Any recommended Modern Hemi Shops in AZ? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Performance Modifications Want to talk about performance modifications for your Dodge Challenger? This is the forum for that. Anything related to quick bolt-on mods (e.g., cams, heads, oil catch cans etc.). (Dodge Challenger Performance Modifications)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Any recommended Modern Hemi Shops in AZ?

I'm way down in Sierra Vista, but wanted to see if anyone has recommendations for places in Tucson or Phoenix that are good at tuning, bolt-on's, etc for Challengers. I found a place called Plum Floored Creations up in Phoenix, but haven't seen any real reviews of it. Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 03:24 PM

Garage
PSI in Tucson is supposed to be good for tuning. They have a mustang dyno and have mostly done WRX's, GTR's, and have recently starting doing domestics. I have heard good things about them but havent been able to check them out yet. I spoke with a guy from plum floored creations and he sounded like he definitely knew what he was talking about but he also told me that business is something done on the side. PSI has a facebook page with videos/photos if you wanted to check that out. Unfortunately the dealerships out here in Tucson aren't really knowledgeable when it comes to aftermarket mods even if you're dealing with Mopar stuff. I wish we had a dealership like Steve White in Arizona.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 R/T Classic Pitch Black
H&R Springs
Mopar Short Shifter
Staggered Hellcat Replicas
JBA Long Tubes with Hi Flo Cats
Resonator Delete
K&N Air Intake
AEM AFR Gauge
Johan Tuned

Last edited by mpva141; 06-11-2015 at 03:25 PM.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'll have to check PSI out. Plum Floored does look good but I'd hate to have to drop my car all the way up in Phoenix for everything I need. There does seem to be a lack of shops around here that deal with our cars. And since I'm not confident enough to do more than simple bolt-on's, I'm on the hunt for a good shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 03:33 PM

Garage
Yea thats what sucks theres no real shops out here that I know of that specialize in modern hemi's. What are you trying to get done?
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm looking to add shorty's and catless mids, and then possibly a Zex system this summer. I'm pretty sure I could do those mods myself, but would much rather have a shop that's experienced do the work. A cam and SC down the road, and those are way out of my comfort zone.

2014 Plum Crazy RT Classic
6spd, STP
Airaid CAI, Jet 180 t-stat, Barton shifter, JBA shorty headers, hi-flow cats, Flowmaster Super 10's, reso delete
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 03:47 PM

Garage
Very nice...I think PSI would be a good start. I looked at their FB page and they fabricate a lot of their stuff too so I would imagine installing headers and mid pipes wouldn't be too difficult for them. If you end up there please let me know how it works out, I was thinking about putting mine on their dyno to get a baseline since I do want to SC once the kits become available for the 15's. I helped a buddy install headers on a V6 model and I would not want to do that again...couldn't imagine doing it on the hemi with even less room to work with. I live about 10 minutes from that shop maybe I'll swing by on one of my days home from work to see what they say, or we could even meet there maybe if your up for it.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, I've heard horror stories about header installs on these things. I might try coming up there next weekend and checking the shop out. If I do, I'll give you a heads up first and see if you want to meet there.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 05:34 PM

Garage
will do just send me a pm
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 04:09 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I'm staying away from PSI. Yesterday I was quoted $1048.00 to install JBA shorty headers. Couple of shops in PHX quoted 500 & 550.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 09:43 PM

Yes im having my 2015 worked on by cordes performance racing in mesa az 480-359-5914 ask for joe. They just installed american racing headers on mine they are did a great job. Im waiting on my pcm module and tunner from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode