Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Single Post - Having a hurst short shifter just got my entire transmission warranty voided
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 11:57 AM
OmahaRumble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venthos View Post
Correct. That is the basis for me being upset and why I am not dropping it with Chrysler. I guess I'm misunderstanding you here.

I read your initial reply and implying that my broken shifter lever was valid reason for them to void my entire transmission. That is in essence saying the symptom (broken shifter lever caused by faulty transmission) is the justification used against the origin cause (faulty transmission).

It does make sense for them to not warranty the shifter level because of the Hurst short shifter, of course. That makes sense (stronger hurst shifter causing weaker chrysler stick to break). I am not arguing that.

It's definitely a raw deal, and I totally agree that it's bogus to void the entire transmission warranty for a shifter handle that breaks with stress over time. It's just that I've seen Chrysler do this so many times to other people. They find ANY reason to say "this mod caused this", etc, and then they take the opportunity to void your warranty. In your case you have nothing to lose by fighting it. Although it's not fair what they are doing, I understand their "logic" if you want to call it that.

Best of luck to you though, I hope you get it figured out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
.... sold, but not forgotten.

new rig :
2015 Chevy Traverse LTZ, siren red tintcoat.
- Husky all weather floor mats
- Lund bug deflector
- 20% tint all around

The Following User Says Thank You to OmahaRumble For This Useful Post:
sick'r bee (07-10-2014)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome