2012 Northeast Rod Run - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > North-East

North-East Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 Northeast Rod Run

I just figured that I'd post up a new thread on here for this year's trip. This is our 5 year anniversary, so if you've never joined us before, this would definitely be the perfect year to try it out

Most of the details for 2012's Rod Run are now set and people have already been booking their hotel rooms for a few months now.

This year's trip is going to be our longest ever (timewise and mileage) and it will be taking us from Lake George, NY up to Alexandria Bay, then back down to Watkins Glen before heading down into PA and the Poconos.

For more details check out the Rod Run's website/forum ( www.northeastrodrun.com ), or the Northeast Rod Run's Facebook page. As always I'm always available by email also. In the coming weeks and months there will be much more details listed on the Rod Run's forum, so check back often

Thanks for reading and hope to see some of you on this year's trip.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Northeast Rod Run-flyer.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 07:32 PM

Just bringing this back to the top. All the hotels are now being booked. Most of the attractions and stops are set and the route is tenatively set (just depends on final road conditions as trip gets closer)

If anyone plans on continuing our Challenger participation for a second year in a row, don't wait to long to book or you might miss out. The hotels along our routes usually fill up by mid-year
Old 05-30-2012, 06:59 AM

We now have almost 20 people registered to join us, on the track at Watkins Glen this year.

A few pics from last year

Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 AM

Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 AM

This is the first half of last year's video: 2011 Northeast Rod Run part 1 - Car Videos on StreetFire
Old 05-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Question

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does one have to participate for the whole week or can I do just a few days where you guys are the closest to me. It may be difficult to get off of work for the whole week.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:18 PM

It doesn't cost you anything, so you can join for as long or short a time as you want.

Many people only do partial trips with us and there are some guys from PA joining us this year (as they do every year).
Old 06-02-2012, 07:54 AM

Hmm sounds interesting. Assuming I'm around in October, I'll have to join in. I know a few other guys in the unit have cars that'd work as well, a Rousch Stage 3 Mustang and a supercharged G8 in addition to my SRT.

Mods-
RPI Splashguards
Autolumination Chromed turn signal bulbs
Custom Painted engine covers, steering wheel, strut tower caps
Engraved Billet 392 Catch Can
Rebadge by Nate
Lockpick Radio Kit
Zoomers cat-back exhaust
Speedlogix Strut Brace
LMI Frankentake IV
Diablo InTune 93 Octane Tune
Engraved Billet under-hood set - PI
Old 06-04-2012, 08:49 AM

Sounds cool!

We are usually low on Mopar counts and always have plenty of Mustangs... Maybe even to many.... LOL!! Just kidding. As long as the owners are cool, all American muscle is always more than welcome to join us. This is very much attitude free group of people. That's one of the biggest things that draws people year after year

It's never to late to decide to join us, but if you do want to drive the track with us at Watkins Glen, you guys will have to get payment in early for that. All those details are on NERR's site.

Usually the hotels get sold out well before we leave for the trip also and we are only able to hold our discounted rates for a limited time. Usually by the end of the summer we lose our rates and people that wait until the last minute can end up spending anywhere from $20 to $50 extra a night, compared to what they can get them for by booking early

Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; 06-04-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 PM

Just trying to give everyone fair warning here.

I am attending the Good Guys show in Springfield, MA this weekend and then going to the GM National in Carlisle, PA next weekend and after I get back from those two events, I'll be getting everything together to send payment into Watkins Glen for our track time

With that being said, if you plan on joining us on the track and haven't contacted me yet, I suggest you do so ASAP so you don't miss out. Since I am going to be busy and not going to be on here much, I suggest you contact me by email because if not, you have a good chance at missing out because it's so close to the deadline

Can't wait to see everyone in about 3 1/2 months. It's going to be here before you know it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Regional Forums > North-East

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.