11.55 @ 118.9, New PB - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Track Talk This is the place to post time slips, track stories, track photos and videos, and track event info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vortecd Send a message via MSN to vortecd Send a message via Yahoo to vortecd
I have an Intune 3, can you modify the tune with it? I have no problem with Jay doing it though

SW fixed them and sent them back last week. Sounds like after they are bent they are cut to length. Mine were not cut and were 2.5" to long. At some point I will sell them being I have another set that has been on the car

"Without DATA, you're just another person with an OPINION"

'17 Daytona 392
'18 Challenger R/T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortecd View Post
I have an Intune 3, can you modify the tune with it? I have no problem with Jay doing it though

SW fixed them and sent them back last week. Sounds like after they are bent they are cut to length. Mine were not cut and were 2.5" to long. At some point I will sell them being I have another set that has been on the car
Info on Intune: https://forum.diablosport.com//viewt...p?f=44&t=49853

Kudos to SW making it right Are the ones on your car SW also? If not....what size are the pipes? I love the fact the SW are 3" and give an "expansion chamber" effect rather than a smaller "neck down" effect.

You have a known good Tune thats a lil rich. Take out a touch and KEEP TRACK of your changes if your comfortable doing it. It really is simple at least on the Trinity. The big mistake when Tuning is making BIG changes at once. That is a no-no! Especially when leaning one out. Too lean and cylinder temps soar and you can burn a motor up in short order. When you start to get lean a sign is it will suddenly get really "snappy" and crisp. Your always better off to run a tad rich to keep things cool and save the motor. Too rich and it becomes sluggish and you can smell the fuel. (and melt cats) Make small 1 or 2% changes and keep track and you will be fine.

If your not comfortable...Jay will get it right for you for sure.....
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to vortecd Send a message via MSN to vortecd Send a message via Yahoo to vortecd
I had picked up a set of used SW pipes that MMX sells which has an extra bung in them so you can install a wideband. Since I did install a wideband I'm going to keep those on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
This conversation has convinced me that I'm lacking information in a couple of areas. As vortecd states, "Without DATA your just another person with an opinion" To get better data I plan to install a wideband and give Jay a call. Taking a cue from Gene I'll install the wideband first.

If I understand correctly ( I do that occasionally but not often) many wideband sensors can be installed in the rear bung when cats are absent and be connected to both the ECU and the gauge. If true, that would allow the narrow band system to operate as it does today and provide a AF ratio readout. It would be nice to log AF ratio as well. Apparently the AF ratio can be logged using stand alone apps and/or a laptop but it would be nice to see that PID in data viewer alongside other data. I have seen articles that explain how to use a stereo jack to input AF ratio to Trinity T1 but there is no stereo input on Trinity T2. So, a couple of questions, Does anyone know how to log AF ratio with Trinity T2? Is there a real advantage to logging AF ratio over observing it?

I'll wait a while to contact Jay, sounds like it will take a little time to catch up with existing customer needs before taking on new customers after his well earned time off.

2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
Jazz Blue, Ruby Red Leather, A8, Scat Pack Appearance Group
Tazer, BT catch can, ported intake manifold, Hemifever Tune, Fastman 84mm TB.
SW mid pipes, Performance differential brace, BMR non adjustable trailing arms.
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob446 View Post
This conversation has convinced me that I'm lacking information in a couple of areas. As vortecd states, "Without DATA your just another person with an opinion" To get better data I plan to install a wideband and give Jay a call. Taking a cue from Gene I'll install the wideband first.

If I understand correctly ( I do that occasionally but not often) many wideband sensors can be installed in the rear bung when cats are absent and be connected to both the ECU and the gauge. If true, that would allow the narrow band system to operate as it does today and provide a AF ratio readout. It would be nice to log AF ratio as well. Apparently the AF ratio can be logged using stand alone apps and/or a laptop but it would be nice to see that PID in data viewer alongside other data. I have seen articles that explain how to use a stereo jack to input AF ratio to Trinity T1 but there is no stereo input on Trinity T2. So, a couple of questions, Does anyone know how to log AF ratio with Trinity T2? Is there a real advantage to logging AF ratio over observing it?

I'll wait a while to contact Jay, sounds like it will take a little time to catch up with existing customer needs before taking on new customers after his well earned time off.
Rob....I can easily answer ALL these questions......just ask Dr. Carl!!! lol

I cannot answer the interface with the wideband.

What I CAN say is the importance of peaking your timing is CRITICAL for max performance! I thank you, Dr. Carl and Vortec as well for motivating me.

You are right....that quote from Vortec gets my nomination as "Quote of the Year"!!

If I had not seen the actual A/F range with Jays Tune.....there is no way I would have messed with it. It made me realize that Jay knows what the hell he is doing big time! Since I only richened the system I know I am in the safe zone. When you start to get too rich....the motor "softens" and that along with the extra timing KR's it was too much. I backed it up and it RIPS!! Being an old school tuner....I know the motor traits. Fortunately, they act the same way on modern setups.

Of course....with the wideband....as the Dr. has stated.....he can fine tune for ANY conditions and fuels. Thats a pretty big advantage. I cannot wait till tomorrow to run her down the track. Here is hoping everything comes together
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 07:01 AM

Garage
Went to Gainesville last night. Short and sweet.....I am happy. 1st run was [email protected] Temp was 83 degrees and 2360 DA. 2nd run was [email protected] with a harder hit. Temp was 83 degrees and 2163 DA. Last run and new PB was 11.68 @116.83. Temp was 76 Degrees and 1600 DA.

The way the car FEELS I expected more...but I am happy it is a solid 11 second car now even in the HEAT. It was 90 degrees yesterday and the track was heat soaked BIG TIME. It was still 87 when I arrived at the Track. We also had a pretty steady 10 mph direct head wind. (felt good)

My best 60 foot was 1.74...which was about a 90-95% hit. The 26" Hoosiers hooked.

The dash EDIC says my best 0-60 mph was 3.1 seconds.

I do not think the sway bar removal helped me much...very little front end rise. Not much of a difference.

I pulled 1 degree of timing out on the big end on the last run...not much difference. With better weather in the Fall I will experiment.

An 8 second Camaro smacked both walls and took out the 1/8 mile timer in the left lane....so no 1/8th mile time for last run.

In some good weather 11.4's and lower should be no problem. I am very happy....mission accomplished

Thanks again for everyones input and knowledge and I hope everyone has a great day and week............Gene
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190518_200735474_HDR.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	945945   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190519_082040138.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	945947  
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:46 AM

Congrats on the good times! I would not have thought you would go 11.68 in the heat!

By the way, why didn't you post in the 2019 392 track thread? I started that so we would have one thread on what everyone runs this year and what mods they were doing so it would be easier to find later
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 05:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortecd View Post
Congrats on the good times! I would not have thought you would go 11.68 in the heat!

By the way, why didn't you post in the 2019 392 track thread? I started that so we would have one thread on what everyone runs this year and what mods they were doing so it would be easier to find later

Thanks very much brother I guess I didn't realize i needed to post there....sorry.
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 07:15 PM

you can post on Robs thread, it is all good
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 05:50 AM

Garage
This is a tough room! I was expecting more than one comment but I guess not. Thanks again for the congrats Vortec and have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Track Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode