Road rage - Page 6 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 02:43 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by Bosox Plum Crazy View Post
ragtop: most folks do not understand the insidious creep of liberal thought. The 40 years is essentially the time frame since the adoption of LBJ's "The Great Society" movement; which essentially postulated that poverty was not a personal (reduction of personal accountability) responsibility, but that society was the source of the poverty - and, if enough $$ was spent/invested, poverty would vanish. Sadly, the basic premise - which flies in the fact of what? 10,000 years of human civilization? - was grossly faulty. Humans can be corrupted fairly easily - free stuff is the drug of choice for liberals - except it is NOT free - it is funds taken from somebody elses hard earned money. Yes, many things that liberals advocate for are valuable and exceptionally charitable - but, they are NOT affordable - as aptly evidenced by the current yearly federal deficit and the debt this nation has piled up. Liberals RARELY discuss balancing the budget - it is not their purpose in participating in the election process. Thus, we are at the point that all the freebee the liberals have advocated for are NOW creating poverty - due to the attraction of free stuff as opposed the shrinking benefit of working - especially at entry and minimum wage jobs. Why do you think drunk drivers are now at the point that they blame the bar for allowing them to drive off? (currently happening in GA); BTW, the actual poverty level since the inception of LBJ"s Great Society initiative has not decreased. When you factor in the hostility to religion and the support of abortion by liberals, you have a very unappealing political movement - which is bereft of virtue and citizens pursuing virtuous behavior (the recent destruction of the housing market is an excellent example - the entire nation was attempting to game the system - the chickens came home to roost - unfortunately for Obama - exactly at the time he took office). However, another portion of liberaldom - more so with the rise of effective feminism - is political correctness - this intentionally suppresses honest discussion of the myriad of NEGATIVE consequences (unintended?) of more and more folks thinking that liberalism is normal.
Great post!

2012 R/T Bright White, Manual Transmission, SLP Loudmouth I catback...more mods to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to laurag146 For This Useful Post:
HEMIZSP (12-19-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 05:10 PM

I currently drive a big truck (all 18 wheels if I'm lucky) throughout 48 states and a couple of Canadian provinces. But there was a time long, long, ago that I would cash a state paycheck as a road cop. Road rage had not yet blossomed into the MONSTER it is today. Although I would occasionally handle these calls, particularly in urban environments, road rage had not yet gained the foothold that it has today on the motoring public.
Since I now drive one of those annoying big rigs, I routinely find myself in the eye of many people's wrath. I try to operate my vehicle as a professional but unfortunately I cannot stop or turn on a dime and have difficulty getting out of my own way. I have had cars intentionally jam on the brakes while only two car lengths ahead of me. Throw garbage at my truck as they pass, holler obscenities and all too often show me that I'm number 1. How do I keep these moments of road rage from getting completely out of hand? I NEVER make eye contact and I maintain an unaffected facial expression. While I realize that my laden vehicle may weigh 80K lbs, if I'm able, I will ALWAYS give cars, pickups, but no ricers or euro-trash lol, the right-of-way. Just my reflection on an important thread.

drl's: active
MOPAR Wheel Locks, 20" Chrome Clads, 245/45R20 Nitrogen Filled Wide Oval FIRESTONE Tires
Functional Hood Scoops
MAXI-VIEW Blind Spot Mirrors
Synthetic 5W-20 PENNZOIL
MGP Header Orange, Silver Inlaid "Challenger" Scripted Caliper Covers
MOPAR CAI
BORLA Catback "Stingers"
MOPAR front strut tower brace
DIABLOSPORT Trinity T1000
Old 12-18-2012, 06:08 PM

Photos: (1)
Originally Posted by laurag146 View Post
... ***** was so fat ...
Let me guess, was she driving a minivan?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:11 PM

Thanked 1,642 Times in 1,053 Posts
Originally Posted by WYFSKAAR View Post
How do I keep these moments of road rage from getting completely out of hand? I NEVER make eye contact and I maintain an unaffected facial expression. While I realize that my laden vehicle may weigh 80K lbs, if I'm able, I will ALWAYS give cars, pickups, but no ricers or euro-trash lol, the right-of-way. Just my reflection on an important thread.
The best course of action for sure. I get road rage myself and when a driver does a crappy maneuver like cut me off, I instinctively pull alongside to see what kind of retard just did this to me. It's usually an elderly person or a young driver and they tend to stare right ahead. Makes me realize that it wasn't on purpose or personal and I immediately calm down and speed away. Now if I got a finger or angry face it could escalate and it's never good for anyone.

There's definitely an increase in road rage, in urban areas anyway. Too many onboard distractions, the 'me generation', and more and more congestion create an explosive environment.

I don't envy big rig drivers, by the way. It sure can be annoying when a pack of long trucks crowd the two slow lanes and prevent you from reaching an exit safely, but that's no reason to try and cause an accident. Just in the past couple of days I saw a car jump right in front of a truck just because the opening was there (this happens quite frequently as trucks don't tailgate), and a bunch of drivers just ignore a big rig trying to merge on an exit ramp. The guy had his blinker on for a while and couldn't find a hole so I slowed down and flashed my headlights to give him the go-ahead. Granted, nobody wants to end up behind a truck, but there's limits to selfishness.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by USRWDV8 View Post
The best course of action for sure. I get road rage myself and when a driver does a crappy maneuver like cut me off, I instinctively pull alongside to see what kind of retard just did this to me. It's usually an elderly person or a young driver and they tend to stare right ahead. Makes me realize that it wasn't on purpose or personal and I immediately calm down and speed away. Now if I got a finger or angry face it could escalate and it's never good for anyone.

There's definitely an increase in road rage, in urban areas anyway. Too many onboard distractions, the 'me generation', and more and more congestion create an explosive environment.

I don't envy big rig drivers, by the way. It sure can be annoying when a pack of long trucks crowd the two slow lanes and prevent you from reaching an exit safely, but that's no reason to try and cause an accident. Just in the past couple of days I saw a car jump right in front of a truck just because the opening was there (this happens quite frequently as trucks don't tailgate), and a bunch of drivers just ignore a big rig trying to merge on an exit ramp. The guy had his blinker on for a while and couldn't find a hole so I slowed down and flashed my headlights to give him the go-ahead. Granted, nobody wants to end up behind a truck, but there's limits to selfishness.
I will always acknowledge another driver, big truck or 4-wheeler, whenever courtesy is extended. I enjoy being helpful and I appreciate being helped. Thank you for the lights. Unfortunately, courtesy is disappearing from our culture. In large measure, truckers today are not as courtesy conscious as they once were. Not to 4-wheelers. Not to each other. But some old fashioned drivers still exist.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:43 PM

Yeah, big rig drivers and bikers tend to have a code, but in urban areas it's not always the case. It's war out there. I see people speed up to prevent others from merging or honk when you're being courteous to, or patient with, others...
Old 12-19-2012, 01:22 AM

Thanked 1,385 Times in 857 Posts
Saw a license plate frame the other day "This is CALIFORNIA
Courtesy my ASS"
That's the attitude here in La La Land

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
USRWDV8 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 AM

WARNING: NSFW! (Language, situations, and too much laughter)Typical LA driver in so many ways:
Old 12-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by OmahaRumble View Post
If you really want to avoid situations like this, suck up your pride. Letting him in isn't going to drastically change your life or his. Safe yourself the headache and dangers of road rage. What if he rammed into your Challenger? What if he got out of the car, and a fight ensued? People have been shot to death over this kind of thing. Whatever the outcome it would not be worth it to just let the stupid SOB in. This is not a contest, and life is never fair, but I try to put the value of myself and car ahead of some unspoken rule that states people who drive ahead in the construction lane can't be let in since they "cheated"

Sorry but I took a driving class that opened my eyes to such things. I have been in your situation before. Glad you and your car were okay.
Words of wisdom OmahaRumble ! One never knows how another person will react or what is fueling their madness. I don't let people walk over me, and if required I will hold my ground, but when I have a choice I just close my eyes, shrug my shoulders and go my merry way. Many good people have lost their lives (or have become seriously injured) over someone overreacting over a stupid thing. Life is already tough enough, let these small things slide. Get home in one piece and enjoy family and friends (plus your precious Challenger). Be safe out there.

2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic - Stinger Yellow
2011 Nissan X-Terra - Dark Red
2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - Grabber Blue
2004 Ford Mustang Cobra / Terminator - Torch Red
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Torch Red
2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Blue
1998 Ford Mustang Cobra - Black
1998 Ford Mustang Cobra - Yellow
1998 Ford Mustang GT - Yellow
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - Blue
The Following User Says Thank You to 12YChger-R/T-C For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (12-22-2012)
Old 12-22-2012, 12:11 AM

The sad thing is these jerks can drive Challengers also, Thursday I had to drive my truck to work (crew cab super duty F250) as I needed to pick up some stuff on the way home from one of the big box hardware stores, at one point while I was driving, minding my own business on a 4 lane divided highway I started to slowly pass a Rallye Redline SXT, and for like 1 or 2 miles this guy would not let me get past him, or drop back and get behind him, making me miss my right turn, ended up taking a left at a turn around and doubling back. Part of me wants to play payback if I see him out and about on that stretch of road when I am driving my SRT8.

Mods list: K&N Typhoon CAI, Skip Shift Eliminator , Petty Strut Tower Brace, Diablo Predator 91CAI tune, License Plate backup camera with Lockpick V2, mini spare tire and adapter, Moroso Catch Can, some BT bling, 3rd brake pulser, Larry's mod Hurst shifter, coming soon Web Electric Sequential tail lights and LED under door lights

Last edited by Isaac-1; 12-22-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.