Events In Your Area, Or Cool Places You Know About - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Banned

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Events In Your Area, Or Cool Places You Know About

Once I finish up work overseas, im going to jump in the Challenger and cruise the United States, and maybe Canada for a month or whatever, no set plans. With that said, where would you go, or what is local to you, like car shows. drag racing events etc etc that you know about? Nothing is too big or too small. Doesnt even have to be cars, just cool attractions or places. Just throw em up here!

This will happen sometime in Oct, so ill be traveling in a roughly clock-wise direction and heading north before it snows(hopefully). Starting in AZ, north through Colo, then Wyo, Nebraska, then shoot north again . From there, its wide open so what do ya have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Roost - first off, I assume you are in the Military? I don't know many people here and haven't seen whether you are or not.

Second, If you plan to travel as far south as NC, SC, GA, TN, let me know when you might be in the area. We belong to a small car club that LOVES to ride through the mountains of these four states with site-seeing stops along the way. If you get into that sort of thing, we would LOVE to have you join us if the timing works out.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:00 PM

Going to Nebraska- I would drive East along Route 2 from Alliance to Lincoln. Wide open two lane road right through the sand hills. Railroad tracks on one side and ranches and farms on the other. I would also grab a pic of your car at Alliance's "Carhenge". It's a replica of Stonehenge but made out of Cars. ONe of those cool, weird places to stop in the middle of the country. Anyhow, that road will take you almost the entire berth of NE.

South Dakota; there are two routes to get to Mt. Rushmore....take the scenic one ask the locals, they will tell you (I can't remember the road) Fantastic ride through the bluffs.....however, I recommend daylight.

Montana....Northwestern/western Montana....absolutely beautiful, in fact you can hit multiple areas in Montana where there is NOBODY around. Wyoming same thing...Lots of areas with endless road and no posted speed limits with not a soul in site for miles (at times)

I don't have any information on events in those areas, however, if you head to Florida....make the trip around Daytona 500. I'm not a NASCAR guy, but it is fantastic.

Hope that helps.

"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a Challenger bad ass enough to pull up right beside it."
Flowmaster Cat Back Super 40 exhaust
Diablo Trinity Tuner
Speedlogix Catch Can
180 T-stat
Bunch of BT stuff
and other lovely additions coming soon
Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Queen View Post
Roost - first off, I assume you are in the Military? I don't know many people here and haven't seen whether you are or not.

Second, If you plan to travel as far south as NC, SC, GA, TN, let me know when you might be in the area. We belong to a small car club that LOVES to ride through the mountains of these four states with site-seeing stops along the way. If you get into that sort of thing, we would LOVE to have you join us if the timing works out.
Tony, I used to be in the Marine Corps, but am working in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. I will definitely add you to the list of places to see, thanks for the suggestion!!!

Originally Posted by Zute View Post
Going to Nebraska- I would drive East along Route 2 from Alliance to Lincoln. Wide open two lane road right through the sand hills. Railroad tracks on one side and ranches and farms on the other. I would also grab a pic of your car at Alliance's "Carhenge". It's a replica of Stonehenge but made out of Cars. ONe of those cool, weird places to stop in the middle of the country. Anyhow, that road will take you almost the entire berth of NE.

South Dakota; there are two routes to get to Mt. Rushmore....take the scenic one ask the locals, they will tell you (I can't remember the road) Fantastic ride through the bluffs.....however, I recommend daylight.

Montana....Northwestern/western Montana....absolutely beautiful, in fact you can hit multiple areas in Montana where there is NOBODY around. Wyoming same thing...Lots of areas with endless road and no posted speed limits with not a soul in site for miles (at times)

I don't have any information on events in those areas, however, if you head to Florida....make the trip around Daytona 500. I'm not a NASCAR guy, but it is fantastic.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Zuke, your info is added to the list!!

To al, remember, its not important to have specific dates, just throw it out there, ill worry about the timing!!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 AM

Too bad it's not in March, you could come to TX2K13. That's definitely an event worth seeing. Other then that though, no. Good luck on your ventures. Post pictures!

I love American muscle cars like a thrice-divorced 45-year old tax attorney loves barely legal coeds. That is to say; passionately, inappropriately and almost certainly inadequately while muttering whispered apologies to the beautiful thing I am probably ruining forever.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by RoostKing View Post
Tony, I used to be in the Marine Corps, but am working in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. I will definitely add you to the list of places to see, thanks for the suggestion!!!

To al, remember, its not important to have specific dates, just throw it out there, ill worry about the timing!!
Roost - first, THANK YOU for your service to this GREAT Country! Second, be safe over there and make it home OK!!

Please remember to let me know when your in the area. We usually have our rides planned several months and up to a year in advance but, we MAY be able to put an impromtu ride together for you! At the very least, we can meet up with you for some site seeing, dinner, etc.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Banned

Thank Tony, bumping this back up, I might be doing this in March, we shall see
Old 01-23-2013, 03:36 PM

If you are then please pm me. The event starts on the 15th and goes through the 18th. Let me know. I will only be attending the night event on the 16th but if you're in Houston then you're more than welcome to tag along. PM me if you're interested and we can make it happen.

Last edited by Hell Ride; 01-23-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 AM

Photos: (10)
Don't know what the 2K13 thingee is but the Texas Mile down in Goliad is in October, and Lone Star Mopar Fest 3 down in Sealy ( just west of Houston) also and it's a blast!
First 09 sold in DFW, 08/30/08 BB-SE/G TRADED for Sickr PCP, 10 PCP R/T 6-Spd 7/5/10, Dream Since Teens! Mods; Mopar strutbrace, CAI, Borla ATAK, Custom Raptor SL, Moroso CC, SSE, Hurst w/70's mod, BR sequentials, Amber/Red sw/LEDs, Hotchkis Swys, r-Police/Spohn,R1 Slots/CentricPads-all, SXHood, DCS pins, Sickr rear/delete w/6x9s&12"sub, Boss 338s f 235/50/18, r 275/40/20ZR Motivos.
"TexasOutlawChallengers-ChallengerJam"
Studies show; PCP is highly ADDICTIVE in 6-speed form!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 AM

TX2k is an event that was formerly known as Supra Nationals. Here are a few videos from previous years. We will be moving the venue this year to John Hennessey's track with $20 admission to keep riff raff out. It happened that cops were policing the event and some moron in a Mustang did a massive burnout and got it shut down so now it's all paid entry. Good thing too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.