Enough is enough! I'm done! - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Challenger Chat Lounge Come on in and visit with your friends... This section is for socializing and 'just for fun' type threads. Please ONLY post those threads within this section **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:24 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congrats man! I also had a '78 Trans am back in the day...and another 78..and a 77...and a 79 Tenth Anniversary and a 1980....still love 70's Firebirds and Pontiac!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living my life....one quarter mile at a time
The Following User Says Thank You to Tshane72 For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-08-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:10 PM

Garage
Congrats as well Guy! I’m with you on getting things around as long as possible. For me vehicles are like family and I grow a bond with them. I am still upset about having to get rid of my truck, but I couldn’t afford to fix it before moving back to Germany a couple years ago. I would gladly buy it back though if I could.

I will never get rid of my Challenger because it’s travel more than most people do in their whole lives. Germany, Austria,Hungary, Slovakia and Czech Republic (Czechia now). Many places throughout Germany including the Nurburgring. Not to mention everywhere stateside.

So enjoy your ride and never get rid of her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 Challenger SRT8-Airaid CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Zoomers Cat-Back Exhaust, Mopar Stage 1 Lowering Springs, BT Catch Can, BT under hood dress up kit, Petty’s Garage Front & Rear Sway bar, Petty’s Garage bolt on Sub-Frame Connectors, SX/Razors Edge Front & Rear End Links, SX Rear Tension Arms, SX Front & Rear strut/shock tower braces, Diablo 93 canned tune, Nitto 555G2 (summer)/Motivos (winter)
2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 5.7L-Airaid CAI, Eibach rear 3” lowering springs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to hemi1031 For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-08-2019)
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Nope, lifetime car. I'm 58, and this is my 3rd car. 78 Trans Am, 95 Grand Prix, 2016 Challenger, see a pattern? 2036, 2037 I may be car shopping

Yes I recognize the pattern. And its a damn good one.........YOU are a lot like me. I actually retired early when I was 60, mostly because, I have very little debt. We are planning for my wife to retire when she's 57. Our only debt is our home and that is just a few short years away. When you have little to no debt its amazing how little $$ you need to live on. Mostly because I've removed myself from the "vicious circle". I'm no longer paying taxes, social security, medicare, state tax, contributing to a 401k or pension plan, life insurance, or in my case health insurance. That list took well over 1/3 of my pay when I was working. In addition, I've got all of the "toys" I ever wanted from a lifetime of smart financial decisions. And here's the kicker I live a comfortable lifestyle and I haven't yet started collecting my social security or my smallish pension. I also haven't touched my 401K or my savings. I saved a "fortune" from a fortune cookie I got about 30 years ago. Its a simple message and here's what it says......"He who knows he has enough, IS RICH". I have enough, I certainly don't need a new Challenger or the latest model, They don't offer it in Green With Envy anyway, ha ha ha......... Words to live by......

MODS: White rally stripes, Sequential tail lights, BT GWE engine bling, Sill guards,
Torque Thrust Wheels, JBA exhaust, Hurst line locks & shifter, Hood pins, Fastman TB
Strut tower brace, Billet strut covers, Custom embroidery, Drake fuel door,
Splash guards, Quarter side scoops, T/A hood, Engine rebuild with

forged internals, Whipple 2.9L SC

PB 11.60 @ 120mph

The Following User Says Thank You to vichris For This Useful Post:
Gary John (06-08-2019)
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Congrats A Guy, sure feels good when it is your!
Your Challenger is still looking new to boot with no miles. She has a good life!

2018 SXT Plus Granite Crystal Metallic
2017 Maverick XMR 1000R
2015 Ram 3500 Dually 4x4 Aisin
2014 Palomino Columbia 43' TH
The Following User Says Thank You to Mud Yapster For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-08-2019)
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Congrats! Always a good feeling paying off a vehicle and nice to get that money back each month until you decide to splurge again. Even sweeter that you did so with very low mileage and upgrades.

The Following User Says Thank You to WorldWarScat For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-08-2019)
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:51 AM

Congratulation on getting the Challenger paid off, I paid mine off about a year and a half ago and man does it feel good not having a payment lol.

2014 SRT Core - 12.091 @ 114.03 mph
2010 R/T - PB 12.87 Traded

I know my car runs 10's because I once beat a guy who said his car runs 11's.
The Following User Says Thank You to 70barcuda For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-08-2019)
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:38 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats,I know the feeling. Paid mine off a few months ago too.
The Following User Says Thank You to ljb2148 For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-08-2019)
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:57 PM

Garage
that's a great accomplishment. congratulations.
well deserved.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoCash For This Useful Post:
A Guy (06-08-2019)
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool! Awesome feeling. I paid mine off like 3 years ago after we sold a condo and bought a house and had enough left over to pay off the RT! Great feeling not having that car payment and it belongs to the owner! Yay!

Beth

Nothing better than a Challenger.

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T: Flowmaster, MOPAR CAI, American Racing Torque Thrusts and Yokohama 20s, T-bar shifter, brake and gas pedal overlays, 3M clear bra. At some point in the future I want to do performance modifications.

post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:17 PM

Congrats!! I regret not getting the life time warranty for my scatpack for $2300 offered to me, got the 5 year/85,000 mile instead. Maybe i'll think about investing the extra $1300 I saved somewhere as a rainy day fund for the Challenger down the line.

2017 Pitch Black Challenger R/T Scat Pack A8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Challenger Chat Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode