camaro & mustang forums ( talk ) - Page 8 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 12:46 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by Brock Samson View Post
Say they want in generalizations but there are some guys on here that know how to modify and drive their Challengers. And while they have respectable kills, Challengers are still far and too few to make a respectable dent into other forums.

In some areas spotting a Challenger on the road is uncommon, let alone modded out to peak performance.
I see Challengers all the time. Sometimes I see them more the Mustangs, which says a lot. However, I would doubt any of them are modded. Most Challenger owners are only into cosmetic mods instead of power mods. Not to say we here at CT are like that. Even the majority of Mustangs and Camaros on the road aren't modded.

The latest thing I have seen on a Mustang form is that the V6 Mustang can blow away a R/T Challenger. I am hrad pressed to believe that, but let them have their fantasies.

January 2012 Ride of the Month WINNER!

Last edited by 2011Cuda; 05-28-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2011Cuda View Post
The latest thing I have seen on a Mustang form is that the V6 Mustang can blow away a R/T Challenger.
i wouldn't bet that the V6 would blow away an RT, but i will say that the V6 Mustang will give the RT a run for it's money....

first thing i told my uncle when he got his 2013 V6 Mustang was "man, it'll damn near run as hard as my RT".

old guy though, mid 50's - last thing he'll do is race and/or mod it.

it's just a car to him....

Last edited by Litos; 05-28-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by 2011Cuda View Post
I see Challengers all the time. Sometimes I see them more the Mustangs, which says a lot. However, I would doubt any of them are modded. Most Challenger owners are only into cosmetic mods instead of power mods. Not to say we here at CT are like that. Even the majority of Mustangs and Camaros on the road aren't modded.

The latest thing I have seen on a Mustang form is that the V6 Mustang can blow away a R/T Challenger. I am hrad pressed to believe that, but let them have their fantasies.
I dont know if i just notice challengers more or if there is actually more on the road. Minus chicago and saint paul that is. I for sure see more mustangs in chicago and camaros in saint paul. Seems like WI likes challengers though haha.

Originally Posted by Litos View Post
i wouldn't bet that the V6 would blow away an RT, but i will say that the V6 Mustang will give the RT a run for it's money....

first thing i told my uncle when he got his 2013 V6 Mustang was "man, it'll damn near run as hard as my RT".

old guy though, mid 50's - last thing he'll do is race and/or mod it.

it's just a car to him....
I agree with ya Litos. And for the common car person (which most of us arent) its just a car. They just got theirs to flavor up their lives it seems a little more. Theres a track foreman that drives a nice white challenger V6 only in the summer just because he likes that car. no exhaust no power adders. Not style mods either. Just his ride.

same goes with the engineer with the lime green SS. But he drives that in winter. Or at least he did the first year he got it.

Off topic: but wanna know guys that really dont care about us owning a challenger even the SRT 8's are the WRX/STI guys... id buy one but then id want to mod that too

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-28-2013, 04:45 PM

oh man, I need to go buy a rocking chair.. "old guy.. mid fifties".. thanks, I resemble that remark.

no doubt, that 2011 up 3.7L V6 is a monster. they're only about 1 second slower in the quarter mile
than the 5.0L GT stock vs stock.

a Mopar !0 vs V6 Mustang

Challenger r/t vs. 2012 Mustang v6 - YouTube

they keep calling it a GT, it's a V6.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:23 PM

Your not old yet. 60.... then maybe

Old 05-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by diver88 View Post
oh man, I need to go buy a rocking chair.. "old guy.. mid fifties".. thanks, I resemble that remark.

no doubt, that 2011 up 3.7L V6 is a monster. they're only about 1 second slower in the quarter mile
than the 5.0L GT stock vs stock.

a Mopar !0 vs V6 Mustang

Challenger r/t vs. 2012 Mustang v6 - YouTube

they keep calling it a GT, it's a V6.
dang - I showed that video to a few guys on here in another thread and they cried for about 4 or 5 days straight...

V6 Mustangs are fast - and so are a handful of other V6 Coupes that will beat the 5.7 HEMI in a straight up drag race....
Old 05-28-2013, 09:46 PM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

Originally Posted by 6SPD4ME
So, Campton ...
Please explain to everyone your $5,000 build and the specific enigine and Carb/EFI setup so everyone can do it. Also what year car you are installing your Fabled Engine Build-up in ... Please explain the process instead of just posting those dollar numbers. And please don't leave out the 150 NOS shot either. Remember, its 2013 not 1983.

Originally Posted by campton View Post
Cheap Big-Block Chevy Engine Build - Car Craft Magazine

You can do this... hey tell ya what email me at camhende@yahoo.com and remind me to show and tell ya details about the GM big block book. I dont have the small block one because i didnt have a small block. But you act like building a cheap fast engine is hard without power adders. Its not. But then define fast. Your definition of fast might be way different then mine.

I know the year. I wasnt even born in 83 . But id probably find a 350 small block for like 500 bucks locally... portage wi. Plenty of small shops around. And do just as what the article above stated. Cars.com and search for a 94 camaro. Cheapest one i can find. So far within 350 miles theres one for under 2k. But car price isnt included in your engine price.

drilling up some motor plates is cake. But i had a kmember installed in my camaro. I cant remember the price but check bmr fabrication. But in all honesty you said 5000 dollars. Just as most know its better and cheaper to have a reliable engine builder build you something in you ball park dollar range then too buy a crate motor. But i bought a crate motor anyway. Was 5800 dollars.
ZZ502/502. I just added to mine over time which is why i bought the big block book.

Ls1tech.com has a ton of projects under the small/big block posts of well built affordable engines. You dont have to believe me. Its online and google is everybody's friend.

Feel free to argue or whatever. To each there own but ill never understand why you think it costs a ton of money to build a strip car. Plan...plan... place into action. Dont cut corners and get the correct combination of parts. Again email me if you want that information. Im not saying i know it all cause you will see i ask a ton off questions. Best way to learn.

More then happy to help ya put something together though. I have decent resources and i love to search for new ideas and such. Happy memorial day

LMAO ... just as I suspected!!! Your bragging rights is based on a 4bbl Carburetored Chevy V8 in a $2,000 1994 Camaro. Shocking ... lol ... Chrysler has a similar book called "Mopar Engines" whereas I can build a small block 340/360 LA V8 for ditto dollars.

Then you make your point against a modern EFI Hemi V8 which takes double the dollars because you need that $2,600 plus to tune a modern EFI car to do it right without changing anything in the internals. As a matter of fact whether its a Chevy, Ford of Hemi V8 the dollar amount to tune an EFI V8 is a wash.

Yeah, my friend has a 2009 Shelby GT500 with 27 grand of upgrades by "Evolution Performance" to turn extremely fast ETs. Arrington costs about the same when the total package (Engine/suspension etc...) is complete.

Ooh, by the way, you forgot paint job, suspension, trans and interior work needed to bring that $2,000 body 1994 Camaro into shape to be actually compared to a modern Challenger, or even a Camaro or Mustang.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by 6SPD4ME View Post
Originally Posted by 6SPD4ME
So, Campton ...
Please explain to everyone your $5,000 build and the specific enigine and Carb/EFI setup so everyone can do it. Also what year car you are installing your Fabled Engine Build-up in ... Please explain the process instead of just posting those dollar numbers. And please don't leave out the 150 NOS shot either. Remember, its 2013 not 1983.

LMAO ... just as I suspected!!! Your bragging rights is based on a 4bbl Carburetored Chevy V8 in a $2,000 1994 Camaro. Shocking ... lol ... Chrysler has a similar book called "Mopar Engines" whereas I can build a small block 340/360 LA V8 for ditto dollars.

Then you make your point against a modern EFI Hemi V8 which takes double the dollars because you need that $2,600 plus to tune a modern EFI car to do it right without changing anything in the internals. As a matter of fact whether its a Chevy, Ford of Hemi V8 the dollar amount to tune an EFI V8 is a wash.

Yeah, my friend has a 2009 Shelby GT500 with 27 grand of upgrades by "Evolution Performance" to turn extremely fast ETs. Arrington costs about the same when the total package (Engine/suspension etc...) is complete.

Ooh, by the way, you forgot paint job, suspension, trans and interior work needed to bring that $2,000 body 1994 Camaro into shape to be actually compared to a modern Challenger, or even a Camaro or Mustang.
I wasn't ever bragging about anything. Im simply stating facts. And are you sure you can't build up modern muscle just as easy. Mind you im talking 4th gens and such. You can put carbs on those. Does that put them in the easy to mod category or the "hard" efi category.
Plus not everybody goes to a tuner just as not everybody has a shop put their parts on.
And I for sure didn't miss suspension,paint trans,or interior work. You said price in the engine so I have you price in the engine. Besides not all of that is needed. Read over....most ls1 guys keep their stock trans and rear and. And some suspension toi..welll I gotta go

Old 05-29-2013, 08:09 PM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

Originally Posted by campton View Post
I wasn't ever bragging about anything. Im simply stating facts. And are you sure you can't build up modern muscle just as easy. Mind you im talking 4th gens and such. You can put carbs on those. Does that put them in the easy to mod category or the "hard" efi category.
Plus not everybody goes to a tuner just as not everybody has a shop put their parts on.
And I for sure didn't miss suspension,paint trans,or interior work. You said price in the engine so I have you price in the engine. Besides not all of that is needed. Read over....most ls1 guys keep their stock trans and rear and. And some suspension toi..welll I gotta go

I'll take it at your word that you were not bragging but facts are facts and each manufacture has over 40 years of V8 engine building secerts available for a carburetored car. Even those 5.0 Fox bodied Mustangs needed to switch to carbs to go faster in the earlier days of EFI. That said, you carb/crate V8 installed Camaro of 1994 vintage is quite different from today's modern 2005 & up cars.

When GM installed the LS1 in the 4th Gen F-bodies part of the redesign raised the hood for the higher intake of the LS1. 1993-97 cars would need either a 3-inch plus Cowl Hood to install a LS1 V8.

The mods of the LS1 cost $2,400 when these cars were new to run mid 12s w/o any cam/head changes or mods. Why ask if a EFI to carb setup on a 4th Gen F-body is an easy mod on a Challenger site, when you can go to an LS1 Forum for that answer.

True, the additional paint and suspension etc... wasn't in my original statement as neither was transmission and suspension upgrade work but wouldn't that be part of the engine build too ??? Those F-bodies sure could smoke those tires on stock factory HP let alone a moded engine.

Those LS1 guys are running what ETs with stock trans (unless T56 6speed) and rear ends ... mid to low 12s. Anything else and they are leading you down a broken path.

But my biggest question is why bring all this into a Challenger Forum when apparently you don't have a clue on what it takes to run faster ETs in a Challenger. Other than basic modern electronics which can overlap with different factory inscription neither is applicable to the other since EFI electronics has advanced but is more restricted today at all auto companies.

A carburetored V8 eludes to old school technology ... propose your question in that section and see what answers you get. Your Big Block Chevy book is canceled the Mopar Engines book.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:52 AM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
and all I wanted to know is if they discuss our cars LOL!!! man I opened a can of worms

2009 SRT
ARRINGTON TVS 2300 8LB BLOWER WITH A.J. TUNE & MODERN MUSCLE THROTTLE BODY WITH LMI FENDER PULL INTAKE
ARRINGTON FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
BILLET TECH FUEL DOOR BADGE, DOORLOCK PINS, DEVO STRUT TOWER COVERS, COMPLETE UNDERHOOD KIT IN RED, POP CAN DELETE DISC'S, SRT WHEEL CENTERS, DOOR JAM INSERTS
CANTON SUPER CHARGER COOLANT TANK
BARTON SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH MOPAR SHORT THROW HANDLE]
CUSTOM HEAD RESTS
SPEEDLOGIX A-PILLAR POD WITH AUTOMETER CARBON FIBER GUAGES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.