Join Date: Aug 2018
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
While the car was in the body shop and the new grille assy. arrived. I installed #10 nut plates with #3-4 pull rivets where the plastic factory rivets go in to the bumper assembly into the grille. Installed the new hood seal using #10 machine screws and it worked well. No need for any other tool except a Phillips screw driver to change out the next hood seal.
Dodge should have done this at the factory....
I posted pictures in post #20 in this thread of the nutplate install.
It’s easy to install the nut plates with the grille assembly removed from the bumper.
The entire front end was removed from the car at the time I did this mod.
1. Locate the holes in the bumper.
2. Drill the holes with a .250 drill bit
3. Fit the nutplate and drill the pull rivet holes with #40 drill bit
4. Countersink the pull rivet holes for the river countersunk heads
5. Install nut plates with 3-4 countersunk pull rivets with rivet puller
6. Reinstall the front bumper assembly on the car
7. Locate hood seal onto bumper assy
8. Install #10 machine screws through the strip and seal. Do not over tighten screws. Bam 💥 Done.