Input before upgrading - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi1031 View Post
Thanks Tshane and also for yours. We head d back to our home in Pinehurst, so perhaps we’ll be able to meet up sometime up in your area, grab some coffee and talk about the cars. We make trips up to the triangle every so often, mainly to hit up the stores that we don’t have down by us or just to get out of the house.

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually I'm a little south and east of Pinehirst, I live in Hope Mills, just south of Fort Bragg...about an hour from you so that's pretty close! We'll definitely have to get together sometime! Have a safe trip back to the states!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living my life....one quarter mile at a time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
So it seems I am am missing some of my notes and photos. With that being said this may end up not being as thorough of a write up as I intended. So hat I am going to do is wait till I get back stateside and have my own big garage (compared to typical German garage) to work in. I will go through the process again and ensure that I do not lose my notes, maybe I’ll give recording the process a try.

Reason being for doing this..... The sway bars are squeaking pretty bad anyhow and need more grease on them. Also, there is some clunking sounds, but not the same as when the sway bar bushings are bad. I believe it is the fact that I am installed adjustable sway bar end links. There are no bushings on them, so it’s metal to metal. At least this is my assumption. If anyone has other ideas please let me know. I am also wondering if the noise is due to what I believe it is, is there a solution? It sounds as though parts are loose. Perhaps I should switch to non-adjustable end links that have bushings? Any thoughts are welcome.

Once again I apologize for the delay in a write up. Hopefully the end product will help folks in the future.

Tim

2013 Challenger SRT8-Airaid CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Zoomers Cat-Back Exhaust, Mopar Stage 1 Lowering Springs, BT Catch Can, BT under hood dress up kit, Petty’s Garage Front & Rear Sway bar, Petty’s Garage bolt on Sub-Frame Connectors, SX/Razors Edge Front & Rear End Links, SX Rear Tension Arms, SX Front & Rear strut/shock tower braces, Diablo 93 canned tune, Nitto 555G2 (summer)/Motivos (winter)
2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 5.7L-Airaid CAI, Eibach rear 3” lowering springs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:12 AM

Input before upgrading

Quote:
So it seems I am am missing some of my notes and photos. With that being said this may end up not being as thorough of a write up as I intended. So hat I am going to do is wait till I get back stateside and have my own big garage (compared to typical German garage) to work in. I will go through the process again and ensure that I do not lose my notes, maybe I’ll give recording the process a try.

Reason being for doing this..... The sway bars are squeaking pretty bad anyhow and need more grease on them. Also, there is some clunking sounds, but not the same as when the sway bar bushings are bad. I believe it is the fact that I am installed adjustable sway bar end links. There are no bushings on them, so it’s metal to metal. At least this is my assumption. If anyone has other ideas please let me know. I am also wondering if the noise is due to what I believe it is, is there a solution? It sounds as though parts are loose. Perhaps I should switch to non-adjustable end links that have bushings? Any thoughts are welcome.

Once again I apologize for the delay in a write up. Hopefully the end product will help folks in the future.

Tim

My links make the same noise, emailed speed logix and they claim its normal. Some of the comforts we give up for racecar parts lol. It could be that the link aren’t adjusted properly but yes metal on metal is noisy.

I bet she feels like your on rails though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:14 AM

Garage
Quote:

Tim

My Whiteline sway bars are adjustable and don't make a sound, and I don't see how they would when properly installed.

So tell me, how do you work on a car in a German garage? The passengers have to get out before the car is pulled in, and with the passenger side almost touching the wall, the driver's door still can't be opened all the way, and there isn't room to walk in front of the car if the garage door will close, nicht wahr.

Somewhere in the Sonora Desert...
2014 R/T Shaker M6 w/JBA long tubes and exhaust, Magnuson super charger, Fastman throttle body, API fuel hat, HHP custom tune - See the rest in my garage...

Wife: 2015 R/T Plus A8 jazz blue pearl w/ Super Track Pak, A/C-heated leather seats and some other cool stuff,,,
Member:

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:32 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some noise is to be expected when changing things. Getting rid of cushiony rubber bushings for less compliant better handling ones that's the trade off. Double check tightness of all your bolts. My guess is they're all tight and the clunk is normal. Mine does it too.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys. I have checked tightness a few times just to be sure nothing is loose. I am cool with noise for improved handling. The noise I keep hearing just sounds “off” to me. Truly as though something is loose. I really don’t know how else to describe it. She does handle great though!

Either way I’ll get under there in a couple months, after it gets off it’s boat ride, and take a look at everything again.

Gila,

I was lucky enough to live in the same house all three times that I was stationed over here. The landlord built the house in 05-06 to rent to Americans, so the garage is a bit bigger. Really it’s a two car, one side for the downstairs apartment/living space and one for the upstairs. Two family home for those that aren’t familiar. That’s how they like to do it here, sometimes even more. Anyhow, I was always able to pull in and stay more to the middle to clear the wall, for passengers to get out. Depth was never really an issue. But clearance was never enough to fully open doors and doing things such as wheel removal where done in tight quarters.

First photo is the last (2nd) time I was stationed here and got the Challenger. Installing the Stage 1 springs. Second photo is from being here this time and doing the suspension work described in my OP. One of the photos that I found, not sure whee the rest went. Third photo is the truck I brought with me the first two times I was here. It actually fit in the garage, which my landlord loved, took a photo of and used in his on-post house advertising at the housing office. Miss that truck... diff blew up before moving here though and had to get rid of it. Well gotta go. Catch y’all later

Tim

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks guys. I have checked tightness a few times just to be sure nothing is loose. I am cool with noise for improved handling. The noise I keep hearing just sounds “off” to me. Truly as though something is loose. I really don’t know how else to describe it. She does handle great though!

Either way I’ll get under there in a couple months, after it gets off it’s boat ride, and take a look at everything again.

Gila,

I was lucky enough to live in the same house all three times that I was stationed over here. The landlord built the house in 05-06 to rent to Americans, so the garage is a bit bigger. Really it’s a two car, one side for the downstairs apartment/living space and one for the upstairs. Two family home for those that aren’t familiar. That’s how they like to do it here, sometimes even more. Anyhow, I was always able to pull in and stay more to the middle to clear the wall, for passengers to get out. Depth was never really an issue. But clearance was never enough to fully open doors and doing things such as wheel removal where done in tight quarters.

First photo is the last (2nd) time I was stationed here and got the Challenger. Installing the Stage 1 springs. Second photo is from being here this time and doing the suspension work described in my OP. One of the photos that I found, not sure whee the rest went. Third photo is the truck I brought with me the first two times I was here. It actually fit in the garage, which my landlord loved, took a photo of and used in his on-post house advertising at the housing office. Miss that truck... diff blew up before moving here though and had to get rid of it. Well gotta go. Catch y’all later

Tim

That garage is huge for Germany, and it's the first German garage I've ever seen with anything in it besides a car! Thanks for the photos!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila Hemi View Post
That garage is huge for Germany, and it's the first German garage I've ever seen with anything in it besides a car! Thanks for the photos!

Figured you would get a kick out of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to hemi1031 For This Useful Post:
Gila Hemi (06-08-2019)
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshane72 View Post
Actually I'm a little south and east of Pinehirst, I live in Hope Mills, just south of Fort Bragg...about an hour from you so that's pretty close! We'll definitely have to get together sometime! Have a safe trip back to the states!

My mistake.... I thought you said you were up in the Cary area. Maybe that’s someone else. Hmmm.... My memory isn’t that good anymore. Hope Mills isn’t far either. I’ll be working on Camp MacKall. I’m sure we’ll get together at some point or drive past each other and not realize it. Lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode