Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Single Post - Having a hurst short shifter just got my entire transmission warranty voided
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Yahooligan
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,458 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Yahooligan
Sounds like a bad dealer/rep, I would fight it. Having a Hurst isn't grounds for having the transmission warranty nullified. My local dealer had no problem with my Hurst being installed when I took it in for the clutch issues, they covered the actuator and pilot bearings under warranty, but I had to pay for a new clutch and the labor. No restrictions or other issues with my warranty.

Keep us posted, but definitely fight it especially since you've had documented problems.

FWIW, the TR-6060 is known to have problems with the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts when the trans is cold. Once the fluid warms up after 5-10 miles it should be fine. This has been a problem for Camaro and Mustang GT500 owners as well.

If your trans is still notchy or grinding even after being driven for a while then there's something more going on than the "usual" problem.

2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack, B5, 6-speed, SPAG, WRTs, sunroof, SGII, Convenience, Tech and Leather; UPR catch can, skip-shift eliminator, Mopar splash guards.
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Inferno Red, 4.7L V8
RIP 11/2/14 - 2011 Challenger R/T Classic GWE 6-speed
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yahooligan For This Useful Post:
70TA-09RT (07-10-2014), sick'r bee (07-10-2014), wasp392 (07-10-2014)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome