I should have bought a Lotto ticket last night.. Because I got LUCKY! - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Toxic11 Send a message via AIM to Toxic11
I should have bought a Lotto ticket last night.. Because I got LUCKY!

Got pulled over last night and got a warning. I gotta say, message received... Slowing down!

2011 Toxic Orange

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com

Last edited by Toxic11; 11-12-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 07:57 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice on not getting a ticket. They tend to dip into my modding budget

How many over were you doing?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post
Nice on not getting a ticket. They tend to dip into my modding budget

How many over were you doing?
Way more than I am willing to post about
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 AM

I learned after I bought a high-visibility (PCP) Challenger that, speeding or not, unmarkeds come out of the woods to clock me just because I look like I should be speeding. This has been the case in many states--but mostly in the open spaces. In cities, there's no hassle if you don't exeed the speed of the rest of the traffic.

Just my observations over 30,000 miles of vacation driving.

The result is that my driving speeds are generally lower when I drive the Challenger rather than one of our transportation appliances, which are apparently invisible.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:38 PM

Otto,

No doubt driving high impact can certainly get their attention. Of course my Zoomers don't help matters
Old 11-13-2012, 07:56 PM

You were lucky beyond measure! Apparently you or your Challenger or perhaps both, were able to break through the facade of strict, emotionless objectivity that officers are trained to present after stopping a violator. One is taught that it is always best to have made the decision to verbally warn, issue a written warning, or a summons (citation), prior to exiting the patrol car.
That being said, IN ALL LIKELIHOOD the officer changed his mind after contacting you behind the wheel. You did good son. Real good.

DRLs : Active
MOPAR Wheel Locks Protecting 20" Chrome Clads, 245/45R20 Nitrogen Filled Wide Oval Firestones, Glass Tipped "Save the Earth" Chrome Caps
Functional Hood Scoops
Maxi-View Blind Spot Mirrors
Synthetic 5W-20 Pennzoil
MGP Custom, Header Orange, Silver Inlaid "Challenger" Scripted Caliper Covers
MOPAR C.A.I. breathing only cool, coastal breezes
BORLA Catback "Stingers"
Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by WYFSKAAR View Post
You were lucky beyond measure! Apparently you or your Challenger or perhaps both, were able to break through the facade of strict, emotionless objectivity that officers are trained to present after stopping a violator. One is taught that it is always best to have made the decision to verbally warn, issue a written warning, or a summons (citation), prior to exiting the patrol car.
That being said, IN ALL LIKELIHOOD the officer changed his mind after contacting you behind the wheel. You did good son. Real good.

I'm not exactly sure what transpired that decided for him to let me go with a "Verbal" warning only. I have a clean record and have ALWAYS had a clean record, in fact, this was the first time I've ever been pulled over. I'm sure he ran my plate as he was coming to get me. But the other thing is, we were on a relatively high speed toll road, no traffic except for the harley behind me that was also going way too fast and when he hit the lights both I and the Harley pulled over, but he left me go with a warning.

My guess is that he weighed the two evils and went after the Harley guy because he was driving 30+ over the limit with his wife on the back and NO helmets.. When he told me to "GO" he backed up and the biker started to get an ear full.

We were both in the wrong and that's why I quickly pulled over! I've always been of the mind set that when I get my first ticket I am going to FULLY deserve it!

I know one thing.. I will be slowing my arse down, because if he wanted to, he could have cut up my license!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Toxic11 View Post
I'm not exactly sure what transpired that decided for him to let me go with a "Verbal" warning only. I have a clean record and have ALWAYS had a clean record, in fact, this was the first time I've ever been pulled over. I'm sure he ran my plate as he was coming to get me. But the other thing is, we were on a relatively high speed toll road, no traffic except for the harley behind me that was also going way too fast and when he hit the lights both I and the Harley pulled over, but he left me go with a warning.

My guess is that he weighed the two evils and went after the Harley guy because he was driving 30+ over the limit with his wife on the back and NO helmets.. When he told me to "GO" he backed up and the biker started to get an ear full.

We were both in the wrong and that's why I quickly pulled over! I've always been of the mind set that when I get my first ticket I am going to FULLY deserve it!

I know one thing.. I will be slowing my arse down, because if he wanted to, he could have cut up my license!
Glad you escaped without a ticket.

I am 31 and only have one traffic violation...a speeding ticket from when I was 16.

Last time I was pulled over was over 2 years ago in my Torred SE going a tick under 70 mph in a 50 mph road. I too was let off with a verbal warning. A clean driving record combined with some common sense/courtesy goes a long way
Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 PM

I feel that you were fortunate enough to draw an officer who was willing to pull the curtain back a bit, so to speak.
Ideally, the aim is behavior modification. Not every officer is either skilled nor interested in assessing the degree to which a violator may have, in fact, "learned his lesson." Some folks are hardheaded and present a poor attitude (Violator "A"). Others appear genuinely regretful and accept a targeted scolding (Violator "B"). Many are somewhere between "A" and "B."
It's my guess that you were Violator "B." I am glad for you.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 PM

one week after buying my 2012 r/t, i was pulled over by our local pd. they were just starting to set up a speed trap in a spot that is full of speeders. he gave my car a long look over, leaned in the window and told me he stopped me for doing 37 in a 30. after a couple of yes sirs, no sirs, he let me go and said 'try to keep it under a hundred and fifty.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.