Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Hellcat Commercials from Dodge agency

4K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  Baron Samedi 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I'm just not feeling it at all. It's not something that will make me run out to a Dodge dealer to check one out. If that's the best the new ad agency can do, they won't last to long!

#11 ·
I don't mind that commercial, I hope for something better tho. The dodge brothers I did enjoy.

I'll also state a commercial will not dictate which vehicle I'll buy. I buy what I like.

#13 ·
I liked it quite a bit. I am a weapons troop from the USAF and might have a warped sense of humor though. I am a retired weapons troop. Sorry, but that humor is illegal in today's USAF. I get some of those feelings when I am driving my Hellcat or when thinking about driving my Hellcat. I am still a kid inside.

#14 ·
Here is one of two commercials that I wrote. I have been trying to get these to dodge but so far have been unsuccessful.

"Cruisin " (with my gal)
An automotive TV commercial
copyright 2016
by
Joseph Apicella

EXT: RESIDENTIAL GARAGE DOOR: NIGHT
Music is playing: ideally (if available) "Cruisin" by Smokey Robinson or by a cover band…(director’s discretion).

ON GARAGE DOOR, slowly opening revealing a new challenger (or any brand car dependent upon sale of commercial) with halo head lamps piercing through the darkness of garage.

ON MAN exiting home/garage door as he slowly walks to driver door...
CAMERA PUSHES in on his finger gently caressing the paint of the rear quarter panel as he reaches for the door handle.

ON CHALLENGER, man now inside, slowly exiting the garage onto the driveway, then pavement.

INT: BEDROOM: VANITY: NIGHT

ON WOMAN as she puts on the last bit of her makeup, smiling in the mirror, ready for a night of "crusin" with her man, or so she thinks.

EXT: NIGHT: Woman's house. Challenger pulls in Driveway, she is standing on the porch.

CAMERA PUSHES IN on her smiling face.

ON MAN, sitting behind the steering wheel with a reciprocating smile. JUST THEN, the music ends in the manner of a needle scratching across a vinyl record as the challenger loses all power. This car is obviously jealous!

ON WOMAN trying to enter the passenger door but the car won't let her in.

CAMERA PUSHES IN on her face. She is no longer smiling, but now frustrated.

ON MAN, trying to open the car door, but the challenger will not let him.

MAN
(talking to car)
"Okay baby, I'm sorry"

At that moment of apology the engine roars back to life, the music resumes.

ON MAN shrugging his shoulders as he looks at woman while backing the challenger out of her driveway.

ON WOMAN backing away from the car, looking at the man in utter disbelief.

ON CAR throttling up on the gravel driveway, throwing dust and dirt onto woman's beautiful dress.

ON WOMAN's angry face as she screams.

ON CHALLENGER'S tail lights as it speeds off onto the moon lit county road. The rumbling exhaust note overwhelms the music.

MUSIC volume fades, car exhaust fades as the voice over begins.

NARRATOR
" The all new 6.4 Liter Dodge Challenger, INFIDELITY is not an option"!

The end

#27 ·
Here is one of two commercials that I wrote. I have been trying to get these to dodge but so far have been unsuccessful.

"Cruisin " (with my gal)
An automotive TV commercial
copyright 2016
by
Joseph Apicella

MAN
(talking to car)
"Okay baby, I'm sorry"

At that moment of apology the engine roars back to life, the music resumes.

ON MAN shrugging his shoulders as he looks at woman while backing the challenger out of her driveway.

ON WOMAN backing away from the car, looking at the man in utter disbelief.

ON CAR throttling up on the gravel driveway, throwing dust and dirt onto woman's beautiful dress.

ON WOMAN's angry face as she screams.

ON CHALLENGER'S tail lights as it speeds off onto the moon lit county road. The rumbling exhaust note overwhelms the music.

MUSIC volume fades, car exhaust fades as the voice over begins.

NARRATOR
" The all new 6.4 Liter Dodge Challenger, INFIDELITY is not an option"!

The end

Just like the '58 Fury in the movie Christine! I like it! Maybe when the woman tries the door a heavy metal version of Keep A-Knockin (but you can't come in) starts playing. Or the Little Richard version. I'm OK with that. >:)

#16 ·
hey guys, marketing major here.

the agency you guys are thinking of is Wieden+Kennedy. this is some of the other work they've done for dodge: Dodge | Wieden+Kennedy

FCA has said it will be using many different agencies for its Dodge brand. the "Warning" ad is by Argonaut of San Francisco, which i thought was hilarious. the Hellcat video is by Mind Over Eye, a creative content studio based in El Segundo, Calif which i thought was mediocre and too CGI heavy.

#17 ·
My favorite ads were:

Dodge brothers
"Predators"
100 years.

Were these all done by the same agency? I couldn't think of any better ads from the entire automotive world to be honest!

#19 ·
It's stupid, I expected to see a law firm advertised at the end of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.