BurnBox Gen 1
(6.1L support). Only Line Lock, Light Show, and Cooldown
Tranzformer Gen 1
(6.1L support). Many more options
No Tazer support for the 6.1L
The BurnBox is attractive that it is a plug in. I'm not real fond tapping into other wiring such as the TranZformer uses. It would be great if it had a hookup (s) available that would plug in between the necessary harnesses instead.
I wasn't sure if all the options they have listed for the TranZformer were applicable to my 6.1.
Looks like the BurnBox will do the light shows and Cool down, which the TranZformer does not.
From their site:
For Firmware Version 1.4.2-032715
The TranZformer Shift Kit is an electronic shift enhancer for Dodge/Chrysler LX/LC vehicles. The TranZformer serves
- User adjustable shift firmness for each gear in Drive and AutoStick independently, a user adjustable throttle-
based scaling function. Adjustments can be made using Z Automotive Programming Utility (ZPU) for
Windows PCs, connected to the TranZformer via USB. Shift kit parameters can also be set using steering
wheel buttons on-the-fly.
- AutoUpshift – TranZformer will Upshift vehicle in AutoStick at a user-defined RPM trip point. Can be set
using ZPU or via steering wheel buttons on-the-fly.
- Steering Wheel Shifting – Driver can manually shift through gears using steering wheel volume buttons.
- Line Lock Mode – Uses ABS solenoids to lock front brakes for standing burnouts
- Burnout Mode– Uses ABS pump to lock the front wheels for super easy standing burnouts
- Launch Mode– Uses ABS solenoids to lock the all four wheels for precise launches
- Transmission Temperature Display – Displays transmission temperature on EVIC display/gauges
- Transmission Status Display – Displays current gear and torque converter clutch status on EVIC display
- Peak RPM Display – Displays actual peak recorded actual shift RPM at every shift when in this mode
- 0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timers – Displays 0-30 or 0-60 times on EVIC display
- 1/8 Mile and 1/4 Mile Timers – Displays 1/8 and 1/8 mile times on EVIC display
- ESP re-enable – ESP reset on the fly for R/T’s with NoESP or “key trick” ESP disable
- Reset Adaptives – Reset TCM learned shift adaptives on-the-fly
- Kill Adaptives Mode – Keeps adaptives from learning driving habits and keeps the transmission responsive
- Clear CELs – Clear the check engine light and reset all codes without a scan tool!
- MDS indicator – turn this on if you have MDS and want to have an indication of when it’s active
- Auxiliary Output – Use this output to control an external device using steering wheel controls