What is wrong with this picture - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Challenger Chat Lounge Come on in and visit with your friends... This section is for socializing and 'just for fun' type threads. Please ONLY post those threads within this section **ALL forum rules apply in Off Topic**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 10:01 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
On a side note... that is the first time I have seen that decal combination... and I might like it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 SRT 392 A8, Black on Black
Follow me on Instagram @chiggs392
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 10:02 AM

Thanked 1,286 Times in 792 Posts
[quote=Nuke;7744042]Ah, okay, now I'm on the same page with you...sorry, my brain works in mysterious ways sometimes. Like how it never tapped my brakes today and said, "Hey Nuke, instead of getting all pumped about getting your car back and just driving up there, why don't you call them first to confirm they have it ready to go?" Yeah, good advice brain, where were you when I needed you earlier today?!?

But back to you @Bad daytona: it sounds like you may suffer from the same affliction I continually fall victim to - communicating as though others know what I am thinking

I have been waging an ongoing struggle with that ever since I learned how to communicate it seams. I have to continually remind myself, "they can't read your thoughts, so make sure you don't speak with them as though they can!" Easier said than done...

I have even tried writing little reminders to myself on post-it notes that say that same thing and then sticking them to my various computers in an effort to make sure I don't backslide yet again. But that doesn't work out very well in practice, as it usually ends up with me having some sort of animated argument with myself while others look on in bewilderment.

----------------------------------------

<sits down and reads a note saying "just remember, your reader isn't in your head; they can't read your thoughts">

"Oh yeah, then who keeps telling me to kill prostitutes??"

"What do you mean you don't know, somebody is telling me that, and since no one is around, they MUST be inside my head. EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!"

"Shush yourself, I don't care if people are staring, I want an answer to my question!"

"No, YOU'RE INSANE!!"

<realizes he has been talking to himself and the whole office is now watching and getting very nervous>

<picks up phone and pretends to be talking on it>

"HAHA, that's a good one mom, but I gotta let you go, I'm at work. Love you too! Bye-bye"

<turns around to guage coworkers' reactions>

"Hey, where are y'all going? I'm not going to hurt you! What do you mean I'm crazy?!?! That really WAS my mother!"

<sees police car pull up out front>

"FINE!! Just remember folks, SNITCHES GET STITCHES!! "

<runs for the back door but is cuffed and stuffed before making it>

"I AIN'T DID SH*T!! I AIN'T DID SH*T!! REMEMBER ATTICA!!! "

-------------------------------------

Yep, that's a pretty typical Friday for me

Delete.I was going too far into the weeds...But I'm sure you know what I was going to say anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 srt Challenger
2012 SRT Charger
07 SRT 300
2006 Tor Red Daytona Diablo tune,RSAs,,K&N CAI,headers,drilled slotted rotors
1970 RT Challenger 440
1970 Road Runner 440
94 Ram Cummins-44pds Boost,880 lbs tq,Big smoke car killer.

Last edited by Bad daytona; 08-18-2017 at 10:44 PM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 10:15 AM

eh you know, they have a "Wide Body" Demon, that could be the "Open Wheel" version.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,354 Times in 982 Posts
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb

I stopped buying cable TV a long time ago, but I am forever seeing advertisements and commercials for the newest, greatest, funniest, whatever reality show that involves taking something that's in bad shape and working on it until it is in good shape. Houses, cars, boats, bars, restaurants, people...PEOPLE! Apparently it doesn't matter what it is or who it is, if it (or them) has fallen into disrepair and has enough potential to be salvaged, there is a reality show out there that showcases people salvaging it (or them). And if there is not a show about salvaging it already, I'm sure Bravo or TLC or some other sinkhole of a network will jump at the chance to create one.

It is in that context that I am envisioning the next big reality TV show. Stay with me now, this will blow your mind:

It will probably air on Velocity or Discovery in the >10pm time slots (so our protagonists can curse), and it will chronicle two gentlemen who have teamed up to travel the country and look for pour souls like the owner of the Challenger in the initial post...look for LX owners that needs some help...and then they will provide that help!!

They will be able to identify their next project by the over-modded LX (and I do mean modded...MODDED 2 THE X-TREME!!!). Once found, and the owner located, our heroes will split up and go to work.

One of them will take the blitzed Challenger, Charger, or 300 and begin de-modding it (kinda like what they do on Jesse Jame's Monster Garage, but in reverse!!). The other partner will take the owner and begin an intensive session of mod-deprogramming on him (imagine those people who used to kidnap Moonies and try to get them normal again so they could rejoin regular society) in an effort to make sure he gets his mind right. I mean, we can't have the finished car at the end of the episode become another featured car due to extreme mods on a future episode, right?? That would indicate the owner had backslid all the way backward into mod-hell.

Although that is a good idea for season 2...do some revisit episodes...NOTE to self - stop being so damned smart and handsome!!

There will be laughs, there will be tears...there will be hugs, and there will be beers. But most of all, there will be Challengers (and Chargers and 300s to a lesser extent)...And it is through the excavation of their owner's tortured minds that we will truly learn how to live within our own LXs...

I imagine some ringing endorsement would come through in response to screening the pilot episode for some select allies in the industry...something along the lines of:

'This show is so good I want to die now that it is over' - Author W. Writer, Cool TV Shows Magazine
'If I knew how to get another episode before everyone else, I would do it and no one could stop me...because I would kill them if they tried' - Felonus Penitentiary, Shanking and Skanking Monthly
'AAAAHHHHH AAAAHHHH AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH' - unidentifed person from the 5th Annual Loudest Yeller convention, Denver, CO

Or something like that...who knows, I'm sure there will be some of the best writers that alcohol can bribe on the staff whose only job will be to crank out drivel like that, so whatever. I just want to get in on the ground floor here. Let's get the ball rolling!!

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

<crickets>

<crickets>

Anybody?

Hello?

<crickets>

Okay, let someone else create it and make all the money then...INGRATES!!

2012 Charger R/T with Pursuit pkg. (2018 - ?)
-- The Bacon Hauler
------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Challenger Rallye Redline (2015 - 2018)
2011 Challenger Toxic Orange SE (2011 - 2014)
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hey @Bad daytona , I had a thread in the wash/wax section about a year ago in which I lamented the terrible etching in my front fascia from previous owner's refusal to clean off bug guts, and I think I posted some pics of it too.

Anyway I seem to remember you chiming in and telling me I should just bite the bullet and have the whole bumper assembly repainted. Well, you were right. It has been repainted now and man, it looks good!

I didn't realize how truly bad that etching looked until I never saw it again.

So I just wanted to let you know you won that battle, but I'm still gonna win the war!!
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 08:56 PM

Thanked 1,286 Times in 792 Posts
I thought of that and what you said about the repair.

At least some good came out of a bad situation.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 08:57 PM

I'm a detailer and a customer brought their car in after having their front end pegged with bugs for a whole year. The insides of bugs has a poison that ruins paint even when they have the clear guard on them. This customer couldn't understand since he had bought the simonize coating. We had to explain that simonize isn't a force field. Just had to share

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 13OrngChallRT For This Useful Post:
Nuke (08-21-2017)
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13OrngChallRT View Post
I'm a detailer and a customer brought their car in after having their front end pegged with bugs for a whole year. The insides of bugs has a poison that ruins paint even when they have the clear guard on them. This customer couldn't understand since he had bought the simonize coating. We had to explain that simonize isn't a force field. Just had to share

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Yeah, before I had this Challenger, I had heard of bug guts and bird poop etching the clear coat, but I'd never really seen any up close. When I got this Challenger, the front fascia had terrible etching on it from bug guts. You could make out the splatter patterns and everything. I don't think the previous owner had washed the front end the whole time they had it.

If I wasn't a believer in washing the bug guts off promptly before this, I certainly am now!!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 09:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
I am all about "to each their own", no really!

Whoever first used that phrase was very likely using it to defend me to their cackling friends, that's how pro-"to each his own" I am!!

But Challenger modification is not an infinite equation. There is a limit, and this gentleman has clearly reached it.

Actually, I feel like he walked up to it, peed on it, then jumped over it head first!! (the limit, that is...)

But if you still think I am on the wrong side here, I ask one last question of you: Today it looks like that, but how long do you think it will be before it looks like this -

And we all know there will be no turning back once it gets that bad!!

That's supposed to be a Superbird, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7875796-1970-plymouth-superbird-std-c.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	867218  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Off-Topic Area > Challenger Chat Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode