"Journalist" posts names and addresses of armed, law abiding citizens - Page 7 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 AM

Photos: (0)
Thanked 1,642 Times in 1,053 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by mattyj724 View Post
As for the OP good research and good find, maybe I'll sign him up for a ton of junk mail and midnight calls.
If this is what open-mindedness leads to where you're from, you can keep it. There no monopoly on truth or the high ground, you're right about that, but hypocrisy and vengefulness also know no political borders. But what's a conservitive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bosox Plum Crazy View Post
liberalism is animated by what I call asinine idealism - a version of hypocrisy. these bias pushers, liberally called journalists, don't seem to live up to their own ideals - if they believe the police can control society and should be the only entity which has guns and responds to criminal activity, then why do THEY have armed guards? pathetic, really.
allow me to borrow that in the future please...

2009 TorRed S/E

9-11-01 nose badge | 3.5L hood badges | CAI | Hood pins | MOPAR hood struts/pedal kit/fuel door | blacked out side mirrors | Under dash ambient light | Jones Full Boar exhaust | Cuda' style MOPAR hockey stick striping | Script grill badge

"All you can take with you is that which you have given away"
Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM

Funny thing to me is, all my neighbors know I own one. I wear it outside uncovered!! On my property though.

I find some of your comments entirely ignorant. As in, uneducated, for those that do not know what the word really means. I love my guns and my rights, but find myself leaning more liberal these days. I think Fox News is completely misinformed and should stop reporting their opinions and start reporting facts. Of course all news should be made to report only facts.
What I am getting at is just because someone voted one way or another, doesn’t mean they feel the same on all issues. This ******* who exposed all the gun permits should be slapped around some to say the least. Things like this "http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/01/02/liberal-ex-columnist-death-threats
-published-in-des-moines-register/" should be dealt with another way, a more violent way.

As for the OP good research and good find, maybe I'll sign him up for a ton of junk mail and midnight calls.

I realized i posted a foxnews website after saying i do not like them. this is because i read from mulitple sources of news not just 1, or 5 for that matter. being liberal is not bad, just like being conservitive is not bad either. However just being close minded to both or one another is completely stupid
you're confusing editorial programs with news programs.
Foxnews has editorial programs from 7-10 CST (O'Reilly, Hannity, Gretta)(I only watch one)
Foxnews has solid news reporting the remainder of the time while MSNBC is 24/7 editorial of left leaning liberal ideals.
Foxnews in NOT, repeat NOT un-biased...they are simply the least biased...FACT

Last edited by IDMTfirefighter; 01-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IDMTfirefighter For This Useful Post:
1badx (01-04-2013), Cheap750iL (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool liberal and worked in newspapers for 20 years. I'm totally down with more gun control. Now, before you blast me, let me just say that I don't think what this journalist or his rag did was right. Good, law abiding gun owners shouldn't be treated like sex offenders.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by IDMTfirefighter View Post
Foxnews in NOT, repeat NOT un-biased...they are simply the least biased...FACT
i understand, but the fact is they are on a channel called "foxnews" news being the kicker there.

my point was not to trash fox, but to say that bc someone votes for one person does not mean they agree with everything of the one party. I truely believe Partisanship is ruining the government in this country. i look at my self in the middle of the spetrum, i lump those that only watch liberal "news" with those that watch fox all day long. in the group of misinformed. This idiot who published the info on gun owners is beond wrong. we can agree on that. i just think it shouldn't be a political argument on here

2012 Classic 6Spd, Blue Streak Pearl, 430N, Sound Group II, STP

Best quotes
If the ethanol is the light end of the fuel, maybe we could have a metal pot sitting over an open fire, and pour gas in the pot and let the fire heat it up until the ethanol cooks off

Last edited by mattyj724; 01-03-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM

i understand, but the fact is they are on a channel called "foxnews" news being the kicker there.

my point was not to trash fox, but to say that bc someone votes for one person does not mean they agree with everything of the one party. I truely believe Partisanship is ruining the government in this country. i look at my self in the middle of the spetrum, i lump those that only watch liberal "news" with those that watch fox all day long. in the group of misinformed. This idiot who published the info on gun owners is beond wrong. we can agree on that. i just think it shouldn't be a political argument on here
I agree with every point you made here
The Following User Says Thank You to IDMTfirefighter For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the issue with all news network, including fox, is that somewhere along the way the truth has become unimportant.......and someone or some group's agenda has become the importance

this scares me to death, i hope, no pray, that im not the only one thats thinks something is very wrong......

Luke
WWW.STEVEWHITEPARTS.COM
FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!
facebook.com/stevewhiteparts1
828-324-4410
800-779-3634
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stevewhiteparts For This Useful Post:
Cheap750iL (01-03-2013), dizzyD (01-04-2013), USRWDV8 (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by stevewhiteparts View Post
the issue with all news network, including fox, is that somewhere along the way the truth has become unimportant.......and someone or some group's agenda has become the importance

this scares me to death, i hope, no pray, that im not the only one thats thinks something is very wrong......

Luke
you are not alone
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM

Thanked 1,642 Times in 1,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I'm a dyed-in-the-wool liberal and worked in newspapers for 20 years. I'm totally down with more gun control. Now, before you blast me, let me just say that I don't think what this journalist or his rag did was right. Good, law abiding gun owners shouldn't be treated like sex offenders.
Phew! Totally saved your post in the second half there! I don't mind people disagreeing - most of the time I'll be the first one to say that there's two sides to every coin. The perversion of news reporting (obvious bias and agendas, left or right) and the activist aspect of what this guy did is what's wrong.
I also think that we're way too polarized, and this includes myself, I'll be honest. Because too many issues are not just a matter of opinion, but also affect people's lives at the most fundamental level, like their right to self-defense or to chose to be insured or not. Too many people have a take on how things should be and want to impose it on others when individual freedom is such a huge part of what this country is about.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 PM

10 years ago when ARs were legalized I said that's not necessary. No civilian needs that. Today, I think every citizen should have a gun safe full of them. Why? Because working people are not being represented by their elected officials. No one gives up power, money or influence willingly. But those with power take from the working class to safeguard their power and future. How will a revolution take place under the patriot act, gun control, and free flowing entitlements? We have cops in our churches, schools, and can't buy red wine at the grocery store. Your liberties are already gone. Exercising your personal responsibility via choice is being dramatically controlled already.

As for publishing info. The only reason to do it is not respecting anothers right to privacy and choice. I thought liberalism was about choice.

Where is the line that America becomes Hitlers Germany? Or where citizens become revolutionaries? How close to either do you really want to get?

This is fun, lots to think about, and CT is awesome...unless they censor this

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.