Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Single Post - Adaptive Suspension Option
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:25 AM
Hal H
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,568 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
So the WB is stiffer? I've yet to ride in one, what's your pressures set at? Mine with 275s is very smooth in default.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
WB Scat Packs have the highest spring rates of all the trims - there was an FCA media release in a Motor Trend article:

Excerpt:

"Especially the Scat Pack Widebody.

"This started out as a project to just put the Widebody package on the Scat Pack, but then we thought, 'Why don't we try to go a bit further,'" explains SRT vehicle dynamics chief Erich Heuschele.
His team ended up with a completely new spring/damping/roll-stiffness setup. At 359 lb/in, these are the stiffest front springs on any Challenger, up from 313 on the Hellcats and 284 on the base Scat Pack.

Its rear springs are shared with the Hellcats. The anti-roll bars are stiffened by increasing their diameters from 32 to 34mm in front and from 19 to 22 in back relative to base Scat Packs.
These hollow bars are now the same diameter as the Hellcat's solid ones. New Bilstein three-mode adjustable shocks are borrowed from the Hellcats but are uniquely tuned to match this spring/bar setup, the weight of the lighter naturally aspirated engine, and to work with the big 305/35ZR20 Pirelli P Zero three-season (or P Zero Nero all-season) tires.

Note that by contrast, the Redeye Widebody is just a Widebody package on a Redeye with no fundamental tuning changes."

Article:
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/dodg...-drive-review/

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal H For This Useful Post:
Fawls (04-23-2019), STINGRAY (04-22-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome