Road rage - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Road rage

So I'm driving along and come up on a slow down on the hwy for a construction zone. I move to the lane the signs indicate and get in line. Of course, some driver much more important than the rest of us flies past everyone in the closed lane up to the point he couldn't go further. So then he tries to force his way in. I wouldn't give. I figured since he flew through the closed lane and was attempting to cut everyone off, i didn't feel sorry for him. So he gets more and more angry as we inch forward that I'm not getting out of his way. He brings his suv within 1/2 inch of my Challenger. My mirror was almost touching his side, and his mirror literally HUNG OVER my hood! I ignore the yelling and stand my ground. He forces in behind me and starts snapping pictures of my car- presumably the licence plate??? So once we're out of the construction zone I let him pass and fall in behind him to snap pics of his vehicle and plate just for the hell of it. This sends him into a rage.

I can't figure out what the heck he would do with pics of my car? Report me for waiting in line in the correct lane in the construction zone? Or maybe report me for not allowing him to cut everyone off from the CLOSED lane? Maybe he wanted to report that he attempted to use his vehicle as a weapon? I mean heck, I must be a menace to society for not getting out of this tool's way so that he could drive illegally and more aggressively quicker.

What could this moron possibly do with the cell phone pics?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Well, I say he just wanted to take pics of an awesome car. Either that or he wanted to make sure he remembers what second place feels like.

I wouldn't worry about it and be cautious out on the streets.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Last edited by rayzazoo; 08-29-2012 at 08:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rayzazoo For This Useful Post:
snowcat256 (12-19-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 AM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If you really want to avoid situations like this, suck up your pride. Letting him in isn't going to drastically change your life or his. Safe yourself the headache and dangers of road rage. What if he rammed into your Challenger? What if he got out of the car, and a fight ensued? People have been shot to death over this kind of thing. Whatever the outcome it would not be worth it to just let the stupid SOB in. This is not a contest, and life is never fair, but I try to put the value of myself and car ahead of some unspoken rule that states people who drive ahead in the construction lane can't be let in since they "cheated"

Sorry but I took a driving class that opened my eyes to such things. I have been in your situation before. Glad you and your car were okay.
AFE Stage II cold air intake
Barton short throw shifter
Fastman ported throttle body
Diablo CMR tune by Johan
Mopar strut tower brace
Spohn rear suspension kit (soon!)
Jet 180* t-stat
SRT8 6.1 chin spoiler
SLP skip shift eliminator
Billet Technology catch can
Beltronics Pro 300 radar detector
Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 AM

Post it on the internet with a false story of some type is about all I would think.
A pic of a license plate "proves" nothing so police won't touch it.

I hate those people as well, complete a$$ holes. They don't care about anything or anyone but being on the phone and trying to fly through traffic.

Omaha is right about road rage and people starting fights and being loonies in general... and this is why I have my concealed carry permit.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 AM

Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,047 Posts
+1 to all that OmahaRumble said. You have no idea who the person is, what they're capable of, or what their reason for driving like that is. All you know is that you're throwing gasoline on the fire.

As for the photos, I've done it (like you did) to intimidate people and make them think twice about continuing what they were doing. They usually find an exit or side street soon after. He may not even have snapped the pics and may just have tried to make you back off. This said, he could also have connections able to find out who you are and where you live from your license plate (just a thought). Or he may be the type to look for your car on the same road in the future, when he's in less of a hurry and has other plans (I bet his cell is full of car pics waiting for retaliation).

Don't argue with the crazy and don't block their way either!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

i do this to people trying to get on base by passing everyone then trying to sneak in at the last second. pisses them off, but f**k them. There are crazy people out there and thats why i never leave the house with out my gun, always less than a reach away in my car.

2012 Classic 6Spd, Blue Streak Pearl, 430N, Sound Group II, STP

Best quotes
If the ethanol is the light end of the fuel, maybe we could have a metal pot sitting over an open fire, and pour gas in the pot and let the fire heat it up until the ethanol cooks off
Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM

I agree with Omaha, it's not worth it. I try to drive cautiously and not upset other people in my car because I have never seen another all white Challenger R/T around here. If they're crazy enough to act that way, who's to say they won't recognize your car sitting in a parking lot somewhere in the future and get "even" with you for the perceived slight at that point. That's what really freaks me out about him taking pictures of your license plate, either he can find out where you live by doing it or he is going to keep an eye out for your car and verify it's you with the plate number.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2012 R/T Bright White, Manual Transmission, SLP Loudmouth I catback...more mods to come.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (5)
I'll throw in and agree also. Not worth the hassle, stress and possible bad outcome.

If someone "really" needs to cut in front of me I let them. I just like to think they are in a hurry to get to a sick loved one or have some other family emergency that is more important that me getting one car length further.

I also have a concealed carry permit since you never know when someone is going to "snap" over an inconsequential matter. Life's too short to let the a**holes in this world bring me down to their angry level.

But I try to fly under the radar and let the stress move on past me.
Hurst Pistol Grip shifter * Door Sill Plates * Rear Window Louvers * Window Tint *
93 CAI Tune * Billet engine dress up items * Oil Catch Can * Black braided hoses

License Plate = PLM C8ZY
Member - Mopars of Brevard

The Following User Says Thank You to MarkWalther For This Useful Post:
snowcat256 (12-19-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 10:39 AM

Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkWalther View Post
But I try to fly under the radar and let the stress move on past me.
A wise policy in general and especially when guns enter the equation. I also like that you put yourself in the shoes of traffic 'jerks' and are able to envision that they may have valid reasons for acting the way they do.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 AM

thats why i typically have my Glock .40 nearby

here in WI if he tries to get into your car while your inside in the threatening way you can kill him on the spot

be happy nothing more happened

next time if you really want to make him mad try blowing kisses to him

IM GOING TO DRIVE OVER YOUR CAR
AND DO A BURNOUT ON YOUR HOOD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.