Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums - View Single Post - Well, this happened yesterday.
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:02 PM
mjb4450
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,585 Times in 868 Posts
Well at least it's not extensive damage. After having supervised a large dealership Body shop for five years my tip for you is to pull the shop's estimator aside and insist in a nice way that he assign your job to their best painter and best body man. There is an enormous competence range in any given shop and the pay system encourages short cuts. Also do some research and if you find a better shop before they start you can move it. And if they say it will take five days.........it won't. Prepare for much longer then they say.

Your comment about looking away reminded me of my at fault crash back in 1977 on I-17 in Phoenix. I'm in a 1976 Dodge Aspen. Vehicle in front is a 1968 Charger driven by an off duty cop in uniform which made this even more embarrassing as people drove by laughing. There had been news reports of people throwing things off overpasses. As I approached an overpass, a kid was hanging over the railing of it so I looked up as I went under the overpass to make sure he wasn't dropping anything. When I looked back down, all the brake lights in the world were illuminated except mine, and I ran into the Charger, (AKA Tank). Aspen....front end accordioned up to the doors. Charger (AKA Tank) two dimples in the rear valance panel.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjb4450 For This Useful Post:
garyahouse (05-17-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome