang Cobra - Yellow
1998 Ford Mustang GT - Yellow
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - Blue
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 12YChger-R/T-C For This Useful Post:
thanks for the laughs, but it's just going to get the 7 or 8 frequent-posting anti-government types here on their same old tiresome rants. Here's hoping it's shut down quickly and we can take the political fun to a different website.
My apologies. Honestly did not see the "No Politics" note. This was not meant to be an anti-government type posting, but thoought it was interesting from a historical perspective only. That said, if a Moderator can delete the posting as appropriate please.
82d Airborne (1974-1994)
2013 SRT8 6-speed
Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl
Black Vapor Chrome Wheels
Hurst short shifter
Web Electric sequential turn signals
Corsa Extreme Catback
Arrington Performance Carbon Fiber CAI
Arrington Performance Catch Can
Don't worry about it, it is a funny list folks will enjoy, and they'll probably let it run awhile if the responses stay light and not get into deeper political analysis. I just like to tweak the political posters once in awhile.
Very good historical quotes - the more things change, the more they stay the same!
Great post. Thanks.
#15 for me. And this "if you're not a liberal when you're young, you don't have a heart. If you're not a conservative when are older, you don't have a brain".
I think I've matured a little bit since 2008
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.