Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SXT Wheels

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RockanRoll 
#1 ·
I want to get hellcat replicas for my 2015 challenger SXT, but I do not know if they will fit and there is no wheel configurator. Also, what does offset mean??

#2 ·
I envy you, because I would like to do the same if I hadn't just bought new tires. I love the Hellcat wheels !!

Do you have 20" wheels? If so, they have a backspace of 24MM. The Hellcat wheels have a backspacing of 18.5MM. So... I want to say you are good to go. Let's someone who knows a little more than I chime in and confirm this.

Backspacing.... Just picture half the wheel being inside the car, and half being outside the car. There is no such wheel of course, but that would be a zero offset. So, by having backspacing of 24MM means a good bit of the tire is tucked under the car.

#3 ·
I'll assume as SXT (and not 'plus') you have 18s.
I want 3 pretty ones on a deal - local to Richmond, VA?

I believe offset has more directly to do with the drum/rotor/mounting place face - the back of the wheel's hub.

If it's place on the wheel is halfway from each tire edge - where the weights clip - that's 0 offset.
Now, the lug nut support body - hub - is never zero thickness - so you really only measure from 1 side and subtract from wheel 'width'.

Different offsets eventually move the tire in or out relative to the drum/rotor - and thus to the body.

Most modern wheels/tires are pushed under the car more, and the lug nut hub is closer to outside of the wheel.

Good pic:

https://www.lesschwab.com/article/what-is-wheel-offset.html

#6 ·
How long have they been installed on your car?

Have you taken much of a hit in fuel economy?

#11 ·
They look good. Nice looking car all around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.