Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Looking for 700-800 rwhp build

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  White R/T 
#1 ·
My 392 is getting forged as we speak. We used a lower CR 9.7 piston for boost.

I'm looking at whipple and kenne bell superchargers to achieve this.

The question im asking here is whats the best route to take to achieve 700-800 rwhp?

I dont think the basic kits will take me past 650hp.

#2 ·
Buy the tuner kit. pick your injectors ,pulley and fuel system . 700 whp is easy . 800 not so much unless you plan using something other than pump fuel. I have a Procharged Scat with a HC short block that's 9.5 comp. if I ever build a new short block I will target 10:7--11 comp.. higher compression leads to a more efficient engine with better throttle response and less boost needed. less boost. less heat . IMO..the days of low comp boosted apps are gone. there's no need with computer controls. the new Coyote is 12:1 and guys are putting twins on a stock bottom end and making 1000 plus. my 2 cents.

#3 ·
If your still doing engine work going up to 426 would make your goal easier. I like the Kenne Bell setup too but a friend with a Procharger and a stock 392 cant hook up the power he has now so thats what I'll probably end up doing with my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.