OFFICIAL: I'm not trading in for the next new thing - Page 8 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Challenger Chat Lounge Come on in and visit with your friends... This section is for socializing and 'just for fun' type threads. Please ONLY post those threads within this section **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:09 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am very satisfied with my ride and have no intention of upgrading when something newer or better comes out. I went into Challenger ownership with an SXT, but then I realized that I would have way more fun if the sound matched the car, so I upgraded to a HEMI and upgraded the exhaust. Like most on the board I bought something that was practical for me. I am not a track guy, I just grew up in the heart of the muscle car era and have loved and pined for the new Challenger since its announcement in 2006. I have done a few mods but nothing extreme. I still have my eyes on a set of brass monkey wheels but that will have to wait for next years tax refund. Besides the thought of losing tens of thousands in depreciation the first few years on SRTs scared me away from the upper echelon.

When it came time for a new car this go around, my kids (3 in college and 1 going into her senior year in HS) pushed me into my dream car and I am very thankful for that. No regrets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ChallengerBoston; 05-12-2017 at 09:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChallengerBoston For This Useful Post:
ElPasoBob (05-14-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal H View Post
Bob - enjoy the new car.

I remember this thread - and the irony of your post yesterday of the "oil change"...you barely made it 4 months after the proclamation, but hey...the "bark" of the 392 is hard to ignore...

You'll enjoy the SP Shaker - once you get some miles on it and can open it up. There's differences you'll notice, trust me.
PS: launch control isn't enabled until 500mi

There's several levels of break-in recommendations for the 392 compared to the 5.7.
Don't tell anyone, but I traded in an SXT last year for the RT I just traded, WTF is wrong with me?

Oh, nothing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

El Paso Bob
2016 HellCat
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,568 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPasoBob View Post
Don't tell anyone, but I traded in an SXT last year for the RT I just traded, WTF is wrong with me?

Oh, nothing
We just need to keep you away from the dealers...

otherwise, you're going to blow through that retirement fund in Challengers

2016 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 23Y pkg (M6) ordered 8/28/15, born 10/23/15, home 11/20/15
Torred / Black/ Ruby Red leather
2009 R/T 27J pkg (M6) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08
Hemi Orange / Dark Slate/Light Slate Gray leather
-Sold 9/1/15
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal H For This Useful Post:
ElPasoBob (05-14-2017)
post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,732 Times in 2,822 Posts
Garage
He succumbed to the Dark Side...

Mark my words, I'm not trading for the next best thing. Plan is either old guy looks really cool in shiny black Challenger, or really ridiculous looking old guy. I'll be old, and will have a shiny black Challenger, so figure either way I won't care

A Guy

2016 SXT Plus Pitch Black Blacktop Package. Eibach Pro lowering springs. Solo cat back exhaust. Paint and wheels coated w/ CQuartz Finest. DLux on all plastic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A Guy For This Useful Post:
Big Daddy's R/T (12-03-2017), ElPasoBob (05-14-2017)
post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 09:43 AM

I'll be keeping mine until something happens to it or me. I love my R/T.

2011 Challenger R/T T/A

The Following User Says Thank You to greatdane68 For This Useful Post:
Big Daddy's R/T (12-03-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Challenger Chat Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode