Audio setups in Convertible E bodies - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Classic Dodge Challenger Specific Need to discuss something specific to the Classic Dodge Challenger? This is the place to do it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Audio setups in Convertible E bodies

I just picked up a clean Challenger convertible.
Plum crazy with white stripes top and interior. Finished out with ac heat and power steering. She’s a great cruiser and economical for long road trips with a 318.

The car does lack in the tunes department
An inoperable radio and I hope a working single speaker in the dash. I have to look the car has a new dash cap that it glued down so I’ll have to remove it and replace. So I want a game plan before starting.

Before I start fixing the radio setup I like to get others opinions on it and how they addressed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0421B7FC-CA58-403A-A187-78C1E6082E12_1552448891953.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	941419  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You own my dream car. A purple and white convertible combo to die for!

The dash cap glued on doesn't look bad from what I've seen, and there really isn't a need to remove it. The center speaker is pretty sad, even if it does work. It's a 4" X 10". Do you want to have an original radio, or are you OK going with after market? I went with after market to get a CD player to at least get me into this century. It's a single DIN radio, so it fit in the original radio space. I put 2 6" X 9" 3-way speakers in the rear, with an amp in the trunk. It worked out great. I just had to cut the holes in my rear package tray cardboard, as the holes were already in the metal panel beneath them. Does your convertible have the same panel area on top behind the rear seat??

You might want to visit https://www.e-bodies.org/ for more help with your classic. Best of luck to you.

2016 SXT+ Airaid CAI. Fastman ported throttle body. Bright pedals. Billet Technology catch can. Petty front shock tower brace. 1 of 524 Plumb-crazy SXT's for 2016.

Last edited by MEKrunner; 03-13-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Classic Dodge Challenger Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode