Show Us Your Pets! - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Show Us Your Pets!

I love bulldogs! Have had them since before I started school. Show us the pets you love!

The late great Sherman circa 2000 with his #1 fan, our son Graeme.

Do you kiss on the first date?

Miss Clementine, our current spoiled rotten bulldog.

2009 HO Challenger SRT
PWR Aluminium 446

Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage!

Last edited by Daddy Kool; 10-19-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Show Us Your Pets!

You don't want to see my pets - they give people nightmares.

Ordered 5/12/08, Built 11/13/08, Delivered 11/24/08
DiabloSport Predator Tuner
Corsa Cat-back Exhaust
JET 180 T'stat
MOPAR Cold Air Intake
MOPAR Polished Door Sills
MOPAR Challenger Floor & Trunk Mats
MOPAR Locking Gas Cap
MOPAR HEMI SRT Plate Frame
BR Sequential Taillight System
BT Oil Catch Can
XRP Braided Stainless Steel Hoses
XRP Anodized HoseEnds
TaylorVertex ShoTuff Chrome Loom
Custom Trunk Lid Liner
#3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I need to upload some pix of Buckwheat he is a solid black colby Pitbull 70lbs of muscle. He lives like Kid Rock in the house relaxing just a big baby. He has movie star status in my area all the kids come see him and for holloween he is the MAN! I have all the kool candy snickers, kit kats, milkyway bars all the good stuff and Buckwheat is at the door waiting. BTW: He gets the first ride in the Hot Rod before anyone!!

buckwheat

BW

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT 9.67 149 mph
449 Aluminum Hemi
Arrington Apache Heads
Kenne Bell 4.2LC KB 148mm Throttle Body
Big Azz Cam Motion Camshaft
Triumph Performance Wheels (Street Cruising)
Bogart Racing Wheels/Double Bead Locks with 28x10's
DTP On The Keyboard
Sons of Confederate Veterans Louisiana Division

2015 Dodge Hellcat aka White Trash
2013 Jeep SRT8 Black Vapor Edition
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT NMCA Street Outlaw 94mm Turbo (under construction)
#4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwheat View Post
I need to upload some pix of Buckwheat he is a solid black colby Pitbull 70lbs of muscle. He lives like Kid Rock in the house relaxing just a big baby. He has movie star status in my area all the kids come see him and for holloween he is the MAN! I have all the kool candy snickers, kit kats, milkyway bars all the good stuff and Buckwheat is at the door waiting. BTW: He gets the first ride in the Hot Rod before anyone!!

buckwheat
Cool! Post some pics.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08ChallengerDad View Post
You don't want to see my pets - they give people nightmares.
Halloween is coming, scare us!
#6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 07:54 PM

Okay.....
These are photos of the species I have. Mine are all terrestrial tarantulas and like to burrow. Therein, when I take them out of their "caves", they get a bit cranky, and I don't have pics loaded to a URL. So I'm using the "generic" photos for reference.

I've had Goliath for 5 years. She's mature, about 8-8 1/2 inches spread out. She's a Choco Gold Stripe (Grammostola Aureoaustrata) and weighs about 8-10 ounces (depending on which stage of the molt she's in). Usually very friendly but intimidating because of her size.

Carmen is a Mexican RedKnee (Brachypelma Smithii) - the classic tarantula. I've had her for 7 years. She about 6" spread out and weight about 5-6 ounces. She has a bad attitude - unusual for a Smithii.

Fang was a Rio Grande Gold (Aphonopelma moderatum). She passed last week. She had a tenuous molt and I lost her to a bacterial infection.

I had five others (mostly tree spiders - much more colorful, but VERY fast and a bit more aggressive), but sold them a few years ago. My wife is arachnophobic, so the T's I still have stay in heated terrariums under towels on a shelf in the basement - where my wife has slowly become accustomed to having them there. She still doesn't LIKE them, but she's not afraid of them anymore, so we're keeping the last two.
The Following User Says Thank You to 08ChallengerDad For This Useful Post:
driller (02-04-2013)
#7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

WOW! I never seen anything that that except in books. What do they eat? do they live together?

buckwheat
#8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)

Very exotic pets! I'm sorry to hear you lost Fang. How did you come to keep such unique species?
#9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 02:19 PM

They eat crickets mostly, and occasionally, I'll give them "pinkies" (baby mice).
I modified a few "critter cages" - aquariums with a screened/locking top. I cut lexan to fit as a divider on the 10 gallon tanks and seated it with clear silicone gasket - giving them each half of the volume of the tanks. I have three 10 gal tanks split into two - housing for 6 T's.
They can't be kept all together. They're very territorial and will fight until there's only one T left alive. They can see each other (their vision is poor) in the cages, but can't make contact. That's best for all of them.

When my son was young, he liked to sleep on the floor of his bedroom closet. He said he was "camping out" in his cave. I called him my spider - and the nickname stuck.
After the divorce, I had a lot of idle time and started a sim-racing team named Arachnid Racing - in honor of my son. He felt the team should have a mascot, so I bought Carmen. Well he and his sister were so fascinated by her, I was begged to get more T's. Over the next few years, I bought a Chilean Rosehair, (Rosie - 6"), a Brazilian Pinktoe (Flash - 4"), a Metallic Pinktoe (Mumbo Jumbo - 4" - absolutely gorgeous spider and VERY fast), a Mexican Red Leg (Tick - 3"), Goliath, and Fang.
When I met my current wife, she was deathly afraid of spiders, so I began to sell them off. Well time passed, the wedding happened and I was still keeping three that didn't sell (the ladies remaining range in price from Goliath - $100 to Carmen - $450). My wife didn't want me to give them away, so I keep them in the basement hidden behind towels on a rack. They seem to like it just fine there.

They're great pets - no vet bills, cheap to feed, relatively no care, and YES, I do handle them. Yes, they're all poisonous - but in such minute amounts that the only real threat they pose would be to very young children. Yes, they bite and it hurts like a b@$t@^d! But they won't bite unless they have a reason, so I try not to give them one.

Thanks for the condolences. I'll miss Fang. She was small but had a LOT of attitude. She was docile and hard to p*$$ off, but when she put her pedipalps up in an attack posture, she could jump about a foot and hit you with her fangs......never sink them in, but hit you with them. She was a fun spider to have.
Goliath is very lethargic. I feed her well. At her size, you don't want to get her too worked up.
Carmen is just miserable. She doesn't bite, but she flicks urticating hairs from her abdomen with her back legs. When they float and get on your skin, it feels like you've been stung by a thousand bees. It's not fun.

Thanks for asking!
#10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 02:29 PM

BTW - here's a picture of a Metallic Pinktoe (looks just like Mumbo). They're gorgeous, but very fast and skittish. Most tree spiders are.

They build hammock webs stretched between tree limbs.

Here's a pic of a Pinktoe (like Flash);

They make tube webs on the sides of trees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode