If you had $250,000 CASH - Page 7 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can tell you what I did with it - paid off house, credit card debt. Challenger, bought 4 acres around the house, built attached 30x30 garage; have my retirement fund an IRA and an annuity. As long as I dont' croak, should retire by the time i'm 57 - hope to have enough at 55, but I like the #22.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM

well, roost king - seriously - eliminate 100% of your debt preferably, you can pay off your house for less than $100,000 - and it is amazing how nice it is to live rent free - like being a teenager again. I can now live comfortably for me off of about 1200 a month - including taxes, and I have a ton of dogs/cats. I'm slowly investigating investing in the Stock Market - you want to buy/invest in companies you buy stuff from - colgate palmolive, wendy's, pepsi, etc. I'm investigating Southern Company - a utilty. typically, utilities and banks have paid good dividends. also, open a tradition IRA - that saves you about 1000 per year in federal income tax if you max out the annual contribution - sadly, at this point it does NOT pay much in interest - if you are lucky, as another said, about 1-2%; mine was opened in 2007 - pays 3% minimum, with a little flex. If you like problems, buy some rental property. But, AVOID DEBT. Even credit cards will cost you invisible money. Get YOUR cost to exist as low as possible, then bank as much of your annual income as possible. If you don't own any, I'd buy a few 357 guns - hand guns and rifle combos. Life in the future could get sticky here in the USA, as most folks are clueless about the value of the US $$ and how it impacts their life. If you can, keep as much cash and wait for gold to drop - historically, it is usually worth about $300-$350 - if it does again drop to this level, buy about $50,000 to $100,000 worth. When these times come around again, sell off for some nice profit. Have a great day!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bosox Plum Crazy For This Useful Post:
RoostKing (05-22-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RoostKing View Post
Actually it is a serious question. When i finish up here, Ill be sitting pretty and wanted some ideas. That kind of money doesnt come around often for most people, got to make the most of it. You know the saying, it takes money to make money!
In that case pay off debt and invest
The Following User Says Thank You to RippTyde For This Useful Post:
RoostKing (05-22-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I'd go hang out down there for the cold months so I could drive 12 months a year brrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bosox Plum Crazy View Post
well, roost king - seriously - eliminate 100% of your debt preferably, you can pay off your house for less than $100,000 - and it is amazing how nice it is to live rent free - like being a teenager again. I can now live comfortably for me off of about 1200 a month - including taxes, and I have a ton of dogs/cats. I'm slowly investigating investing in the Stock Market - you want to buy/invest in companies you buy stuff from - colgate palmolive, wendy's, pepsi, etc. I'm investigating Southern Company - a utilty. typically, utilities and banks have paid good dividends. also, open a tradition IRA - that saves you about 1000 per year in federal income tax if you max out the annual contribution - sadly, at this point it does NOT pay much in interest - if you are lucky, as another said, about 1-2%; mine was opened in 2007 - pays 3% minimum, with a little flex. If you like problems, buy some rental property. But, AVOID DEBT. Even credit cards will cost you invisible money. Get YOUR cost to exist as low as possible, then bank as much of your annual income as possible. If you don't own any, I'd buy a few 357 guns - hand guns and rifle combos. Life in the future could get sticky here in the USA, as most folks are clueless about the value of the US $$ and how it impacts their life. If you can, keep as much cash and wait for gold to drop - historically, it is usually worth about $300-$350 - if it does again drop to this level, buy about $50,000 to $100,000 worth. When these times come around again, sell off for some nice profit. Have a great day!
Well truth be told, my plan is to pay cash for a house when I get back, preferrably for under $200,000. I dont have any other debt except for the Challenger so I should be doing pretty good. I just wanted some input on what others would do, mainly investment wise. I should be done out here in Oct. then Ill see about getting to work after the new year(going to take that month long cross country cruise and visit old and new family and friends)

I look at this as a one time shot and wont be contracting in this God forsaken country again, so I have to make the most of it lol..
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM

I would rather use the $250k to incure more debt by purchasing rental properties. Consistent monthly income is the goal in that game anyway.

I love American muscle cars like a thrice-divorced 45-year old tax attorney loves barely legal coeds. That is to say; passionately, inappropriately and almost certainly inadequately while muttering whispered apologies to the beautiful thing I am probably ruining forever.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Premium Member

Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Originally Posted by Bosox Plum Crazy View Post
, buy some rental property. But, AVOID DEBT. If you don't own any, I'd buy a few 357 guns - hand guns and rifle combos. Life in the future could get sticky here in the USA, as most folks are clueless about the value of the US $$ and how it impacts their life. If you can, keep as much cash and wait for gold to drop - historically, it is usually worth about $300-$350 - if it does again drop to this level, buy about $50,000 to $100,000 worth. When these times come around again, sell off for some nice profit. Have a great day!
Lots of good advice here EXCEPT for the gold thing.........ya'll better read up on Gold and silver.....

My Blog

My Blog

My Blog

Originally Posted by Hell Ride View Post
I would rather use the $250k to incure more debt by purchasing rental properties. Consistent monthly income is the goal in that game anyway.
This really depends on location AND if you can handle being a landlord. Not everyone is cutout to be in the rental game. If you can handle most home repairs or if you have that guy or crew of guys who can do everything from landscaping to plumbing then rental properties can really make you some $$. I've seen some really good situations and some really terrible situations. Spend some serious time and effort screening tenants and it could really work out well. I've also seen tentants do hundreds of thousands of $$ in damage and not pay rent and cost tons of time and money trying to evict them.

Just dealing with those kinda headaches ONCE can turn the whole rental properties thing on it head forever.

2009 HO R/T- sold............
2011 GWE SRT8.........

Mods:1st GWE/white rally stripes, Sequential tail lights, BT catch can &
engine bling, Sill guards, Custom painted half covers, Torque Thrust Wheels
Drag radials, Cutouts, 180 T-stat, Hurst line locks & shifter, Hood pins, Fastman TB
SLX Strut tower brace, Billet strut covers, Custom embroidery, Drake fuel door
12.291 @112 mph

01/20/13....are you people idiots?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 PM

Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,051 Posts
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Gold, real estate, stocks, kids college funds... Sure, but $250K that's a lot of fat chicks...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Premium Member

Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Originally Posted by USRWDV8 View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Gold, real estate, stocks, kids college funds... Sure, but $250K that's a lot of fat chicks...
Ha ha ha.......I know yer joking but......chicks!!!!!! Fat chicks or any kinda chicks........I really cant think of anything worse to throw money away on then ................. W I M I N.................

Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM

Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,051 Posts
Ok, you got me: it was just a reference to somebody's idiotic post about me elsewhere. This said, I saw a pic of your hot wife so it's easy for you to say... As a single guy I find women to be a very legit way of blowing money! It would take me a few weeks to through that much though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.