Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat Spied Testing for the First Time
View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 05:26 AM
K-Dawg

Garage
As a Rebel owner, I can appreciate the TRX idea....but just can't figger it out for a 4-door family sedan or an SUV.

I saw a thread somewhere where a dude grafted an early 70's duster body onto a burned out modern Challenger chassis. Will end up with a modern Challenger chassis/drive-train with a classic MOPAR car body.

There's no room for multiple 2-door Muscle cars in the FCA stable (like back in the 60's and 70's). Dodge missed their opportunity when the screwed up the Charger. They could have let the 300 be the performance sedan and made that Charger into a retro-styled 2-door car that would have negated the need for our Challengers.

To be 100% honest, the classic Chargers are much better looking cars than the same year Challengers, and I would have much rather seen the current Challenger platform be a retro-styled Charger than Challenger (or even......a Cuda). Frankly, other than the Vanishing Point movie, I never gave the 70's Challengers a second look, until Dodge brought the 2008 one back. Always seems like the ugly older sibling to the much cooler Cuda and sexier Cuda.

Let's be honest, if Dodge had made a Charger that looked like this (Below), we all be driving one.
Attached Images

K-DAWG

Last edited by K-Dawg; 06-21-2018 at 05:31 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome