Only a matter of time... - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Originally Posted by trailrider9 View Post
.. and there's no way anybody could've followed us and been able to keep up in a grand Cherokee...
I wouldn't be so sure -depends on the Grand Cherokee...
69 Pontiac Grand Prix 428
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by cubuff27 View Post
Well..I took a buddy out for a ride to hear the new exhaust. Of course we came to a stop sign on the back roads of North Carolina. Straight shot for about half a mile. I turn of the ESP. Tell him to hold on and I let it rip in 1st and the tires are just screaming and the windows are down and the smoke is streaming in.

Tires are still spinning and and shift to second before the engine hits redlines. Tires are smoking. I couldn't be going more than 20 mph because I have the brake lightly touched. Just doing a nice slow powerstall forward.

I go to shift into 3rd when I see a car coming over the hill so I slow it down out of the burnout. Smoke is everywhere with 2 super long black streaks on the road. I look behind me and smile and my buddy is laughing and then we look up and the ONLY other car on the road is, you guessed it, a Gaston County Cop! Uhg.

I am still not going more than 30 MPH....but the huge cloud of tire smoke and 150ft of rubber totally give me away. So as we pass head on I see his brake lights go off and he does a U-Turn and starts following me.

Follows me for about a mile and then he fires off the blue lights. Crap. Runs my license and registration on my BRAND new car....holds me for about 30 minutes while he checks to make sure I didn't steal the car. (I had been installing the exhaust all day so I was totally greasy in a wife-beater shirt and I have full sleeve tattoos...so I was getting judged by appearance big time....no biggie. I am used to it).

Then he asks me if I have any weapons or drugs and then asks me to get out of the car and walk to the back of the vehicle. I am thinking....Crap here we go.

He then tells me "I am not going to tell you where to drive like that, just don't do it in my county" and he gives me a warning for Aggressive Driving and then tells me he is a Mopar guy with an old Charger!

Holy Crap....I didn't do a burnout at all....for the next hour!!

Attachment 47742
haha thats awesome. Lucky me, i got pulled over in a neighborhood at 4am last weekend for not using my turn signal. I was going about 15mph as well to not wake anyone up with the zoomers. She then almost gave me a ticket as well for not using my turn signal 100ft before the stop sign, (i only did it like 50ft). I guess the two cops were watching a house that had a party going on so she decided to stop me thinking we had been drinking. So yes i got a ticket. i love frisco, tx cops. Can't wait to see her in court. (literally, she was pretty god damn sexy) ahah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.