30 Days Til the End of the World... - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 06:46 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a feeling we will all be here on 12-22 still bashing all other makes and models! Beetching about our poor build quality and locked tuning. Probably complaining about service, parts and our crappy runs at the track too.

I love this place!

But I do believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy and I know TinCuda will be sending me a super special Christmas present that he bought just for me!
08 SRT8 #6077, InTune, AFE CAI, 180 TT, Catch Can, Cabin Air Filter, Speedlogix Strut Brace, Hawk HPS brake pads. Best time of 12.78@109.22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 07:28 AM

I expect a present from all of you given to me on the 20th of December just in case.

It seems every 10 to 20 years the world is going to end. sometimes sooner (like the guy who predicted the end of the world last year in June.)

Anyone who truly thinks it will please send your challenger to me in Renton WA. Include all of your mods. I can provide an address upon PM!!!!

Also the walking dead is such an amazing show
Old 11-22-2012, 07:41 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Originally Posted by raVenX View Post
Well, duh! Lighten up, have some fun with it. We don't believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy either, but like to play it up.
Wait... what?... there's no Santa???

Originally Posted by keggerken View Post
It may also be the start of a new enlightened era. One without Hate, or War, or 28" rims with spinners.
As perfect as it would be, a world without 28" wheels & spinners might be asking a lot.

2014 Challenger R/T
6-Speed
Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl
Born 10/23/2013
Old 11-22-2012, 02:13 PM

Photos: (10)
Originally Posted by rmfootball69 View Post
Absolutely beautiful cuda man. I could only dream to own a car like that.

Thanks for the kind words.

I think that it is funny that all these people that make a living out of writing doomsday books choose 2012 as the end of the world. If they where smart, they would pick someone like Nostradamus to write about. His end of the world is not until 3797. That would give you a lot longer to sell books. Dec 22, all these doomsday book writers that got on the Mayan band wagon will be discredited and out of business.

2008 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 Hemi

Last edited by TinCuda; 11-22-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:16 PM

Photos: (10)
Originally Posted by Go Goody View Post
I have a feeling we will all be here on 12-22 still bashing all other makes and models! Beetching about our poor build quality and locked tuning. Probably complaining about service, parts and our crappy runs at the track too.

I love this place!

But I do believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy and I know TinCuda will be sending me a super special Christmas present that he bought just for me!

If the truth where know, I really would like to send everyone a Christmas present.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Originally Posted by TinCuda View Post
I think that it is funny that all these people that make a living out of writing doomsday books choose 2012 as the end of the world. If they where smart, they would pick someone like Nostradamus to write about. His end of the world is not until 3797. That would give you a lot longer to sell books. Dec 22, all these doomsday book writers that got on the Mayan band wagon will be discredited and out of business.
New Nostradamus Quatrain for 2012 Discovered
By Stuart Robbins

"I usually don’t pay any heed to alleged prophecies or stuff like that, and I have written extensively about the 2012 stuff that won’t happen, but I was just made aware of this quatrain of Nostradamus that talks about 2012 and is uncannily foretelling:

In the year the sun shows his phases
And the second planet eclipses the brightest star,
The grand empire’s calendar foretells
The secret death of the world.

Now, as an astronomer, I found this particularly interesting. The first line seems crazy – the sun can’t show phases because it’s a star and is always “lit” relative to, well, any vantage point. But … during a solar eclipse, when the moon starts to cover it, it does sorta look like the sun is going through different phases. There’s a total solar eclipse in May 2012.

The second line also seems interesting. The brightest star in the night sky is Sirius, which is at a declination of -16 43′, meaning that Venus could never eclipse it – pass in front of it. But, then I remembered a joke that we sometimes play on people. Ask someone on the street what the brightest star in the sky is, and most won’t know and they’ll throw out random guesses. The answer, of course, is the sun! (This also works for the closest star, though most will guess proxima Centauri.) And, in June 2012, Venus passes in front of the Sun as viewed from Earth, an event that won’t happen again for over 100 years.

So we have two lines that seem to uncannily point towards 2012. The third one, if we want to go with 2012, seems to point towards the Mayan calendar, though one could argue about how “grand” the Mayan civilization was. After all, they let themselves be destroyed by the Spanish conquistadors.

And then there’s the fourth line (I did mention this was a quatrain, right?). Doom and gloom in 2012? Kinda raises goosebumps on your skin, even if you don’t believe in 2012 stuff. After all, how could a guy writing in the 1500s know about this?"

Last edited by pdx.challenger; 11-22-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by pdx.challenger View Post
After all, how could a guy writing in the 1500s know about this?"
The "Aliens" told him :what:

Sent from my SC-02C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by raVenX View Post
Well, duh! Lighten up, have some fun with it. We don't believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy either, but like to play it up.
What do you mean the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist?

Isn't "The Rock" the Tooth Fairy?
Old 11-23-2012, 02:52 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The science part of it makes sense. On that day the earth with have the rarest alignment with the sun and the center of the Galaxy. No telling what type of pull on the earth will create. Also solar flares are suppose to be at the highest mankind has ever seen on at that time. Which could render electronics useless. 2 weeks of that and we are in trouble.

The scariest thing is I read a article on a scientist that predicts natural disasters at a 90% clip solely based on the earths position to the moon at its closest point and where it lines up with the earth. Basically if its directly over a volcano or fault line he predicts a disaster. Just based on pull that the moon creates on the earth at it closest point. He is right at an alarming rate. Including the 2004 tsunami and many earthquakes and volcano eruptions. Long story short he predicts bad things for that day...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-23-2012, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by xbringdarukusx View Post
The science part of it makes sense. On that day the earth with have the rarest alignment with the sun and the center of the Galaxy. No telling what type of pull on the earth will create. Also solar flares are suppose to be at the highest mankind has ever seen on at that time. Which could render electronics useless. 2 weeks of that and we are in trouble.

The scariest thing is I read a article on a scientist that predicts natural disasters at a 90% clip solely based on the earths position to the moon at its closest point and where it lines up with the earth. Basically if its directly over a volcano or fault line he predicts a disaster. Just based on pull that the moon creates on the earth at it closest point. He is right at an alarming rate. Including the 2004 tsunami and many earthquakes and volcano eruptions. Long story short he predicts bad things for that day...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
pfffft science...science has been wrong far more times down through the ages than right.
Science is just pure impurism and by virtue of it's method excludes the possibility of metaphysics...and I would not believe in anything if not for my 1970's era lucky astrology mood watch

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.