Most Popular New Car Color - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

View Poll Results: What is the Most Popular New Car Color?
Blue 5 9.43%
Black 10 18.87%
Brown/Tan 2 3.77%
White 21 39.62%
Gray/Silver 14 26.42%
Green 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree....people usually buy what's available and tell themselves "it's OK".

But I will say...when I bought my SRT a year ago off the lot, I told the salesman I wish it had red interior instead of black. The salesman told me "I don't order red interiors because they will sit for months before someone comes in and buys it.'

Another interesting things is that those of us old enough to remember the 70's/80's will recall you used to be able to order any interior with any exterior color you wanted. But by the late 80's that sorta came to a stop. Partly because of economics, but also because the automakers woke up and realized it was not doing their brand any favors by having a Dodge D150 driving around with Forest Green outside and Persimmon Red inside. It was a running joke...it was always the 'old men' who would buy the most garish color combinations. Just like in the 90's when the 'old man' color was the "Sandstone Metallic" that was sprayed on just about every Chevy truck made.

2015 SRT M6

Last edited by GregCon; 01-08-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:54 PM

My local dealer just finally sold his last 2016 Hellcat (he had 13 HC's at one time).....and it was Plum Crazy. He still sitting with a PC Charger HC...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Hellcat Go Mango,A8, Lagunas, Sunroof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Seriously, that's a lot of Plums! Right now there only three plums remaining in the state of Colorado as far as I know.

Y'all should give me the list of the dealers that still have the plums sitting in their lots. Maybe I can get a good deal?

2016 Challenger Scat Pack A8
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,300 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Minion View Post
Seriously, that's a lot of Plums! Right now there only three plums remaining in the state of Colorado as far as I know.
Did you know that Mark Worman, from Graveyard Carz, drives a new 5.7 Plum Crazy Shaker? He loves Dodge's high impact colors from the late 60s/early 70s.

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:52 PM

Honestly the Challenger looks good in any color. I think that is partly what makes it special. Very few cars could pull off something like Plum Crazy- it just wouldn't look right on 99% of cars. But on the Challenger, it looks amazing

6 speed 2013 Challenger SRT8 - Ultimate dream car!!!!!

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
Did you know that Mark Worman, from Graveyard Carz, drives a new 5.7 Plum Crazy Shaker? He loves Dodge's high impact colors from the late 60s/early 70s.
Very nice to know! I'm eyeing a '16 6.4 PCP SPC. It's very gorgeous.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb4450 View Post
I think it's a self fulfilling prophesy. The dealers buy those colors because they either don't want to go out on a limb with flashy colors or it's what they THINK the consumer wants and since most people buy off the lot that's what they buy. In my area it used to be that you rarely saw a pick up truck on a new car lot that wasn't white. Most cars too. I started to believe it was illegal to sell a vehicle other then white in Arizona. The reason though, was that white reflects heat and the dealers THOUGHT everyone wanted a car that didn't get as hot in the sun. So, who knows what people really wanted, the dealer's sold white. I got stuck with many white trucks simply because that's all they had not because I wanted white. It seems to be a regional thing. You see mostly black cars in the Northeast and mostly white in the Southwest. If dealers suddenly stocked 90% red or blue cars, guess what, red and blue would become the "most popular" colors.
My Ram is white (can be seen in my garage here). The other reason for having white here is that the dust doesn't show as much...

Somewhere in the Sonora Desert...
2014 R/T Shaker M6 w/JBA long tubes and exhaust, Weapon-X racing coils, Fastman throttle body, Fluidyne radiator, API fuel hat, HHP custom tune and ...

Member:

Join us in the Shaker social forum here:
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 04:48 PM

I think it is interesting that according to the figures the average Joe favors white over black 2 to 1, but with Challengers the numbers show the black over the white are almost 2 to 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode