Incomplete Profiles - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanked 4,105 Times in 2,701 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the responses guys. It make me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one who's annoyed.
The way I see it is in the last several years the forum is now populated with more younger owners. Not necessarily a bad thing. Except I feel like they care less about things in general. Not being as empathetic and apathetic. There's an old joke: What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? Answer: I don't know and I don't care.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

HEMIFEVER TUNED, BARTON+MOPAR SHIFTER, MAGNAFLOW COMP SERIES 16885, MOPAR CAI, RIDETECH TQ LEVEL 3 COILOVERS, MOPAR FRONT & REAR STRUT BRACES, PETTY'S FRONT & REAR SWAY BARS, PETTY'S SUB FRAME CONNECTORS, REM FRONT & REAR SWAY BAR LINKS, REM FCA, REM BUMP STEER KIT, REM RCA, REM REAR TRAILING ARMS, REM FRONT & REAR BUMPER SUPPORTS, APR SPLITTER & WING, CARBOTECH XP12 RACING BRAKES, STOPTECH SS BRAKE LINES, 275/40/20 NITTO NT05 TIRESx4, MRR FS01+275/35/18 NITTO NT01 TRACK WHEELS
The Following User Says Thank You to wasp392 For This Useful Post:
SpeedShift (03-08-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeninTN View Post
Well for me its personal safety. I dont want people knowing who I am.

I have a 2011 SRT green with envy. There are two registered in my county. Just by knowing if I live in East or West and you know where I am and where the car is.

I have a lengthy response about how the world is not safe and there people out there who's whole life is to make someone else miserable. But ill skip it.

My car is for sale but if I show it its not at my house. I rented a storage unit and drive it over there or the day before depending on the weather.
Paranoia on steroids! Isn't your car insured for theft???

2016 Challenger Jazz Blue SRT 392 6M (1 of 25 2016 build configurations sold in the US)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo White 5.7 HEMI 4x4 Trail Rated 2 speed transfer case
2010 Chrysler 300 Signature Series Black 3.5L V6 (wife's car)
Some previous rides:
1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340CI 4M Red with Black vinyl top white stripe around trunk and rear fenders
1966 Dodge Coronet 500 383CI police interceptor 3A White with black vinyl top
The Following User Says Thank You to billzsrt392 For This Useful Post:
steve37887 (03-08-2017)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 12:12 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
wasp392 I can tell you these posts mirror almost exactly discussions we have had at Seven Forums. No specs, no thanks, or any acknowledgement if the problem was solved. Even though we have a Reputation system there, everyone who helps a lot does it because they enjoy it. A thanks is always nice, but if not the original poster, many, many who search later benefit from the information

A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A Guy For This Useful Post:
PaVaSteeler (03-08-2017), SpeedShift (03-08-2017), wasp392 (03-08-2017)
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanked 4,105 Times in 2,701 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
We've discussed making updating the profile mandatory on the Windows forums I am a Team member of, but we don't want to turn anyone off. Imagine someone with a PC asking for help. At least here you can assume it's a Challenger, lol. With a PC, you never know. We even wrote a tool that would grab your system specs, and fill them in automatically, but people still had to download and use it. It's just a fact of life that most will not update their specs, or will just put "Challenger".

A Guy

You know I thought about making a suggestion to the moderators here's about making it mandatory but then I realized that there are some that don't own a challenger, are in process of gathering information to buy one, or simply trolling

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 02:21 PM

I am certain there are plenty of reasons not to update profile information ranging from computer savvy to "none of your business'... As for me, I have never owned a Challenger and did not feel giving information on my old Chrysler Newport, Ford Mustang or Dodge Charger in a Challenger format was appropriate.

In the near future, after my soon to happen Challenger purchase, I will gladly share my pictures and Challenger specs...

As a side note; most of the people on this site give great information and has helped me tremendously with getting the data that I need to make an informed decision on a purchase of this particular model. Thanks....
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,542 Posts
This is like when I go to a car show or cruise night and guys cover their license plates. They drive, arrive and depart with them visible so what does hiding them while parked do for them?
At a minimum if you post a general area of where you are in your state it still helps but doesn't pinpoint your location. Adding some specifics like trim level helps narrow down possible help from guys for your questions asked.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is
impossible- but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellow Jacket 2012 For This Useful Post:
wasp392 (03-11-2017)
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:49 AM

Garage
I have to say, Yes I am paranoid. I even made a Facebook account with the name Voler Vive to add some anonymity to me. I have no other face book or such accounts and started the voler account Dec of 2016 just so I could get on this Forum. In my former line of work you come to realize that its not paranoia if people are actually out to get you. I know many of you chuckle at this but if you knew what our government can do and what I will assume other governments and Hackers are capable of you might be a little more carful. Just through some of the things I've posted here a fair annalist could figure out who and where I am and what I did for a living. My Avatar is a dead give away. I'm slowly getting over it, I can tell because I actually opened a face book account and post on this site. But I'm 10 plus years retired and I'm sure way lower on who ever's list LOL. But when I post and ask for Info I do try to be thorough in my description of what I need.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
Thomas Jefferson

2015 Scat pack, Redline Red, Leather Interior Group, Driver Convenience Group, Technology Group, Nav, Sun Roof

MODs: MOPAR CAI/ Speedlogix Catch can/ Rear seat delete/ Infinity Reference Speakers in dash, door and package tray/ stock 6 piston brembos w/RB Performance Brakes 2 pc rotor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Voler Vive For This Useful Post:
wasp392 (03-11-2017)
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
My PC is like a vault security wise, way overkill, but a combo that doesn't slow my system. Any good, dedicated hacker could get in eventually. But, I have nothing stored on this PC, any keylogger would not only get random characters, but be detected by one layer after the other. If someone broke in and disabled all that, I'd know as soon as I booted. I figure it's like that saying..."You don't have to swim faster than the shark. Just faster than the guy next to you."

I am not reckless, but once I got a microsoft award, and anyone who knew what site to go to could find my real name, I relaxed. I suspect the fact I generally don't piss people off also helps

A Guy
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:46 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:03 PM

Garage
Excellent read

A Guy That was an Excellent read. We should have something similar sticky posted on New Member instruction, in the rules. not as a rule so much but as a be carful not to fall in to this category.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode