What are your other hobbies? - Page 9 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We love our Challenger. We belong to a small club and take frequent rides through the NC, SC, TN and GA mountains.

My other hobbies are trailer camping,

model building

trail hiking and spending time with family....
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM

Me, the real cheap stuff is my heart stealer. I love weight training. Not at some glitzy, foo-foo gym but at home or alongside my semi at a truck stop or rest area. 275 lbs of dumbbells from the passenger floorboard, 45 to 75 minutes of terrible bliss and then shower off on the catwalk between tractor and trailer with my gallon of water, soap and shampoo. Weather extremes will serve to toughen the core.

DRLs : Active
MOPAR Wheel Locks Protecting 20" Chrome Clads, 245/45R20 Nitrogen Filled Wide Oval Firestones, Glass Tipped "Save the Earth" Chrome Caps
Functional Hood Scoops
Maxi-View Blind Spot Mirrors
Synthetic 5W-20 Pennzoil
MGP Custom, Header Orange, Silver Inlaid "Challenger" Scripted Caliper Covers
MOPAR C.A.I. breathing only cool, coastal breezes
BORLA Catback "Stingers"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Queen View Post
We love our Challenger. We belong to a small club and take frequent rides through the NC, SC, TN and GA mountains.

My other hobbies are trailer camping,

model building

trail hiking and spending time with family....
Well crafted little models for sure! I was never very good at that although I did give it hell back in the day. Revell, particularly warships and hot rods. I then moved into the Ed "Big Daddy" Roth Rat Fink collection.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:01 PM

to many hobbies: I have a 70's style dirt track race car with a 38 chev body. Just sold a IMCA open wheel dirt track car, i also have a 72 Javlin sst and am building a S gauge model railroad and slpot track approx size 8 wide and 30 foot long. In the process of restoring the 38 chev dirt track car.IOts the most fun to drive. You set in the center of the car over the transmission. Gas pedal on right side of trans and the break and clutch on the left side.or you an set it up as a hand operated clutch. My challenger is a 2011 sxt wioth the sst option.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by 65blueracer View Post
to many hobbies: I have a 70's style dirt track race car with a 38 chev body. Just sold a IMCA open wheel dirt track car, i also have a 72 Javlin sst and am building a S gauge model railroad and slpot track approx size 8 wide and 30 foot long. In the process of restoring the 38 chev dirt track car.IOts the most fun to drive. You set in the center of the car over the transmission. Gas pedal on right side of trans and the break and clutch on the left side.or you an set it up as a hand operated clutch. My challenger is a 2011 sxt wioth the sst option.
That's pretty cool! My husband used to race IMCA B mods on the dirt track. Have you ever been to Boon?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 AM

No i haven't been to Boone. Hope to make that trip in 2013. My son has been there. We had talked about tyaking our cars out for the nationals at one time. But he sold his and bought a crate late model. The open wheel mods are not popular in georgia.Only one track is running them once a month.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 AM

Here's a couple pics from an Indiana Jones figure I just finished, Yes, I make toys . . . .

'12 R/T Classic - STP - 3.06 Rear Axel/Anti-Spin Dif - SG II 430N
MODS: MOPAR CAI - 85mm TB - BT Catch Can - Flowmaster Super 44's Catback - Trinity w/ 93 octane tune - 363 torque /336 hp / 0-60 4.84 sec.

Last edited by Retro_R/T; 12-31-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Wow! COOL Megojim!!! The models I paint and put together PALE compared to those. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:53 AM

Photos: (2)
I like to draw on my free time
Attached Thumbnails
What are your other hobbies?-1376211117511.jpg  
The Following User Says Thank You to ODB DT RT For This Useful Post:
ThreePointShooter43 (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fordmi View Post
By "Cheap" I mean that one of my favorite guitars to this day is an old Ibanez RG that I bought back when I was in high school. Bought it brand new back then for $129 and aside from getting a set of better humbuckers, a few set ups by a professional here and there, and routine work (needed new fret wires and fingerboards on the uppers), the thing is basically the same as the day I bought it. I've owned and played nicer guitars but this one still has "That feel" and more importantly "That sound!"

As for solid wood vs. laminate - on an acoustic, I don't know about that either... my Martin is solid spruce top and laminate otherwise. Plays great, sounds great both plugged in and not. I have 5 other acoustics all solid wood and ranging in price and size - the Martin sounds the best. Followed closely by my old Alvarez that my broke buddies chipped in and bought me back in the late 90s (which means it must have been the cheapest guitar they could find!).

I'm no professional musician, but I had my time when I thought I would be. My days of performing seem to be long behind me and my skills are very obviously on the downtrend. At this point in my life, my audience is a girlfriend who tries to be nice for as long as she can before telling me she can't hear the TV, and a crazy cat that runs around the house when I play... Average to slightly below average instruments suit me just fine.

It's not that HPL can't sound good, because it can (especially when combined with a solid wood top like yours) but it won't sound as good as an all solid wood body...that's just acoustics 101.

As far as the Jack White comments on cheap guitars....well I find him to be a little hypocritical. He says that, but every time I see him perform he has some seriously expensive guitars, amps, gear, etc.

High end guitars are a lot like high end cars. The cheaper ones are perfectly functional to get from point A to point B, but still people buy Challengers.

Last edited by RippTyde; 08-11-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.