Road rage - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Banned

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by laurag146 View Post
We ended up next to each other at the next light, I flipped her off, which is totally out of my character, ***** was so fat she barely fit in her car so I wasn't really worried about her trying to get out and stomp me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 09:15 AM

Thanked 1,642 Times in 1,053 Posts
There you go, laurag146. Thanks for sharing another perspective.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 PM

funny how 40 years of liberalism has trained people to simply accept boorish behavior. In NJ, they call it scum bagging - and, it is a way of life. Those who think they are better than you are exploiting you. I'm glad the OP did not tolerate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bosox Plum Crazy For This Useful Post:
gooney0 (12-22-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned

When I come up on a lane closure, I actually move over towards the closure, effectively keeping the dim witted ******bag behind me(This applies whether someone is coming up already or not just general practice)...
Old 08-30-2012, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bosox Plum Crazy View Post
funny how 40 years of liberalism has trained people to simply accept boorish behavior. In NJ, they call it scum bagging - and, it is a way of life. Those who think they are better than you are exploiting you. I'm glad the OP did not tolerate it.
That's an unfair generalization. I'll admit that living in litigation-crazy Cali changes your outlook (in Rome do as the Romans do), but I happen to be one of those conservative gun nuts that they haven't gotten rid of yet. Avoiding/defusing conflicts is just good advice in modern society. I get road rage and know I gotta keep it under control because they shoot, you shoot back, and then everybody loses, especially when the cops show up. A little courtesy and restraint may seem like pussified behavior to some, but it's just common sense and self-preservation. Rule #1: survive the commute.

Here in LA we have a lot of racial tension and gangs and we never know who's in the other car. If aggressive behavior rubs you the wrong way (good luck with that because it's an everyday occurrence!) you can always report road rage or drunken driving: cops are everywhere and hungry for tickets these days. I don't report people - I get out of the way so I don't end up on the local news. If they corner me, it's going to be another story, but I won't escalate/instigate/posture.

Disclosure: as a security professional I have weapons in the car at all times - this will make you think twice as you're held to a higher standard. Liberals want to disarm everyone so that they can be mouthy and brash without fear of consequences - it's in their nature. I say: "an armed society is a polite society". Sure, it does takes a toll to appear to be backing down at times, but only the weak are constantly looking for fights. A wise man picks his battles instead, and couldn't care less about what other people think. However it's turned, the OP's actions were ego-driven. I'm not condemning him (only human, and I give in myself on occasion), but since we're discussing the matter, I think we should look at all the angles.

Finally, "be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".
Old 08-30-2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by USRWDV8 View Post
That's an unfair generalization. I'll admit that living in litigation-crazy Cali changes your outlook (in Rome do as the Romans do), but I happen to be one of those conservative gun nuts that they haven't gotten rid of yet. Avoiding/defusing conflicts is just good advice in modern society. I get road rage and know I gotta keep it under control because they shoot, you shoot back, and then everybody loses, especially when the cops show up. A little courtesy and restraint may seem like pussified behavior to some, but it's just common sense and self-preservation. Rule #1: survive the commute.

Here in LA we have a lot of racial tension and gangs and we never know who's in the other car. If aggressive behavior rubs you the wrong way (good luck with that because it's an everyday occurrence!) you can always report road rage or drunken driving: cops are everywhere and hungry for tickets these days. I don't report people - I get out of the way so I don't end up on the local news. If they corner me, it's going to be another story, but I won't escalate/instigate/posture.

Disclosure: as a security professional I have weapons in the car at all times - this will make you think twice as you're held to a higher standard. Liberals want to disarm everyone so that they can be mouthy and brash without fear of consequences - it's in their nature. I say: "an armed society is a polite society". Sure, it does takes a toll to appear to be backing down at times, but only the weak are constantly looking for fights. A wise man picks his battles instead, and couldn't care less about what other people think. However it's turned, the OP's actions were ego-driven. I'm not condemning him (only human, and I give in myself on occasion), but since we're discussing the matter, I think we should look at all the angles.

Finally, "be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".
I think you maybe my brother from another mother, lol. Seriously, those two quotes about "an armed society is a polite society" and "be kind to everyone you meet for they may be fighting a harder battle" were running through my head.
I don't condemn the OP either, I've been guilty of doing the same thing myself many times in my life, the guy was being a complete jerk by threatening to hit the guy's Challenger with this car to force his way in.
No, I am no p@ssy, I maybe a woman but when it comes right down to it if it's necessary for me to defend my life, property or family I'm the last person on earth you want to cross. I am a red blooded conservative to the core.
When I was taught how to safely handle and use firearms I was also taught the respect that goes along with the privilege, I used to carry concealed myself. There will always be a firearm in my household.
Lord I know I am still not fully cooked however with age comes wisdom, learning to pick your battles, letting stuff roll off your back and being the bigger person.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2012 R/T Bright White, Manual Transmission, SLP Loudmouth I catback...more mods to come.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:37 PM

Well said, laurag146.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:37 PM

Trekkie Rage

Originally Posted by WhiteRT12 View Post
So I'm driving along and come up on a slow down on the hwy for a construction zone. I move to the lane the signs indicate and get in line. Of course, some driver much more important than the rest of us flies past everyone in the closed lane up to the point he couldn't go further. So then he tries to force his way in. I wouldn't give. I figured since he flew through the closed lane and was attempting to cut everyone off, i didn't feel sorry for him. So he gets more and more angry as we inch forward that I'm not getting out of his way. He brings his suv within 1/2 inch of my Challenger. My mirror was almost touching his side, and his mirror literally HUNG OVER my hood! I ignore the yelling and stand my ground. He forces in behind me and starts snapping pictures of my car- presumably the licence plate??? So once we're out of the construction zone I let him pass and fall in behind him to snap pics of his vehicle and plate just for the hell of it. This sends him into a rage.

I can't figure out what the heck he would do with pics of my car? Report me for waiting in line in the correct lane in the construction zone? Or maybe report me for not allowing him to cut everyone off from the CLOSED lane? Maybe he wanted to report that he attempted to use his vehicle as a weapon? I mean heck, I must be a menace to society for not getting out of this tool's way so that he could drive illegally and more aggressively quicker.

What could this moron possibly do with the cell phone pics?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
That wasn't a camera, it was a Trekkie loser with his phaser set on "D-Bag"
2012 R/T Classic Automatic, every option but the kitchen sink (big black rectangle on roof), MOPAR hood pins, MOPAR cold air intake, Flowmaster Force II cat back, Mopar sequential turn signals, Drake fuel filler door.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jobbob View Post
That wasn't a camera, it was a Trekkie loser with his phaser set on "D-Bag"
LOL. Now that was funny

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bosox Plum Crazy View Post
Bosox, I agree with your general point here about people not accepting inappropriate behavior, but if you ever really want to be taken seriously, guess which part of your post (and I've seen you do it over and over and over again) you might want to hold back on? By the way, what's the significance of 40 years in your mind?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.