Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Single Post - 11.55 @ 118.9, New PB
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Rob446

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
Great run, man the car is getting after it! Did you mess any more with coolant or air intake readings - or observe them for this pass? Any differences?
Ambient was 53.6. IAT was 106 at launch, dropped to 97 at 1st shift, 82 at 2nd shift, 70 at 3rd shift, and 66at 4th shift. My car has the shaker and the Mopar cold air inlet (rubber tube from headlight to air box). Between the 2 it appears to cool IAT rapidly with the car in motion. ECT was 182 at launch rose to 195 at finish line then quickly returned to 185. Launch ECT was about 3* lower than normal but after launch the ECT curve looks similar to most runs.

The air was best I have seen this year, the only negative was approximately 10 MPH headwind. Even though ECT was only 3* cooler than normal at launch there wa probably a larger differential of engine temperature when compared to most runs but I have no way of knowing and its not something I can control anyway.

2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
Jazz Blue, Ruby Red Leather, A8, Scat Pack Appearance Group
Tazer, BT catch can, ported intake manifold, Hemifever Tune, Fastman 84mm TB.
SW mid pipes, Performance differential brace, BMR non adjustable trailing arms.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob446 For This Useful Post:
EricG (11-13-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome