Is it True that Challengers... - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Challenger Chat Lounge Come on in and visit with your friends... This section is for socializing and 'just for fun' type threads. Please ONLY post those threads within this section **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:31 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ironically, the Challenger would not be what it is today, if not the for the whole convoluted journey beginning at the 2006 auto show. One thing led to another and by the time Sergio Marchionne took oversight, one of the first things he said publically was along lines of why is a car company like Dodge making 400+ hp v8's?. He was a quick learner open to different strategies needed for various countries and took advice when needed. So here we are today with Dodge being as UN-Fiat as Ferrarai was during it's Fiat entanglements.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,910 Times in 1,802 Posts
My 2018 Nissan Titan is more American made than my Challenger will ever be, it’s a fact.
Years ago we were a melting pot, those days are long GONE.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is
impossible- but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket 2012 View Post
My 2018 Nissan Titan is more American made than my Challenger will ever be, it’s a fact.
Years ago we were a melting pot, those days are long GONE.
True yet not true ... The 'glory, prestige and majority of profits' of a product goes to those behind the engineering and design of something. An exmple is the Iphone, Apple gets the brunt of that, not who they farm out the manufacturing to in another country. The last thing one should want is to become 'just' the manufacturer for another country's high end creativity. The best scenario (though as you said is rare today), is to both design and manufacture, so it's a win/win for the various abilities across a population.

Last edited by Charger440rt; 01-02-2019 at 09:18 PM.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,910 Times in 1,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger440rt View Post
True yet not true ... The 'glory, prestige and majority of profits' of a product goes to those behind the engineering and design of something. An exmple is the Iphone, Apple gets the brunt of that, not who they farm out the manufacturing to in another country. The last thing one should want is to become 'just' the manufacturer for another country's high end creativity. The best scenario (though as you said is rare today), is to both design and manufacture, so it's a win/win for the various abilities across a population.
My Titan was designed and built here, it was an American work force who built it and can service it too. Yes, there are components from elsewhere, but overall it more from here than not. At least my Wrangler was built here.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post

Not really accurate to call it "American Made" but still can call it an "American Muscle Car"....because, just like this country, it's a melting pot of all the best and worst that the rest of the world has to offer.
You've done it again, Dawg. You've made one of those amazing statements that we need to read twice.

From what I recall, my Hemi is made in Mexico. That means all that muscle comes from south of the border. Hmmm. Since I love Mexican food, guess I could argue that mine does too.

Last edited by garyahouse; 01-02-2019 at 11:01 PM.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 05:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyahouse View Post
You've done it again, Dawg. You've made one of those amazing statements that we need to read twice.

From what I recall, my Hemi is made in Mexico. That means all that muscle comes from south of the border. Hmmm. Since I love Mexican food, guess I could argue that mine does too.

As long as we consider the standard definition of American Muscle Car....which includes the term "American Made" to be inclusive of all of North, South and Central America....we account for most of the Canadian and Mexican manufactured parts. Then we simply discount the minority of foreign made parts. The German influence of the chassis and transmission is not different than the how we all (most of us anyway) trace our ancestry to some foreign land.

Now what's wrong is to have a vanity plate on your Challenger that says (USA-MADE), like I saw here in western PA.

K-DAWG
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:35 AM

Thanked 1,023 Times in 717 Posts
Garage
Thread started by someone called "BigSpolier" (get it?) who drives a Z06 Vette and not a Challenger? Yeah, I'd say this is a troll thread...

Here I'll fix it, here's a pic of my American Muscle Car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	855.6 KB
ID:	936765  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 Go Mango Scat Pack 6 speed with a Speedlogix catch can.
Other current car: 1966 Mustang GT coupe

Last edited by MuscleCarProf; 01-03-2019 at 06:40 AM.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,738 Times in 1,877 Posts
Garage
I'm okay with all of the foreign-made parts- that's how the car industry functions. I'm just glad that the Challenger was designed in the U.S. by guys who loved muscle cars.

Check out this video about the Challenger's concept's original exterior and interior designers- Micheal Castiglione and Jeff Gale of Pacifica Studios.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCarProf View Post
Thread started by someone called "BigSpolier" (get it?) who drives a Z06 Vette and not a Challenger? Yeah, I'd say this is a troll thread...
I'm a member of the CorvetteForum and this morning I saw this thread..... Wonder if it's our Troll.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ple-times.html

Just say'n....
The Following User Says Thank You to TorRed Jim For This Useful Post:
MuscleCarProf (01-03-2019)
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Now what's wrong is to have a vanity plate on your Challenger that says (USA-MADE), like I saw here in western PA.
Maybe it was referring to the driver......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Challenger Chat Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode