Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Single Post - SRT Background & Mission
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Cuda340
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,890 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 Iron View Post
Cuda- thanks for the history of the SRT division, that is interesting. I'm interested to know what is the relationship between Dodge/SRT and Arrow Racing? When I was researching a tuned Stage 1 PCM for the RT, I saw an article that made it look like Arrow built the motor for the Viper. Chime in.

The Viper was initially conceived in late 1988 at Chrysler's Advanced Design Studios. Lamborghini (then owned by Chrysler) helped with the design of the V10 engine and casted a prototype aluminum block, based on Chrysler’s LA V8 engine (see link, below). A major contributor to the Viper since the beginning was Dick Winkles, the chief power engineer, who had spent time in Italy. The first retail shipments of the Viper began in January 1992.

Arrow Racing Engines,founded more than 30 years ago to support Chrysler Motorsports, Performance Parts and Production, was also involved with the Viper’s V10 engine development, as well as supporting design, research and testing. It later built all of the engines for Dodge’s Viper racing program. This resulted in victories in the 24 Hours of LeMans (the GT2 class), the Rolex Daytona 24, the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, and more.

Arrow Racing Engines was later acquired by Prefix which developed a custom 5th generation Viper convertible.

Here are the engine details:

https://www.powerperformancenews.com...-viper-motors/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome