Fastman Throttle Body - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Bolt On's Anything related to the quick Bolt-On mods. This includes cams, heads, catch cans, shifters, T-stats, coils, injectors, strut braces, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
War

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Fastman Throttle Body

I just ordered the standard mod from Fastman for my 2017 Challenger RT 5.7. I was just wondering if I had to tune it in order for it to run proper? It’s under warranty still so I haven’t messed with the PCM yet. But I heard some stories if I don’t tune it it’ll make my car feel sluggish is this true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 11:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by War View Post
I just ordered the standard mod from Fastman for my 2017 Challenger RT 5.7. I was just wondering if I had to tune it in order for it to run proper? It’s under warranty still so I haven’t messed with the PCM yet. But I heard some stories if I don’t tune it it’ll make my car feel sluggish is this true?

Always seek to get a tune when adding things that alter air fuel trims but realistically you don’t need to for this.
I put a fastman 88mm on and didn’t tune it for months. No ill effects and no sluggishness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Challenger R/T Automatic
HP Tuners tuned, 270 Comp cam, BES ported heads, 3.91 rear, Driveshaft Shop one piece aluminum driveshaft, OCPerformance dual plane intake manifold, 88mm Fastman ported throttle body, custom side dump straight pipes, JBA longtubes and a healthy shot of giggle gas via Nitrous Express
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:13 AM

curious what you got for a power gain with the tb and tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:06 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I had FM mod my throttle body. I drove the car for about four months until I got the dyno tune done. I noticed no change in performance before the tune. FM is a great guy to work with and turn around time was good and exactly what he told me the time frame would be.

2010 Challenger SRT8 M6: TorRed, Barton (skip shift+), Mopar Performance Long Ram CAI and Exhaust Tips, Fastman TB mod, Speedlogix Strut Tower Brace (front and rear), Brass Monkey Wheels (clones), Arrington Catch Can, 30% Tint (doubles the hp)
2016 Subaru CrossTrek (daily driver)
2006 Ducati 999s (scary fast)
1998 Ducati 748 SPS (far from stock)

"Who Dares Wins"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:55 AM

Fastman modified my stock TB from 80 to 84mm. Very nice work and delivered as we agreed. The gains from a TB mod are small and won't be felt unless there is a sophisticated method to measure before and after. It's one of those every little bit helps mods.

When asked about tuning for the TB my tuner said "your tune is good for a TB mod". My question is why would recontouring and increasing TB throat required a retune? Since the engine is NA it's only going to flow what it's size and rpm require. I don't understand what tables would need to be modified for a slightly quicker transition of airflow or a slightly increased maximum airflow. Granted my tuning knowledge is minimal but I'm hoping some of the guys with greater tuning knowledge can provide some useful information.

2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
Jazz Blue, Ruby Red Leather, A8, Scat Pack Appearance Group
Tazer, BT catch can, ported intake manifold, Hemifever Tune, Fastman 84mm TB.
SW mid pipes, Performance differential brace, BMR non adjustable trailing arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Bolt On's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode