4-Tec or Jato 3.3 - Nitro RC gurus - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 02:25 PM

Thanked 1,117 Times in 668 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There is also something to note that not all two strokes are the same. In larger scales of RC you run into actual gasoline powered two strokes which have spark plugs and do not require anywhere near the amount of constant tuning that a Nitromethane Two Stroke requires.

One of the things I hated the most about Nitro was having to tune the carb even if the ambient termperature and humidity changed a few points, fiddling with the carb to get it to run right.

I've had an itch to get into Fifth Scale for the longest time.. Fortunately the cost keeps me from leaping

Brett DiMichele

2011 Toxic Orange

2015 SRT Hellcat on order with Bob Frederick (Billet Silver, Sepia Languna)

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Well I spent some time at the hobby shop and he has pushed me towards electric. I think I'm just gonna save a little more coin and get a brand new one. Thinking about doing the Slash 4x4 brushless LiPo.

2012 SRT: Mopar CAI, Mopar front strut brace, Magnaflow high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder, BT catch can z mount with black braided lines, Diablo 93 octane tune, Jet 180 thermostat and BT thermostat housing, Hurst shifter, Mopar short throw shifter, skip shift eleminator, Mopar lowering springs, LED bulbs.

Last edited by NX91Notch; 01-16-2013 at 04:12 PM.
#13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a 2wd Slash myself with a brushless motor on it. It is a blast to drive and since so many people have them, there are enough in most areas to have a race with them. They drive well and are very tough.

My brushless system is after market. I am using a Castle Creations ESC and a 13.5 turn Novak motor. THis was built for a racing class in my area but it is a bit under powered. If I were you, I would get a rolling chassis and consider putting in a brushless 550 motor. 540 is not really enough to do it as it tends to run hot after 10 minutes. The 2wd will be race competative but I doubt the 4wd would be compared to other kits on the market.

Just my two cents.
#14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 01:22 AM

I have a Slash VXL that I take to work with in Saudi with me and let me tell you that thing is a blast! I have had a couple of issues with running in the desert heat but I've added a fan to the speed control and I also changed out the stock motor for a larger Castle Creations motor that manages the extreme heat better. I run 3 cell lipos and thats doesnt help much for the heat but it sure makes it faster!

If your running in the Florida summers you might see it get hot if running lipos but if you just let it cool for a couple minutes between runs you'll be fine. The only other issue with th slash/stampede 4x4 is the axles. They come stock as a plastic axle and you will break them so be sure to price out steel axles front and rear and add that into the purchase cost when you are making you decision.

Best of luck!
#15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM

(Thread Starter)
Well I totally went against not wanting to spend alot of money on a toy and dropped 600+ on one after all the add on lol. Go big or go home right.

I ended up picking up the Slash 4x4 Ultimate.

I am happy with it. I'm glad a got a electric now and so glad I got a truck. Went with some friends today and the 2 that had cars broke within 10 minutes of being there. I was jumping, flipping, rolling, you name it and it took everything I threw at it.

Only had to take a brake here and there to let the motor temp cool down. But it really only gets hot when I run the 3 cell lipo. The 3 cell is fun to haul ass with but I found already the 2 cell is better for bashing.

I put a little 10 dollar heat sink on the motor from the hoby shop seems to help a little. I see they sell a fan for the ESC but that didnt really seem hot. Alot of people say you need to change to the kings head motor mount that will help with some of the heat.

Last edited by NX91Notch; 01-27-2013 at 03:33 PM.
#16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 PM

You will be happy. That is one tough truck.
#17 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 PM

Congrats! Nice truck!
#18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 08:58 AM

(Thread Starter)
Well I have been have so much fun with my Slash electric I was still having that itch to play with the nitro...so I ended up walking out of the hobby shop the other day with a Revo 3.3 lol.

Now when I get pissed off at the nitro car I can just chuck it in the trunk and pull my electric one out.

Last edited by NX91Notch; 02-24-2013 at 09:00 AM.
#19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 09:51 AM

LOL that's usually how it goes! Cha Ching.. Cha Ching!

The electric start is like, the best invention EVER! Oh how I hated pull starting some of my bigger nitro's the .21 was a bear!

Last edited by Toxic11; 02-24-2013 at 09:51 AM.
#20 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic11 View Post
LOL that's usually how it goes! Cha Ching.. Cha Ching!
Ha ha you aint lying. Hobby shop loves us lately. My buddy walk out of there buying the e revo brushless. That thing pushed 800 bills after tax

And yes the electic start is nice lol. I had a blast with the nitro today. I had no problems at all with it. Heres and action shot of my Slash today. I didnt bash the Revo yet....firgured I would get a better hadle on this nitro stuff before I throw broken parts form bashing into the mix lol.

Last edited by NX91Notch; 02-24-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode