DUI @110 MPH with 3 yr old child in the car - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Challenger Chat Lounge Come on in and visit with your friends... This section is for socializing and 'just for fun' type threads. Please ONLY post those threads within this section **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
DUI @110 MPH with 3 yr old child in the car

Saw this Challenger last night on Live PD in Oklahoma.
Obviously I paid attention to the incident when i saw a Challenger involved.

Guy told the trooper that a Charger was messing with him.
He was under the influence, driving 110 MPH with his 3 year old daughter in the car with him.

He was arrested and his wife was called to come and get the car and the child.

Ya know, I think it's just incredibly stupid to drink too much and drive but it's past that to do it with your children riding with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6215.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	943523  

2016 Scat Pack - M6 - B5 Blue - SPAG - Leather Interior Group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:59 PM

Yikes! They really need to throw the book at this guy! Glad the trooper got him stopped before that little girl was hurt or possibly killed! I am sure the wife was not to thrilled about that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living my life....one quarter mile at a time
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:12 PM

But if it was the trooper speeding, he would be untouchable. The police are a brotherhood and they do not arrest or ticket their own kind. I know this because I have a lot of friends who are in law enforcement and they all speed, drink and drive and they never get in trouble when they get stopped. However, I agree that the guy shouldn't of had his 3 year old child in the car while he was driving under the influence and speeding.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:14 PM

I saw that too. Let's see:

1. Driving 110 mph
2. Drinking and driving (over the legal limit as well)
3. Having a 3 year old in the car

Any he was smiling about it the whole time the cop was reading him the riot act, like a little kid...

What an idiot... Never mind that it was his wifes car too. :-)

Cops *do* arrest other cops, by the way. I'm sure they let other cops go for small stuff here and there, but cops do get in trouble too for more serious stuff. Very few cops are "crooked" percentage-wise.

Last edited by jtrosky; 04-13-2019 at 02:18 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:28 PM

Location: NW Ok City. 29 years AF; 15 years teaching at OU. Born PA; raised WV; 2 time WVU grad.
Garage
Yup!
Those of us here in OKCity were watching closely to see if there was a Car Club Sticker on it!
Wasn't one!

Frank aka soonercruiser
2011 GWE SRT8.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:10 PM

Absolutely disgusting behavior. He doesn't know how to show respect and appreciation for the car, he doesn't deserve the car. I'd be happy to take it off his hands.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
I saw that too. Let's see:

1. Driving 110 mph
2. Drinking and driving (over the legal limit as well)
3. Having a 3 year old in the car

Any he was smiling about it the whole time the cop was reading him the riot act, like a little kid...

What an idiot... Never mind that it was his wifes car too. :-)

Cops *do* arrest other cops, by the way. I'm sure they let other cops go for small stuff here and there, but cops do get in trouble too for more serious stuff. Very few cops are "crooked" percentage-wise.
Sorry to say alot of small towns here in Texas are corrupt.

I wasn't drinking but my son has already been in triple digits MPH

But yeah that's just dumb to do it when impaired makes you think where the wife is that he was alone with his daughter.

But IMO alot of ppl don't have common sense

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,422 Times in 2,617 Posts
Garage
He should face child endangerment charges at the least. A Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
The Following User Says Thank You to A Guy For This Useful Post:
PSM450 (04-14-2019)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:09 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In Las Vegas a while back, wow, it was like 10 years ago, Metro PD tried to blame an innocent guy for the death of one of their own, who was driving insanely fast without lights or siren.

From Wikipedia:

Press reports indicate that on 7 May 2009, Officer James Manor was driving his official vehicle at 109 miles per hour when a pick up truck attempted to make a left turn. In the collision with a pickup truck that followed, Officer Manor was killed. Sheriff Doug Gillespie said that Officer Manor and a car driven by another officer had their lights and sirens on as they sped through the intersection. This was later shown not to be the case. The driver of the pickup Calvin Darling was arrested at the scene and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Investigation later showed the police car had struck the pickup and that Officer Manor was not wearing his seat belt. After this incident, Calvin Darling's blood alcohol limit was tested at 0.035 and that the Clark County District Attorney's office dropped DUI and failure to yield charges against Mr. Darling when it determined that James Manor was found to be at fault in the crash that ultimately took his own life. On July 26, 2010, the LVMPD Fiscal Affairs Committee approved a $120,000 settlement with Calvin Darling over the four days he spent in jail regarding this incident.

I would take 4 days in jail for 120K!

King, my "Dog of a lifetime" 12/23/1998-12/13/2012, Super smart, super stubborn, and, as a couple of dog trainers said, "King is an Evil Genius", "He has zero tolerance for idiots, human or dog!". Stupid people were ignored.

2018 Challenger R/T Scatpack, TorRed, A8, Dynamics package, HK Stereo, Leather, Convenience package.
Bought 7/14/18.
Best E.T.- [email protected] (by the dash timer)

2010 Challenger R/T, auto, in Hemi Orange. Traded on 7/14/18.
Best E.T.- [email protected]
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 04:33 AM

Garage
Do we really find it hard to believe that corruption occurs in law enforcement when it draws its force from society? Next we’ll expect honest politicians or teachers who won’t have sex with their students. As values and integrity decline these incidents will increase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Challenger Chat Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in