You won't believe what this idiot car salesman told me today... - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Anything not Challenger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here - must be work-safe. Post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in the Chat Lounge ONLY). **NOTE: ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic - NO POLITICS**

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by KANGA5KHAN123 View Post
Oh SNAP! You brought the facts, hahaha! I guess it just goes to show that we never know as much as we think we do. Imagine, this bloke almost called the salesman an idiot! ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
He did tell him he was putting that comment online

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2013 SRT8 6 speed, dual gray metallic stripes, radar red interior, tinted windows and side markers, Goodyear F1 tires. "True" fender pull CAI, 87mm ported throttle to match ported intake manifold by Peakspeed, Mishimoto 180* T-Stat, Hemifever custom 93 Tune, Magnaflow comp series, Speedlogx front tower brace, MOPAR stage ones, catch can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Originally Posted by STINGER392 View Post
It's not about making mistakes. It's about trying to make yourself feel better by making someone else look bad, coming up wrong and not having the balls to set things right. That's a big difference than simply making a mistake.

And there's certainly none of that going on in this thread with all the piling on. I'm pretty sure he figured out what he did after about the third post.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tim_K View Post
The salesman was an idiot. He clearly was new to the car sales busines and didn't have a clue.

But while this fire insulation thing may work in theory, it wouldn't work in real life. The insulation is so light it would have little if any force pulling it down, and even it did it couldn't drop far.

And even if all that worked, those stupid plastic covers that car makers insist on putting on engines to hide them would negate any practical fire suppression benefits.

And if that fire is that bad, you have a lot more to worry about than the fire making it to the hood!

Perhaps the car makers should design the car better to minimize fire risks.
So the salesman is an idiot because of the car manufacturers designs...? Hmm yeah not getting your drift.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by mjb4450 View Post
And there's certainly none of that going on in this thread with all the piling on. I'm pretty sure he figured out what he did after about the third post.
If that was the case he wouldn't have continued to post that the salesman was an idiot instead of admitting that he was wrong. That is why people are "piling on" as you put it.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:33 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Originally Posted by STINGER392 View Post
If that was the case he wouldn't have continued to post that the salesman was an idiot instead of admitting that he was wrong. That is why people are "piling on" as you put it.
Stinger, I've re-read the entire thread and point taken as far as his being unrepentant. But I stand by my opinion that some posters are doing exactly what they accuse the OP of. Why some are getting so agitated is beyond me. I'd make light of it. Maybe the OP is just practicing his fishing technique and getting lots of bites. Who knows, but I'm with Sandshar on this.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:46 PM

Thanked 1,385 Times in 857 Posts
A little humility goes a long way in life.
What really bugs me the most is that the op still does not admit to his mistake.
He's attitude of "I know it all" and "I'm above everyone else" will hold him back.
Sometimes you can learn things even from idiots. Don't be judgmental and treat people like you would like to be treated.
He deserves to be flamed. But I doubt he will change his attitude.
A real man admits when he's wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Brent60 (12-16-2012)
Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 PM

Ain't gonna do it... It's a "safety feature" that may work in the lab but won't in the real world. Because of those stupid plastic engine covers holding it up and away from where it needs to fall to to be effective at all.

Last edited by Tim_K; 12-16-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 PM

Ain't gonna do it... It's a "safety feature" that may work in the lab but won't in the real world. Because of those stupid plastic engine covers holding it up and away from where it needs to fall to to be effective at all.
If the plastic pins melt the plastic cover will to you ignorant twat. Your a stubborn old fool that is going to be awarded the Darwin Award this Year!

Sent from my HTC Rezound with the AutoGuide App.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brent60 For This Useful Post:
HEMIZSP (12-17-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
come on man- you flat out said the salemans didnt know wtf he was talking about and claimed he was full of crap talking about a safety feature that just didnt exist. but yet you were shown the truth that the mat and the plastic rivots were invented to do just what he said.

so whether or not it actually does what he said, it was supposed to do it and your gripe was that he was a nut job that was just talking sheet. but he wasnt. so man up and admit it!

Old 12-17-2012, 06:28 AM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Your thread wasn't started to talk about if what the saleman said about the car would work in the event of a fire. That has nothing to do with this thread. You started the thread to bash the sales guy for being an idiot and it turns out that not only are you the idiot ,but you also don't have the balls to admit when you are wrong. That's about par for the way a lot of people think these days. That's way this country is as screwed up as it is.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to STINGER392 For This Useful Post:
HEMIZSP (12-17-2012), odiHnaD (12-17-2012), TexasBock (12-18-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.