Ram Air Option?? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Performance Modifications Want to talk about performance modifications for your Dodge Challenger? This is the forum for that. Anything related to quick bolt-on mods (e.g., cams, heads, oil catch cans etc.). (Dodge Challenger Performance Modifications)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 3,217 Times in 2,050 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
the bezel is and the underhood piece are not separate from the kit, also the cai is different then the standard Mopar cai box

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

828-324-4410
800-779-3634

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I ordered this kit from Luke last summer and am very pleased with the results. It does a very nice job of directing the air to the airbag while still sealing it off from the engine compartment.

Dang .... I wish I knew how to rotate the thumbnail. (Thanks @A Guy for flipping the thumbnail.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2578.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	946793  

Rollin Isbell

2015 SRT Challenger - B5 Blue, Sun Roof, M6, Barton Shifter, Mopar T/A CAI, Mopar Front Strut Brace
2017 Dodge Durango R/T - Granite Crystal, Sun Roof, A8, Mopar Running Boards, Mopar Bright Pedals

Last edited by Wizard of Iz; 06-05-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Flipper
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:08 PM

Personally I think the scoop is better off cooling the manifold and moving air through the engine bay. Time and money better invested would be an LMI , air raid(fabbed) true fender pull or the hellcat air box mod. Imo your spinning your wheels trying to pull air from the hood. The purpose of a cai is to get fresh air from a dig. Pulling air from above a hot engine bay or sun radiated hood really won’t do a thing. Take that for what it is ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ronan978 For This Useful Post:
nwooz1990 (06-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan978 View Post
Personally I think the scoop is better off cooling the manifold and moving air through the engine bay. Time and money better invested would be an LMI , air raid(fabbed) true fender pull or the hellcat air box mod. Imo your spinning your wheels trying to pull air from the hood. The purpose of a cai is to get fresh air from a dig. Pulling air from above a hot engine bay or sun radiated hood really won’t do a thing. Take that for what it is ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this explanation. I’m a huge fan of the Hellcat swap. Much cheaper. And let’s be honest...cooler looking to have a “fake headlight”. I took the engine cover off so the manifold would get air straight on it from the scoop. I just thought the scoop route would be much less in cost than it is. I definitely love the headlight intake more though.

Always do right. This will gratify some, and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:21 PM

Does that work on the Scat Pack hood with the two side vents or only on the single center scoop T/A hood? It looks like my widebody SP has placement accommodations for the T/A scoop CAI but I haven't seen any examples. I know it may not work any better than the hellcat lower box mod, but it sure looks cool.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard of Iz View Post
I ordered this kit from Luke last summer and am very pleased with the results. It does a very nice job of directing the air to the airbag while still sealing it off from the engine compartment.

Dang .... I wish I knew how to rotate the thumbnail.
Looks good!
The Following User Says Thank You to nwooz1990 For This Useful Post:
Wizard of Iz (06-05-2019)
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:46 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 3,217 Times in 2,050 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamstubb View Post
Does that work on the Scat Pack hood with the two side vents or only on the single center scoop T/A hood? It looks like my widebody SP has placement accommodations for the T/A scoop CAI but I haven't seen any examples. I know it may not work any better than the hellcat lower box mod, but it sure looks cool.
does not work on standard hood
Luke
The Following User Says Thank You to stevewhiteparts For This Useful Post:
Iamstubb (06-05-2019)
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:

No, but Cervini's has a kit for the standard dual scoop hood for about $350. However, I too feel that the scoops and belly pan aid in moving hot air out of the engine compartment and are more beneficial doing that then they would be feeding a direct intake system. Our stock intake systems are more than adequate at providing cold air to our engines. I installed an AEM high flow dry drop in filter in my R/T Classic and think it's the best path for overall performance.

2012 R/T Classic 6M; STP; Barton Shifter; CDV delete; Skip Shift Eliminator; Blastin' Bobs' axle back Magnaflow resonators; DiabloSport i2 tuner w/Hemifever custom tune; Mopar hood pins; Petty's Garage front strut brace; Tungsten Metallic Clear Coat.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
I know it may not work any better than the hellcat lower box mod, but it sure looks cool.
You just want an exposed filter?

2016 Hellcat
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewhiteparts View Post
does not work on standard hood
Luke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauljw View Post
No, but Cervini's has a kit for the standard dual scoop hood for about $350. However, I too feel that the scoops and belly pan aid in moving hot air out of the engine compartment and are more beneficial doing that then they would be feeding a direct intake system. Our stock intake systems are more than adequate at providing cold air to our engines. I installed an AEM high flow dry drop in filter in my R/T Classic and think it's the best path for overall performance.
He has the old style Hell Cat hood that now comes on the Scat Packs. That is the hood he is asking about.

I do not think the T/A package will work with the old style Hellcat hood. Sorry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Julian For This Useful Post:
Iamstubb (06-05-2019), Pauljw (06-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode