camaro & mustang forums ( talk ) - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 AM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
(Thread Starter)
camaro & mustang forums ( talk )

just curious.. there is alot of chatter on the challenger forum here about gt500's and zl1 cameros. do you think the other forums talk about our cars at all.

i would venture to say not but i could be wrong.

2009 SRT
ARRINGTON TVS 2300 8LB BLOWER WITH A.J. TUNE & MODERN MUSCLE THROTTLE BODY WITH LMI FENDER PULL INTAKE
ARRINGTON FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
BILLET TECH FUEL DOOR BADGE, DOORLOCK PINS, DEVO STRUT TOWER COVERS, COMPLETE UNDERHOOD KIT IN RED, POP CAN DELETE DISC'S, SRT WHEEL CENTERS, DOOR JAM INSERTS
CANTON SUPER CHARGER COOLANT TANK
BARTON SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH MOPAR SHORT THROW HANDLE]
CUSTOM HEAD RESTS
SPEEDLOGIX A-PILLAR POD WITH AUTOMETER CARBON FIBER GUAGES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They do. Everybody talks about the competition. Ours gains a lot of heat on other forums for being a big heavy but sexy beast.

They have kill threads that we come up in. Truthfully im a gm guy. I dont hate any performance vehicle. I do dislike the flamers and people that bash what they dont understand.

Only real way to ever compare. Car is stock for stock. Because with all amounts of money any car can be fast. Its those that build fast cars just to beat others that sound sad.

You should always build and buy a car for yourself and nobody else. This is why I have a challenger over a camaro. If my friends couldnt ride in the back easily and comfortably like they did in my four door cars then I dont want it.

Haha, thats a long answer to a simple question but..... oh well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to campton For This Useful Post:
Challenger SRT8. (05-16-2013), djpatrick35 (06-02-2013)
#3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM

Garage
They don't because they are all in here trying to convince everyone their car is superior.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 AM

Lmao

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Nah. We're not even blips on their radar. I honestly think they lump in the same category as hummers and jeeps.

2012 Challenger...totally NOT stock.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Actually yes they do. Once in a while someone on this forum will post a thread from one of the other ones nailing our cars.

I say, to each his own... what makes this country great. We all like what we like and get get what we want.

TorRed SE Model purchased: 2/05/09 (gone but not forgotten)
TorRed R/T Classic ordered: 4/06/13
R/T Classic born on: 6/04/13
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted
Billet under the hood stuff
MOPAR door sills

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
#7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
**Apologies in advance for such a long-winded response. I obviously either have too much time on my hands -or an "axe to grind, lol."

Without actually having anything but common sense to back up my claim…I’m virtually certain that any/all competitor forums include cross-talk that occasionally includes comment s regarding the Challenger. In addition, I feel it’s quite safe to say that those comments more than likely include the occasional “slam” directed at these larger, heavier and allegedly “underpowered,” vehicles.

Even if we travel back through the previous decades, back to the 60’s when muscle cars flourished, these rivalries was “alive and well.” Differences, however, were expressed verbally in those days, and many times escalated beyond a civil debate to heated arguments and even the occasional physical “rhubarb.” The participants in these cases of extreme differences of opinion were most often older teens –or- young men up to and including 25 year olds (+/-). Generally older fella’s that really gave a damn would abandon the bravado and boxing so as to proceed to the track to settle their differences; not altogether unlike young men who would meet at dawn for a duel, a century earlier.

As a matter of fact, a number of overly passionate competitors were often as concerned with the attributes, reputation and speed of their cars that that even their lady friends had to settle for a role as “second fiddle” to the machinery, lol.
As I consider my words here, considering the op’s initial question, as well as reminiscing over age-old “car wars,” it struck me a long time ago that virtually all of this verbal competition, while seemingly never-ending, is quite unnecessary.

Why?

Because….is it not fair to say that each of us, for example, having spent an equivalent sum of money for our Challengers could have just as easily purchased an equivalent offering from the competition; that is, could we not, in fact, just as easily purchased a camaro or mustang?

Is it not reasonable to assume that anyone here that decided to bear the cost burden of a near-$40K price tag for a well-equipped R/T –or an additional $10K+ for an 392-based SRT, could have easily made that same investment in a mustang GT or Camaro SS? Note that I am excluding the competition’s more exotic offerings as there is no equivalency currently available in the Dodge lineup to counter the GT500 or Camaro “Z-series” with regard to price or performance; the Viper being dismissed for obvious reasons.

That being said, isn’t much of this of all this “Brand X vs. Brand Y” skirmish just a bit silly.

Conclusion: Buy, drive and enjoy whatever you want to as long as you “break the bank” doing it. Let the naysayers complaints fall on deaf ears, and most importantly……there are far more important issues and higher priorities facing all of us, regardless of what we drive.

Just my two.....uh 10 cents worth !!

Respectfully,

Gary aka "beamg5"
The Following User Says Thank You to beamg5 For This Useful Post:
campton (05-08-2013)
#8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 01:53 PM

im on the GT500 forums...the Challenger isn't even a blip on their radar....never discussed

the ZL1= constantly

The Challenger has fallen behind and has had nothing new in 2-3 years....while the Camaro/Mustang have had something new every year.....why would they talk about the Challenger?

IM GOING TO DRIVE OVER YOUR CAR
AND DO A BURNOUT ON YOUR HOOD!
#9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 02:18 PM

(Thread Starter)
it is interesting to see and here people and how they compair cars.. that will always happen. I just find it funny lol.. mine is faster than your's type of attitude when it comes to various cars. again there will always be something faster, louder ect. my main thing behind the question is, do you think IF they are discussed on other forums they look at it as a clunky lead weight ( ahh DODGE JUNK ) or hey cool car they just need to get with the times a bit, so to speak.

chris
#10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 02:19 PM

(Thread Starter)
huggy just curious.. what car do you like better between the 2.. and I am considering ALL factors..

and what made you guy the other car?

just curious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode