Enough is enough! I'm done! - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Challenger Chat Lounge Come on in and visit with your friends... This section is for socializing and 'just for fun' type threads. Please ONLY post those threads within this section **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congratulations! It's great to not be indebted to anyone. You have one beautiful Challenger.
The Following User Says Thank You to vpzyck For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-07-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim383 View Post
GUY you will get the itch when something new comes out lol. Well anyway good luck with your ride.

People are different. I've had my 2011 paid off for a long time. I have no thought of selling or trading it. Course most of our vehicles are about that vintage. 2010 Jeep Liberty, 2012 Ram Truck. The truck and my Challenger are built just about the way I want them..... and I've got my motorcycle too a 2001 Yamaha VStar 1100. Owning things is far more appealing to me then the next new shiny object. BTW Congrats A Guy.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MODS: White rally stripes, Sequential tail lights, BT GWE engine bling, Sill guards,
Torque Thrust Wheels, JBA exhaust, Hurst line locks & shifter, Hood pins, Fastman TB
Strut tower brace, Billet strut covers, Custom embroidery, Drake fuel door,
Splash guards, Quarter side scoops, T/A hood, Engine rebuild with

forged internals, Whipple 2.9L SC

PB 11.60 @ 120mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by vichris; 06-07-2019 at 06:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vichris For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-07-2019)
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:53 AM

Love it! Congrats!!

2015 Scatpack 392 M6
Black/black
Stainless Works LT Headers
High flow cats
Resonator delete
274 Comp Cam with vvt limiter
Arrington 84 mm throttle body
Barton short throw shifter
Unlocked PCM
Diablo Sport Tuner
HHP Tune
Mopar CAI
Mopar front/rear strut tower braces
Speedlogix SS eliminator
Black lug nuts with Hellcat center caps
Mopar Performance Lowering Springs
Hellcat ram air intake
Hellcat red start button
275 Nittos
Heated/Ventilated seats

The Following User Says Thank You to Clevetown For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-07-2019)
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vichris View Post
People are different. I've had my 2011 paid off for a long time. I have no thought of selling or trading it. Course most of our vehicles are about that vintage. 2010 Jeep Liberty, 2012 Ram Truck. The truck and my Challenger are built just about the way I want them..... and I've got my motorcycle too a 2001 Yamaha VStar 1100. Owning things is far more appealing to me then the next new shiny object. BTW Congrats A Guy.....

I agree - people *are* very different in that respect.

I don't "upgrade" anything just becuase a newer model came out - whether it be for phones, cars or anything else. :-) I keep what I purchase for a long time and only get rid of it when it no longer fits the original purpsoe it was purchased for - or, with cars, when they start nickle-and-diming you and it would better financially to trade it in for something newer.

I don't buy a new phone every year either - I buy ~$150 phones and keep them until I have a specific reason to upgrade. Could be 3, 4 or 5 years before I "upgrade". Whereas there are others that will spend ~$1k every year for the "latest and greatest" phone - that really doesn't do anything the "old" one couldn't. :-)

This way of doing things has served me well over the years. I always have a payment-free car for quite a few years.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post:
vichris (06-08-2019)
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:57 PM

Garage
YIPPEE!!! Congrats Guy! I have 9 more payments on my 74 Pinto Wagon and she's ALL MINE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solidman For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-07-2019), Fawls (06-09-2019)
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,730 Times in 2,821 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
GUY you will get the itch when something new comes out lol. Well anyway good luck with your ride.
Nope, lifetime car. I'm 58, and this is my 3rd car. 78 Trans Am, 95 Grand Prix, 2016 Challenger, see a pattern? 2036, 2037 I may be car shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidman View Post
YIPPEE!!! Congrats Guy! I have 9 more payments on my 74 Pinto Wagon and she's ALL MINE
Invite us to the bonfire

A Guy

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
The Following User Says Thank You to A Guy For This Useful Post:
vichris (06-08-2019)
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:25 PM

smooth MOVE

JGraham70
2008 SRT8 #5814
The Following User Says Thank You to jgraham70 For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-07-2019)
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
2016 Challenger... all paid for, with a Lifetime Warranty. Sometimes life is good
A Guy
Paid for. Those words have a very special sound to them. Your post reminded me that most of the fellas on this forum can't say this. They owe the bank a small fortune. The average Challenger owner not only owes 10's of thousands on his car, but huge sums on his house and a good bit on credit cards as well. According to Expedia, the average American owes 4300 on their credit card. I'm thankful that everything I own except my Challenger is paid off, and I have no credit card debt.

I'm a little jealous about the Challenger, but then it was just 2 years ago this month that I forked over 36k for my slightly used SRT. But I'm getting close; a little less than a year from now, I'll be able to say that White Lightning is paid in full. I could have paid it off when I got it, but chose to use some of the money for some real estate investment. No big deal, it'll be free and clear soon enough. Congrats to you on this milestone. Hey... since ya don't have any more car payments, now you can help me pay mine off
The Following User Says Thank You to garyahouse For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-07-2019)
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
There is truth in that statement, but it will mostly depend on what FCA will do, or not do.

Using Acura Integra for example. With each generation, it was better than the last. Until they reached Gen 4. It was every way a better car.

No one really wanted a Gen 4 Acura Integra (RSX). Sometimes, new and better is not always want customers want.

2016 SXT Plus PCP. My name is James. My friends call me "O.J." - Oriental James.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:19 PM

Congrats broheem!
The Following User Says Thank You to navajo415 For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-07-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Challenger Chat Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode