Solo's new X Pipe - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Solo's new X Pipe

As many of you know I tested the original Mach X catback for solo performance. They asked me back to test a new design and my thoughts on how it sounded. Of course I said yes! Let me tell you first that this is not for the faint of heart. This is pour raw American muscle. The sound of this exhaust compares to no other I have heard. But first a little history. A few years ago I put the original on my car and it was sweet. I had blasting bobs, and we all know the drone that comes with them. The Mach X with the J pipe technology is practically a drone free exhaust. A smooth sound at idle and on the hiway cruzing was pretty quite. Of course wot just screamed. I was happy!
Then everyone rant and raved about zoomers. Oh how they were the best sounding exhaust. So I remember Steve saying "how can you say yours is the best without trying the competitions ". So there was a thread on here about someone just installing zoomers and how they were to loud for him. So I contacted him and we swapped. He loved the machX and at first I was really happy with the zoomers. But what I noticed was they droned when they were cold and always at that 2200 rpm. Not much but still a bit annoying because that's crushing aspeed most of the time. No big deal I thought, ill just go a little faster or slower. The other thing I found is there loud. Loud all the time. Loud around town, loud on the hi way, loud when I'm on the phone. Loud when I'm trying to talk to wife and kids. And the loudness is coming from under where I'm sitting. And I felt the loudness in my seat. If the zoomers had a volume control I'd be happy. So I took a trip to myrtle beach in the spring and that was it. I gotta get rid of these things I must be getting old. It's just to loud. So I sold them. I bought pypes. First the street pro. Hum. They were not loud enough so I bought violators. Still not the sound I'm looking for. The seemed muffled. Drone was wicked. So Ive had a few different exhaust. So when the opertunaty came to test another set of solo's. I jumped on it this new muffler they came out with screams. Now I know what your thinking that the zoomers were to loud so why do I like these? Well it's because you don't hear and feel the exhaust note from under the car. Surprisingly you don't feel anything under car. And the sound actually comes from the tail pipes like you would think. There is practically no drone and quite on the hi way to the point where it almost sounds stock. Now for the sound. Holy cow. Awesome!! You don't have to go wot to wake this thing up. In fact not at all. Just blip the gas and smile. I know a lot of you have said that ford nailed the sound on the mustangs. This thing sounds even better. It's hard to beleave I know but I'm not lying.
Now for the best part. If you already have the machX you can swap out the Mach X muffler for the X muffler. You don't need to buy another exhaust. It's gonna be a replacement. How sweet is that. Ill be posting up pics of this thing and video sound clips probably later tonight when the cops go to sleep.

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 08-21-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Incorrect Title
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to renfrick1 For This Useful Post:
Immortal1 (08-15-2013), Trak pak (08-16-2013), Triz (08-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 07:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good Lord that was hard to read.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ed_r For This Useful Post:
DJIA305 (08-16-2013), Monte Fiasco (08-15-2013), MPX (08-15-2013)
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
I get carried away some times. But I'm just so stoked on the way this thing sounds. I thought the Mach X sounded good. This thing is awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

What models are these available for?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Supercharger, Snow Meth Injection, QTP Cutouts, Solo Exhaust, MM Ported TB, Custom 93 Tune.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Challenger SXT V6
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
To tell you the truth I dont know. You'll have to contact Steve. But I would assume they would be available for all.
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
The other thing I noticed about this exhaust is that there's no flutter. I reused my stock tips and don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I had the stock tips on the zoomers and they fluttered to
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 03:31 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've been looking to change up my exhaust and upgrade to 3 inch with a great sound.
I'm currently running, on my 392, kooks long tubes with hi flow cats going to borla xr1 mufflers welded in place of resonators and blastin bobs out the back. (I call my current exhaust Frankenstein) lol
I am extremely curious to the sound of this new set up and would upgrade quickly if the sound is as great as you say it is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Challenger SRT8 392
Brilliant Black with Silver Stripes
6 SPD Hurst Pistol Grip Short Throw Shifter
Hurst Line Lock
K&N Cold Air Intake
Modern Muscle 87mm throttle body
Kooks 1 7/8 headers with "high" flow cats and Borla XR-1 resonators
B&G tune...
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 05:54 PM

you got exact name or serial # op? a few different types on the website

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
YOu have to call Steve because its not out yet.
I'm trying to post a video now
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Vendors > Solo Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode